• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Save percentage is probably the best stat for a goalie
    It should probably have just gone to Oettinger, imo. He was consistently the best of the three. I wonder if Woll got a bump from his World Juniors performance.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Save percentage is probably the best stat for a goalie

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Gamby becomes only the second player to win back-to-back Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Awards. Well deserved.

Looking at the All-Rookie Team, I can make a pretty **** good argument that Wall should be on that team (along with Oettinger), instead of BC's Woll. More wins in league play for Tyler (13 to 11), better GAA (2.29 to 2.43), and he's 7th the league in save % (90.9%) to Woll's 5th (91.6%).

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    A lot of this is just done by points, and there were three guys that had more points than him at his position. I'm disappointed for him, but it's not a surprise.
    Yeah, I understand that part but if you're just going to go off of points, call it the Top Scoring Rookie Team. He and Hausinger are the first two over the boards for every PK.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    As I was corrected a week or so ago, Gamby wasn't named to the Finalists list for the Hobey.
    That's ok. Let's focus on the team trophies coming up.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Chance for you guys to be in 5th straight title game...unreal.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

As I was corrected a week or so ago, Gamby wasn't named to the Finalists list for the Hobey.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

On the importance of both blue lines heading into semifinals:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-gilbert-gross

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
    Very interesting article. Cuts right to the heart of Bazin's success at UML. Not only does Norm have a solid plan re: realistic recruiting and game planning to his team strength's - most importantly is he gets the buy-in from his players.
    Psychology is so important.

Yesterday the local radio was interviewing some guy who talked about killing good penalties (breaking up a scoring play) versus killing bad/selfish penalties and how one is easier/harder than the other.

Getting 20+ guys to buy into a style is important

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    Ryan Lohin not being on the All Rookie Team is a joke.
    A lot of this is just done by points, and there were three guys that had more points than him at his position. I'm disappointed for him, but it's not a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Gambardella robed of best defensive forward. Just scored too much
    Ryan Lohin not being on the All Rookie Team is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Gambardella robed of best defensive forward. Just scored too much

Leave a comment:

• BostonSoccerDad
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Some interesting and complimentary comments from Jeff Jackson and David Quinn as well as some insight into Bazin's system:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-lowell-system
    Very interesting article. Cuts right to the heart of Bazin's success at UML. Not only does Norm have a solid plan re: realistic recruiting and game planning to his team strength's - most importantly is he gets the buy-in from his players.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by SteveD14 View Post
    My bad. I will go listen to the audio of that. He said almost the exact same thing after the game on Feb 10th.
    Agreed. You could tell that even though it sounded complementary on the surface, he was really annoyed. Well sorry. When you corner the market on recruits who are NHL draft picks that don't gel together, nor develop fully as a team, don't complain about other teams doing what they need to do because you pick the cupboard bare. Maybe Quinn should drop trying to recruit the NHL draft all star team each year and blend the team with a mixture of some NHL picks and other guys. Maybe he'd have better success.

I'm all in favor of the Lowell approach which is a blend of only a few picks and then guys that fit the style of play, working hard and staying mostly four years. There's not any rebuilding, just reloading and it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• SteveD14
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    They are not from his presser after the game. They are from his Hockey East teleconference appearance on March 14th (today).
    My bad. I will go listen to the audio of that. He said almost the exact same thing after the game on Feb 10th.
    Last edited by SteveD14; 03-14-2017, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X