Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

    Another season is in the books. After a promsing start, the season ended with a thud. The good news is we improved over last season. The bad news is not as much as we would of liked.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

  • #2
    Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

    Non-Conference next season I believe we play a home and home series with NMU, at Michigan State and Notre Dame in the Shillelagh Tournament Thanksgiving weekend. There could be one more series. The WCHA needs to play much better in non-conference games next season. The league's NC record this year is an embarrassment.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

      I see that the owner of the @LakeStateHockey Twitter account took some flak last night, including from a couple of the players. I've been blocked from viewing that account for a couple of years so I don't know what kind of garbage the owner was Tweeting last night, but it's nice to see that more people are recognizing that account for what it is, a faux fan account. I could see the replies to whatever @LakeStateHockey Tweeted.
      Last edited by Bill; 03-05-2017, 12:40 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

        Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Non-Conference next season I believe we play a home and home series with NMU, at Michigan State and Notre Dame in the Shillelagh Tournament Thanksgiving weekend. There could be one more series. The WCHA needs to play much better in non-conference games next season. The league's NC record this year is an embarrassment.
        I think the teams they will play in conference 4 times are:
        Ferris
        Michigan Tech
        Bowling Green
        Anchorage
        Bemidji

        They will also have:
        2 vs. Mankato
        2 vs. Alaska
        2 at Huntsville
        2 at Northern

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

          Originally posted by Bill View Post
          I see that the owner of the @LakeStateHockey Twitter account took some flak last night, including from a couple of the players. I've been blocked from viewing that account for a couple of years so I don't know what kind of garbage the owner was Tweeting last night, but it's nice to see that more people are recognizing that account for what it is, a faux fan account. I could see the replies to whatever @LakeStateHockey Tweeted.
          You didn't miss much Bill. Mostly giving certain players a lot of flak while hiding behind a computer screen.
          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

          Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

            Originally posted by Deman View Post
            You didn't miss much Bill. Mostly giving certain players a lot of flak while hiding behind a computer screen.
            Kinda like someone who frequently posts on your coach here?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

              Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Kinda like someone who frequently posts on your coach here?
              Neither one, assuming they are different persons, has been able to get over the firing of Jim Roque three years ago.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                I have a feeling Mitch Hults will be leaving early and turn pro. Hope I'm wrong!
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Neither one, assuming they are different persons, has been able to get over the firing of Jim Roque three years ago.
                  "Bill" methinks you love to bring it back to Jim Roque and look to the past, or the future, while ignoring the reality of the present, man.

                  With self appointed Laker hockey "experts" like yourself, it's no wonder that program is in the state that it is down there, on and off the ice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                    Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    I have a feeling Mitch Hults will be leaving early and turn pro. Hope I'm wrong!
                    It will be a bit of a waiting game to see if that happens. I hope he stays at least one more year also, although it won't be a surprise if he goes. Bindulis has also been getting attention from the scouts, but I think he took a step backward after the mid-season lower body injury, so he definitely should stay another season or preferably two; he's not ready for the pros yet. Hults' odds of making it as a pro would also be a lot better if he stayed another season.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                      All I know is that LSSU plays with a lot of heart, and seems to always come up a little short in the big games. (Yes I know....champs 88', 92' and 94'.) They have the talent, so I do not know what their issue is. If they have one thing going for them, it is their uniforms.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                        Originally posted by Clint Greenleaf View Post
                        All I know is that LSSU plays with a lot of heart, and seems to always come up a little short in the big games. (Yes I know....champs 88', 92' and 94'.) They have the talent, so I do not know what their issue is. If they have one thing going for them, it is their uniforms.
                        Rebuilding with a new coach takes time. It took both Mel Pearson at Michigan Tech and Chris Bergeron at Bowling Green 4 years to get their programs back to the .500 level once they were hired. Damon Whitten has added a lot of speed to the team at forward the past couple of years. Now we need to do the same with our D-men. From the games I've seen the past couple of years, I think the main thing separating us from the top teams in the league is this: the top teams have better overall skating speed/ability from their D-corps. That's the main area where I think the Lakers need to improve, and I think we will see that happen over the next few years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                          Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          It will be a bit of a waiting game to see if that happens. I hope he stays at least one more year also, although it won't be a surprise if he goes. Bindulis has also been getting attention from the scouts, but I think he took a step backward after the mid-season lower body injury, so he definitely should stay another season or preferably two; he's not ready for the pros yet. Hults' odds of making it as a pro would also be a lot better if he stayed another season.
                          Players don't need to "Make it" as a pro to get a bucket load of money. UAA's Mason Mitchell just left after 2 years for an entry level NHL 2 year contract. He will get $92,500 a year for two years in just a signing bonus, aside from whatever he makes in the AHL or the NHL. To a poor college student, that is pretty attractive, and hard to turn down.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                          From ADN:

                          "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                          UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
                            "Bill" methinks you love to bring it back to Jim Roque and look to the past, or the future, while ignoring the reality of the present, man.

                            With self appointed Laker hockey "experts" like yourself, it's no wonder that program is in the state that it is down there, on and off the ice.
                            Can you please share a link to where anyone has appointed themselves an expert? You seem to be rather outspoken on Laker hockey. What makes you different from Bill or any other?
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                              @FriedgeHNIC: WASH closing in on D Kristofers Bindulis from NCAA Lake Superior St. Free agent. Raw, but certainly talented. 21 years old.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


                              ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

                              ECAC Tournament Champions
                              2016

                              NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

                              NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

                              https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X