Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Today is 28 March 2017. There are 187 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Troy Record article about Nanne leaving and some repeat info about the company helping us look for a hew coach http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...r-coach-search

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We mathematicians are all about statistics.

I suspect that he was playing through a lot of injuries, some of which we did not know about.
    I would be inclined to believe the same, given the times he wasn't in the lineup, combined with the fact he's retiring instead of trying to turn pro. And yes, I get he could get quite a bit towards a MS...

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    I would assume that Lou was on a scholarship. Now there is a student athlete that put that money to work in a very efficient manner.
    A kid getting a first class education from his prowess for playing hockey isn't efficient?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    RC: Some people are all about statistics. That never tells the whole story and in fact, often tells no story. He was fun and exciting to watch and gave everything he had when he played. That is all that should matter. i prefer my players to be unselfish out there and i wold take a bunch of players like him on my team any time.
    We mathematicians are all about statistics.

I suspect that he was playing through a lot of injuries, some of which we did not know about.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    RC: Some people are all about statistics. That never tells the whole story and in fact, often tells no story. He was fun and exciting to watch and gave everything he had when he played. That is all that should matter. i prefer my players to be unselfish out there and i wold take a bunch of players like him on my team any time.
    He had a good gene pool, and learned from some of the best. He was fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Good lord, are you ever bitter.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Best wishes to Lou Nanne. He must have been really busy in his three years at RPI to complete his education and play hockey.
    One busy kid. Good luck Lou.
    I would assume that Lou was on a scholarship. Now there is a student athlete that put that money to work in a very efficient manner.

Leave a comment:

• RedWrister
    replied

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
    There goes Lou Nanne
    https://twitter.com/lounanne11
    He played hard and I particularly remember the hit he took against BU while he was trying to make a play up the middle.

The kid is off to cure cancer or something and I wish him well. Although once he cures cancer, here's hoping he finds a cure for baldness.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Good for him, opens up a spot for someone to do more than 0 pp goals and 3 goals all year. Another player good freshman and regressed under seths system
    Good lord, are you ever bitter.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by ambersuds View Post
    Sad to see Lou Nanne go. Amazing that he crammed the rigors of a hockey schedule and an engineering major into three years.
    He probably transferred some credits which he earned when taking courses while in the USHL, but still a notable achievement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X