Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Playoff Time: #9 UConn @ #8 NU...Husky on Husky Crime

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    I thought uconn was a real pesky team and gave the NU offense trouble getting going all night. They have some real talented players and Huska is a good goalie. I think
    We sweep but not an easy series by any means.
    Yeah, we hate UConn as they always seem to have Lowell's number for some reason. We prefer to see the NU version of the husky next week unless somehow UNH, Maine, or Amherst pull out a miracle. Just don't want any part of UConn.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      Yeah, we hate UConn as they always seem to have Lowell's number for some reason. We prefer to see the NU version of the husky next week unless somehow UNH, Maine, or Amherst pull out a miracle. Just don't want any part of UConn.
      We'd love to see you guys. Great venue & atmosphere.
      Gotta get through this wknd (and quick) hopefully.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        We'd love to see you guys. Great venue & atmosphere.
        Gotta get through this wknd (and quick) hopefully.
        Watch out for UConn, especially Tage Thompson the Riverhawk Killer. Wouldn't be surprised if they win tonight and you go to a third game tomorrow.
        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Watch out for UConn, especially Tage Thompson the Riverhawk Killer. Wouldn't be surprised if they win tonight and you go to a third game tomorrow.
          I wouldnt be surprised either.. backs against the wall, 1 gm type W or go home scenario (from UConn viewpoint).. that's what playoff hockey is all about. Hope my team has fun.. let chips fall where they may. Go NU
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

NU is 4-3-2 against Lowell since 2013 which is definitely better than the record against BU or BC in that time. I think Lowell is the team to beat in this HE tournament but we seem to play Lowell pretty well, and I think it'd be a good series.

Even just looking at this year, both games were really exciting games with the home team getting the game stolen from them in the 3rd period. Getting ahead of myself, still work to do for NU.
            Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 03-04-2017, 11:55 AM.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              NU is 4-3-2 against Lowell since 2013 which is definitely better than the record against BU or BC in that time. I think Lowell is the team to beat in this HE tournament but we seem to play Lowell pretty well, and I think it'd be a good series.

Even just looking at this year, both games were really exciting games with the home team getting the game stolen from them in the 3rd period. Getting ahead of myself, still work to do for NU.
              Games were fun this year. Plus Lowell won't have played two games the night/day before if they take on NU next week which was the difference in last year's title game.
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
              X