Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Interview (from the Mining Journal) with WCHA Commissioner Bill Robertson:

http://www.miningjournal.net/sports/...k-at-the-wcha/

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
    The Sept. 30 Laurentian game and Nov. 24 USA Hockey game have been removed from the schedule.
    I wonder if they will schedule a blue/gold game on September 30 to make up for the Laurentian game?

Leave a comment:

• CKrouth
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I didn't think so. One of the USA games is already off. One Laurentian game to go. You may have both one international exhibition and one exhibition against a team sanctioned by USA Hockey in the same year.
    The Sept. 30 Laurentian game and Nov. 24 USA Hockey game have been removed from the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
    They won't allow it. 2 games will be taken off the schedule.
    I didn't think so. One of the USA games is already off. One Laurentian game to go. You may have both one international exhibition and one exhibition against a team sanctioned by USA Hockey in the same year.

Leave a comment:

• CKrouth
    replied

I do wonder under what grounds they would allow that... part of me still thinks they won't, hence why Sunday's is still listed as TBD.
    They won't allow it. 2 games will be taken off the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Laurentian schedule is out and it lists both games. My guess is the NCAA allowed LSSU to have the extra Laurentian game but said no to the extra US-Under 18 game.
    I do wonder under what grounds they would allow that... part of me still thinks they won't, hence why Sunday's is still listed as TBD.

Leave a comment:

• RapidsCity
    replied
    Laurentian schedule is out and it lists both games. My guess is the NCAA allowed LSSU to have the extra Laurentian game but said no to the extra US-Under 18 game.
    LSSU gets a lot of NCCA love lately. Bringing in a Major Junior player and now an extra game.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

Yeah, probably just the Saturday only.

One of the Canadian games is a TBD; I assume that one's also going? Obviously will wait for confirmation.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I checked out the schedule on and the Friday, November 24 game against the USNTDP U-18 is no longer on there. I'm guessing the Friday game got dropped or they are in the process of moving the Friday game to a Sunday.
    http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hockey/2017-18/schedule
    Yeah, probably just the Saturday only.

One of the Canadian games is a TBD; I assume that one's also going? Obviously will wait for confirmation.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    The Lakers had 4 exhibition games on the posted schedule. You're only allowed to play 2. My guess would be that they firmed up the date with the US team. I would expect one of those Laurentian games to drop off as well.
    If games do get dropped, the season ticket prices would have to be adjusted (lowered) to reflect the one or two less games.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    I checked out the schedule on and the Friday, November 24 game against the USNTDP U-18 is no longer on there. I'm guessing the Friday game got dropped or they are in the process of moving the Friday game to a Sunday.
    The Lakers had 4 exhibition games on the posted schedule. You're only allowed to play 2. My guess would be that they firmed up the date with the US team. I would expect one of those Laurentian games to drop off as well as you are only allowed one game vs a Canadian team.
    Last edited by davyd83; 07-26-2017, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    ... if his final school offers a graduate degree program that his previous school did not.

GFM
    Thanks Geof. I knew there was some other condition involved but wasn't sure what it was off the top of my head.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X