X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riverchief1
    replied
    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Any Lowell fans who don't have tickets yet for today can still grab the few remaining in Lowell's designated sections in Loge 2-3 and Balcony 302 (obviously one can sit anywhere but those are the Lowell sections in case anyone was wondering). Either online (with fees) or if you go to the Garden box office, just see if there are any left there and you can also avoid the fees in person.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Zink got absolutely robbed.
    Agreed. Zink should've been first team and CJ got screwed too I think.

But again, they'll show them this weekend as Saturday's trophy is all that matters.

I'm also looking forward to more Jackson and Quinn back-handed complements on Lowell's older players that we've been subjected to the last few days in various interviews and semi previews (on top of Quinn's whining a few weeks ago).
    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-16-2017, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    At tonight's Hockey East awards, Coach Bazin was named coach of the year for the third time in six years. Gamby, Zink, and Kapla were named second team all stars (CJ was honorable mention). Gamby was also a finalist for player of the year but lost out to NU's Aston-Reese.
    Zink got absolutely robbed.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

CHN article: Bazin Just May be the Best

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

At tonight's Hockey East awards, Coach Bazin was named coach of the year for the third time in six years. Gamby, Zink, and Kapla were named second team all stars (CJ was honorable mention). Gamby was also a finalist for player of the year but lost out to NU's Aston-Reese.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Congratulations to former River Hawk Kim Brandvold and the Central Catholic ice hockey team for advancing to the Super 8 final. The Raiders will play Arlington for the championship on Sunday at the TD Garden.

http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/h...61c00d672.html

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied
    Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Loge 2 appears to be one of the main Lowell sections for tomorrow and Saturday. That's where we sat last year when we lost to NU in the final.
    Yeah, loge 2 and 3 along with 302 in the balcony are the Lowell sections. Saw that this morning there were only 8 Lowell student packages left for sale for the $10 two day ticket with bus both days included. So expect a good amount of students tomorrow.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-16-2017, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Loge 2 appears to be one of the main Lowell sections for tomorrow and Saturday. That's where we sat last year when we lost to NU in the final.

Leave a comment:

• Fishhawk
    replied

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
    In order for us to get ahead of BU we need to win HE and BC has to beat BU on Friday. If we were to beat BU in the championship game on Saturday we would still be behind BU. With that said, another way to help avoid heading out west would be for PC to fall to a 4 seed. This would help as if we end up as a 2/3 seed we could still be in the same bracket as PC.[/url]
    I'll take a 4-1 Lowell win with the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period garbage time and a BC win 3-2 in 4 OT's please.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    I don't understand their pick of one dman, especially considering that dman is Andrew Peeke. Peeke finished the regular season with 4-9-13 (4-5-9 HE). Jeremy Davies for NU posted 8-15-23 (6-11-17 HE) and Goransson had 5-17-22 (1-8-9 HE). Why Davies didn't make it is mind numbing. I'd make an argument of Goransson over Peeke but if we're judging by league stat line alone it makes sense.
    I like Jeremy Davies, but Peeke really came on in second half. Peeke is a better 2-way defenseman than Davies who is more of an offensive defenseman. I also really like Kovacevic. A lot of good freshman d and g this year.

I'd take Lohin over a lot of freshman F in Hockey East because of what he does on the dot and away from the puck.

I'll make a prediction. The 3 best senior forwards in Hockey East for the 2019-20 season are Matt Filipe, Ryan Lohin and Josh Wilkins. A lot of (all) of BU's big guns will be gone.

Leave a comment:

• UML03
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Thanks for the chn site. The problem with Moy's blog is it just uses current pairwise. We know it will change. North Dakota falling to a 4 helps our cause as well if we stay a 2. I can't do anything but root for a conference title this weekend. The chips will fall where they may. Is there much chance for PC to fall to a 4? They seem to be pretty locked in to a 3. Any chance at all that the committee could place PC anywhere other than Providence. I was surprised to see Air Force at #9 in their projection.
    According the CHN Pairwise Probability matrix there is a 38% change that PC could fall to a 4 seed. In order for that to happen we want teams like Penn State, Ohio State and Cornell to win some games in their tourneys.

Really anything can still happen...BU could still finish as the last 1 seed and North Dakota could drop to a 4 and BU could go west as the 1 seed in Fargo and play North Dakota.

The Big 10 tourney starts tomorrow so things should start to become a bit more clear.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
    In order for us to get ahead of BU we need to win HE and BC has to beat BU on Friday. If we were to beat BU in the championship game on Saturday we would still be behind BU. With that said, another way to help avoid heading out west would be for PC to fall to a 4 seed. This would help as if we end up as a 2/3 seed we could still be in the same bracket as PC.

The CHN Bracket Post is much betters then Moy's. Check it out. http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...al-Weekend.php
    Thanks for the chn site. The problem with Moy's blog is it just uses current pairwise. We know it will change. North Dakota falling to a 4 helps our cause as well if we stay a 2. I can't do anything but root for a conference title this weekend. The chips will fall where they may. Is there much chance for PC to fall to a 4? They seem to be pretty locked in to a 3. Any chance at all that the committee could place PC anywhere other than Providence. I was surprised to see Air Force at #9 in their projection.

Leave a comment:

• UML03
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    I see Jayson Moy has us playing North Dakota in Fargo based on this weeks bracket blog. It appears that a move off of that #8 pairwise position would be helpful or let's get ahead of BU. Another H.E. Crown should take care of things.
    In order for us to get ahead of BU we need to win HE and BC has to beat BU on Friday. If we were to beat BU in the championship game on Saturday we would still be behind BU. With that said, another way to help avoid heading out west would be for PC to fall to a 4 seed. This would help as if we end up as a 2/3 seed we could still be in the same bracket as PC.

The CHN Bracket Post is much betters then Moy's. Check it out. http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...al-Weekend.php

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

I see Jayson Moy has us playing North Dakota in Fargo based on this weeks bracket blog. It appears that a move off of that #8 pairwise position would be helpful or let's get ahead of BU. Another H.E. Crown should take care of things.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Gamby becomes only the second player to win back-to-back Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Awards. Well deserved.

Looking at the All-Rookie Team, I can make a pretty **** good argument that Wall should be on that team (along with Oettinger), instead of BC's Woll. More wins in league play for Tyler (13 to 11), better GAA (2.29 to 2.43), and he's 7th the league in save % (90.9%) to Woll's 5th (91.6%).
    I wasn't surprised Wall didn't get on the rookie team. I was kinda perplexed that Woll did. I thought Lohin would be a no brainer. There are four points separating 2nd through 7th in frosh scoring. Lohin is tied for fifth in points, but tied for third in goals.

I don't understand their pick of one dman, especially considering that dman is Andrew Peeke. Peeke finished the regular season with 4-9-13 (4-5-9 HE). Jeremy Davies for NU posted 8-15-23 (6-11-17 HE) and Goransson had 5-17-22 (1-8-9 HE). Why Davies didn't make it is mind numbing. I'd make an argument of Goransson over Peeke but if we're judging by league stat line alone it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X