Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dean Lombardi of LA Kings Rips Jack Johnson and Univ. of Michigan

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    As a young lady I know found out the hard way, don't say bad stuff about Michigan to the press. They'll find out about it.
    Ah yes. Who can forget Molly McGannon?:

http://michiganhockey.net/?p=119

Comment

While I'll be the first (or rather, another) one to say I don't care for Michigan's fans, let me also be the first (or rather, another) to say I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Berenson and the hockey program at UMich. If college hockey is played for another 200 years, Coach Berenson and the last quarter century of Michigan teams/players will go down as some of the very best in college hockey history.
      "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Lombardi knows he screwed up, but has not gone far enough yet to apologize....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...5491100.column

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

From those quotes he appears to keep digging that hole deeper. I guess Berenson will have to quit telling his d-men to "go..go..go" if they want to play for the Kings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
            While I'll be the first (or rather, another) one to say I don't care for Michigan's fans, let me also be the first (or rather, another) to say I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Berenson and the hockey program at UMich. If college hockey is played for another 200 years, Coach Berenson and the last quarter century of Michigan teams/players will go down as some of the very best in college hockey history.
            The (dis)respect for (elitist) ND fans is mutual, as much as the respect for Jackson is as you have described for Berenson.

Comment

He knows he screwed up only in so far as disparaging his own player. Lombardi had no option but to go on record as being fully supportive of his player, or continue to face questions about this incident and his future plans for Johnson.

An apology to Berenson or the Michigan program aren't exactly a priority for him to save face in LA, and frankly would be disingenuous at this point anyway. He would be apologizing simply for the fact that he believed his comments to be off the record.

Comment

I have never been a fan of Red or UM (why would I be??), but if I were him I would challenge LA to a game. Red has done more for hockey than that twit. The Kings couldn't even win with The Great One on the team.
                If Johnson isn't playing the way you want, bench or trade him. All you just did was tick him off and lower his trade value.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                  I have never been a fan of Red or UM (why would I be??), but if I were him I would challenge LA to a game. Red has done more for hockey than that twit. The Kings couldn't even win with The Great One on the team.
                  If Johnson isn't playing the way you want, bench or trade him. All you just did was tick him off and lower his trade value.
                  Real smart. Dont' ya think?
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I don't know how this clown can even say something like that. It's not like his team has made the playoffs almost 20 years in a row.
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Ah yes. Who can forget Molly McGannon?:

http://michiganhockey.net/?p=119

Where is Molly these days? My director friend wanted to do a feature-length about her life but Angelina Jolie was all tied up so he settled for some second-rate thing about Darwin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance View Post
                        Where is Molly these days? My director friend wanted to do a feature-length about her life but Angelina Jolie was all tied up so he settled for some second-rate thing about Darwin.
                        She is in Colorado now.

http://www.mollymcgannonphotography....p?v=v1#/info4/
                        Last edited by Puck Swami; 01-25-2010, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Swami. I just enjoyed an hour of Molly Tunes. Does she offer a group rate for hockey teams?

Among names that will live forever in Michigan sports legendry are "Yost", "Harmon", "Evashevski", "Shembechler", "Losh", "Heyliger", "Berenson" and "Molly".

Comment

Working...
                          X