Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan 3/3 & 3/4

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    Playing down to the level of their competition is a time honored Gopher tradition.

It was as predictable as gravity.
    lulz. Every team does this from time to time and where were you before this series?

Comment

The Gophers went from the usual tentative play (normal in the first) to rolling (they have more talent and it started to show) to coasting autopilot in the second to panic over the second half. Short a couple of top players...you can't relax.

Beyond that, Michigan was good. Lockwood great. Schierhorn great.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        LOL, such typical goofers. Never give credit to the other team who played much better than they have for most of the season.

Step away from the edge of the building- you guys played well last night. What you played was a totally different Michigan team (other than last week's second OSU game) than what you prepared for. Now that they have seen that, perhaps they will play it differently tonight.

Really- we've not really played like that all season- where we were basically blanketing the opposition man-man all night.

But if you want to blame your team for that, feel free.

Are you sure some of you are not from New England? And are secret fans of Boston sports? You act so much like them.
        Sounds about right.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I liked the energy from the Gophers tonight right out of the gate, but the rest...I didn't see a lot of precision hockey like we've seen in recent months. I'm not a fan of Lucia's strategy of sitting on a lead in the third by benching top scorers, shuttling in players with more of a D game and playing "dump and chase". That can turn and bite you, and it almost did. Mich. had significant zone time and good looks in the third. If Schierhorn is not on his game like he was tonight, we might be looking at a tie or loss at the buzzer. Mich. is a young team that I expect will be much improved next season.

I thought the Gopher D played with commitment with 16 of 28 total blocks. But I hope they cut down the low % bank passes off the wall and glass. Much needed win and with the BADgers epic collapse in Hockey Valley...we're back in 1st.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          This will cost us a #1 seed
          I think we can get that back next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            I liked the energy from the Gophers tonight right out of the gate, but the rest...I didn't see a lot of precision hockey like we've seen in recent months. I'm not a fan of Lucia's strategy of sitting on a lead in the third by benching top scorers, shuttling in players with more of a D game and playing "dump and chase".
            I don't like it either. But, Lucia was probably just trying to get through a Michigan series without a season-ending knee injury to a top six forward.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Are you sure some of you are not from New England? And are secret fans of Boston sports? You act so much like them.
              You know a lot of them have to be Pats fans. Minnesota really doesn't produce too many NFL caliber players much less 5 time Superbowl champions. They figure Tommy is a Big Ten guy so the "like" the Pats...

The Vikings aren't so hot either, neither are The G_d da_n Lions but at least the Lions made the playoffs last year (not that I care, I hate the Lions).
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

LOL, such typical goofers. Never give credit to the other team who played much better than they have for most of the season.

Step away from the edge of the building- you guys played well last night. What you played was a totally different Michigan team (other than last week's second OSU game) than what you prepared for. Now that they have seen that, perhaps they will play it differently tonight.

Really- we've not really played like that all season- where we were basically blanketing the opposition man-man all night.

But if you want to blame your team for that, feel free.

The #5 ranked team gave up a two goal lead to an unranked opponent.

And then promptly lost the game.

Michigan played well. Absolutely.

I think the Gophers could have played much better. Especially with a two goal lead.

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.

Enjoy your postseason. Hopefully Gopher fans will, much like the Pats fans have in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  You know a lot of them have to be Pats fans. Minnesota really doesn't produce too many NFL caliber players much less 5 time Superbowl champions. They figure Tommy is a Big Ten guy so the "like" the Pats...

The Vikings aren't so hot either, neither are The G_d da_n Lions but at least the Lions made the playoffs last year (not that I care, I hate the Lions).
                  Have another drink, Sweet Pea.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post

Really, if you are bringing The Lions up in a hockey thread, your team really is at rock bottom. You guys need to learn to hit the paint thinner on your down years.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                      The #5 ranked team gave up a two goal lead to an unranked opponent.

And then promptly lost the game.

Michigan played well. Absolutely.

I think the Gophers could have played much better. Especially with a two goal lead.

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.

Enjoy your postseason. Hopefully Gopher fans will, much like the Pats fans have in recent years.
                      LOL, yes, because is my sensibilities that pretty much pointed out that the #5 team in the country, leading their conference- it's pretty much expected that they will lose a game against one of the bottom team in the conference, let alone the country.

That's pretty funny.

We have no expectations anymore, and are happy that we have shown some significant improvement as the season comes to a close. It's actually satisfying to see the players become a team, even if it's quite late in the season- too late to really make in impact.

But I expect that even if your team makes it to the championship game but loses, you will ask that Lucia to be fired. As you could see it coming from a mile away. Or that if your goalie gives up a soft one to lose any game- shoulda expected it. Funny has heck.

Comment

LOL, yes, because is my sensibilities that pretty much pointed out that the #5 team in the country, leading their conference- it's pretty much expected that they will lose a game against one of the bottom team in the conference, let alone the country.

That's pretty funny.

We have no expectations anymore, and are happy that we have shown some significant improvement as the season comes to a close. It's actually satisfying to see the players become a team, even if it's quite late in the season- too late to really make in impact.

But I expect that even if your team makes it to the championship game but loses, you will ask that Lucia to be fired. As you could see it coming from a mile away. Or that if your goalie gives up a soft one to lose any game- shoulda expected it. Funny has heck.
                        LOL.

Sorry to burst your bubble. If I were seeking Lucia ouster I'd have done so long ago. And there's no shame in losing a post season, one-and-done tournament.

But it is cute that you're satisfied with a storied Michigan hockey program that can only be described as "coming together". Consider this your pat in the head.

Perhaps you should demand more of your program.

Comment

the end.

Comment

Working...
                          X