Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Odd no official press release yet? Seems everyone knows
    Scott article said they'll have a presser tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied
    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
    Heard from one of the players that they have a meeting this afternoon with the AD. They're expecting to be told that Dave Smith is their new head coach.
    Odd no official press release yet? Seems everyone knows

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    All of a sudden, the thread goes from a lynch mob to a bunch of whiny wackos that found out Bernie Sanders didn't get the nomination. Are we next going to see "Not My Coach" in the signatures of a bunch of posters?! The coach has been decided. Hopefully everyone's through the five stages by the end of September so we can focus on the two words/abbreviations that unite us all: RPI Hockey.
    Agree 100%. We don't have to like the process, but we support the squad. Go Red

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Is it possible Appert was let go due to a single event? His handling of Hackett's release seemed amateurish all around and raised a lot of questions, and I wonder if he was getting fired at season's end regardless of the season's outcome. RPI doesn't move as swift as it did w/ Appert on anything, and it's a response that aligns with this is what we have just seen - basically replacing the current coach with another who has about as similar of a track record as you can find.
    I think the most losses in school history sealed it for SA. Without going into details, My understanding of the Hackett situation was it was a season long issue which literally began as soon as players came back in the August, culminating in the divorce
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-05-2017, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bradz
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

Amen! I’m interested to see who he brings in for staff. I’m sure by this time he has been contacted by many candidates and will get input this weekend. I doubt he will bring Large with him as he is probably a candidate to take his spot at Canisius. I’m wondering how much staff money he was given as a part of his contract, so he can get good people. I also wonder if he will bring any of the Canisius commits over, I can only see one that might be okay more from a tactical standpoint. If Conger is a problem I hope he gets someone that can work him right.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
    Dave Smith is following one new person on Twitter: Bailey Conger.

Bailey Conger in recent days on Twitter has stopped following anything RPI related (he had been) and started to follow Hockey East and Seth Appert.

You can draw your own conclusions from this.
    Conclusion: You have too much free time.

Leave a comment:

• rsfs04
    replied

Dave Smith is following one new person on Twitter: Bailey Conger.

Bailey Conger in recent days on Twitter has stopped following anything RPI related (he had been) and started to follow Hockey East and Seth Appert.

You can draw your own conclusions from this.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Or maybe taking a que from Bernie

RPI Hockey: Coach Smith and A Future to Believe In
    Mr. Smith Comes to Troy?
    or
    Mr. Smith dances the Conger Line
    or
    RPI Hockey - We don't need a Nanne!
    Last edited by joecct; 04-05-2017, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Noresmen
    replied

Heard from one of the players that they have a meeting this afternoon with the AD. They're expecting to be told that Dave Smith is their new head coach.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Give the guy a chance.
    My sentiments exactly.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRQZuzBTKeQ
    1:02 I think there's a little symbolism here...

I'm not pleased with the process and clearly, neither are many of you. I'm shifted my concern from the manner of coach Appert's dismissal and the selection of coach Smith to the President and AD and the leadership exercised at that level. (With a bow to Jimmy Breslin, Does Anybody Here Know How to Play This Game?)

I support the people on the ice. The folks in the VIP lounge? Don't ask.
    Or maybe taking a que from Bernie

RPI Hockey: Coach Smith and A Future to Believe In

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied

All of a sudden, the thread goes from a lynch mob to a bunch of whiny wackos that found out Bernie Sanders didn't get the nomination. Are we next going to see "Not My Coach" in the signatures of a bunch of posters?! The coach has been decided. Hopefully everyone's through the five stages by the end of September so we can focus on the two words/abbreviations that unite us all: RPI Hockey.
    Your next threads title should be: RPI Hockey: In Smith We Trust

You need to jump on board the ship, not dive after the life rafts. Give the guy a chance.

Leave a comment:

• fr. joe
    replied

Thank you, FlagDUDE...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRQZuzBTKeQ
    1:02 I think there's a little symbolism here...

I'm not pleased with the process and, clearly, neither are many of you. I'm still very concerned with the whole manner of coach Appert's dismissal and the selection process that has brought us to this point. I'm concerned with the leadership exercised by the President and AD. (Wonder if our leadership is familiar with Jimmy Breslin's Does Anybody Here Know How to Play This Game?)

I trust the Board of Trustees is watching this unfold. They have a $90,000 question to ask.

I support the coaches and players. The folks in the VIP lounge? Don't ask.
    Last edited by fr. joe; 04-05-2017, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ServinisScores
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    If Smith was the choice because he came cheapest, that calls into serious question the move to axe Appert, unless someone can illuminate me on what Smith brings to the table other than "not Appert."

And for you haters out there, I didn't have a problem with the move on its face, but the four years left on the contract were part of a gamble that didn't pay off. Is this doubling down on bad gambles?
    Is it possible Appert was let go due to a single event? His handling of Hackett's release seemed amateurish all around and raised a lot of questions, and I wonder if he was getting fired at season's end regardless of the season's outcome. RPI doesn't move as swift as it did w/ Appert on anything, and it's a response that aligns with this is what we have just seen - basically replacing the current coach with another who has about as similar of a track record as you can find.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X