Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Good interview, I wonder if Bill Crawford has hung up the headset.

    Too bad Morgan couldn't buy into the program he sure had talent.
    What happened to Holewa?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
      What happened to Holewa?
      My take is that he wasn't renewed.
      BLEED BLUE

      Comment


      • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

        Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
        My take is that he wasn't renewed.
        Seeing that he was mainly in charge of defense, it was probably a good decision to get rid of him. Especially with how much of a step back the team took defensively last year.

        Comment


        • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

          Zach Trotman has signed as a free agent with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

          https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pe...ts/c-290264338

          Comment


          • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

            Steve Oleksy has signed as a free agent with the Anaheim Ducks:

            https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks...rs/c-290252550

            Also, Buddy Robinson has signed as a free agent with the Winnipeg Jets:

            https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-s...on/c-290252224
            Last edited by Bill; 07-03-2017, 08:45 AM.

            Comment


            • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

              Wishing a safe & happy 4th of July to all you great hockey fans!🇺🇸
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

              Comment


              • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Wishing a safe & happy 4th of July to all you great hockey fans!����
                Thank you! Hope you had a great holiday, also.

                Comment


                • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                  Kevin Czuczman has signed a one year deal with the Penguins: http://blackburnnews.com/midwestern-...igns-penguins/
                  Go Lakers!

                  Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

                  Comment


                  • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                    Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                    Kevin Czuczman has signed a one year deal with the Penguins: http://blackburnnews.com/midwestern-...igns-penguins/
                    Good chance that he and Zach Trotman will be teammates at least some of the time this coming season.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Good chance that he and Zach Trotman will be teammates at least some of the time this coming season.
                      They were a very good pairing here at Lake State.
                      BLEED BLUE

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deman View Post
                        I was pretty disappointment in seeing him being skipped over in the draft this past weekend.
                        Don't be. Better to go undrafted than picked late. It gives you more options.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          In the USHL Phase 2 draft today, some of our future Laker commits were selected. This could be some indication of where they may play next season, but certainly not a sure thing. It's more of an establishment of who currently has their USHL rights. Players selected were Jacob Crespi (Tri-City), Nico Esposito-Selivanov (Sioux City), Ashton Calder (Lincoln), and Robert Blueger (Fargo). Some of our other future commits could possibly wind up in the USHL next season also.
                          It looks like Crespi's headed to NMU, according to a post in the NMU thread.

                          Comment


                          • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                            Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                            It looks like Crespi's headed to NMU, according to a post in the NMU thread.
                            I'm not sure where that NMU information is coming from. All the recruiting web sites still show him coming to the Lakers for the 2019-20 season. Since he was just named Mr Hockey for Michigan high school hockey this past season, it seems much more likely he will be playing junior hockey this coming season, probably in the USHL where he was drafted.

                            Comment


                            • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                              Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              I'm not sure where that NMU information is coming from. All the recruiting web sites still show him coming to the Lakers for the 2019-20 season. Since he was just named Mr Hockey for Michigan high school hockey this past season, it seems much more likely he will be playing junior hockey this coming season, probably in the USHL where he was drafted.
                              The NMU information is incorrect. He's going on a visit there at some point. I do know he's backed off his verbal to LSSU, but i'm sure they're still actively recruiting him.
                              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

                              —Brett Hull

                              Comment


                              • Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

                                I noticed all the home games (expect for Oct 1 which is still TBA) start at 7:07pm. Looks like they got rid of the Friday 7:37pm starts.

                                Also single game tickets are going up 50 cents which isn't too big of a deal.

                                Any whispers on who the new assistant coach will be?
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X