X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMLFan
    replied
    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Well, figured out a costly way but easy way to skip all these parking situation problems.

Just got a room at the Radisson. That will at least make things a lot easier for Saturday morning.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    With all of this parking/traffic hassle, maybe we would have been better off going to Fargo?
    Apparently there's massive construction going on outside of the Fargo arena too.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

I assume Manchester will also be holding concurrent Memorial Day and Independence Day parades?

Maybe a car show as well?

Leave a comment:

• tape
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Besides only a few would even be able to get tickets...
    Yeah there definitely wouldn't have been any "additional allotment".

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Besides only a few would even be able to get tickets...

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    With all of this parking/traffic hassle, maybe we would have been better off going to Fargo?
    Now let's not get ridiculous!!!

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
    Re: parking on Saturday - not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I am thinking of parking near the Skyzone. Seems to be just far enough away from the 1/2 marathon route and the arena (~1 mile walk). This would avoid having to deal with the Rte 293 exit ramps which can be hideous.
    It is supposed to be raining (just wanted to let you know - in 2015 it was MISERABLE and FREEZING COLD and I had to walk a couple of miles...of course, I was sick too so that didn't help).

Leave a comment:

• BostonSoccerDad
    replied

Re: parking on Saturday - not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I am thinking of parking near the Skyzone. Seems to be just far enough away from the 1/2 marathon route and the arena (~1 mile walk). This would avoid having to deal with the Rte 293 exit ramps which can be hideous.

Leave a comment:

• chiefs11
    replied
    Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Would be great to be a student again. UML student deal for Manchester regional is $40 and includes a ticket and round trip bus for both days. Good for Lowell!
    Great deals

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied
    Would be great to be a student again. UML student deal for Manchester regional is $40 and includes a ticket and round trip bus for both days. Good for Lowell!

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Serious thanks to all those that have told us a bit about Cornell. Having seen them once (ever), it's really appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Red Hockey
    replied

Cornell isn't even at full strength on defense. Three of their regular defenders are out (one of whom hasn't played a single game this year and another thanks to a certain Union player ).

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied
    Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post

BIG Green, having seen both UML and Cornell this season, do you have any thoughts on that match up for this coming weekend?

FYI, and Good Luck!

UML and Harvard were the two most offensively explosiveness teams we have seen. I believe Harvard has more overall depth top to bottom. The PP on these teams were lethal. UML works for the one-timer on the weakside, mostly off the right hand circle with a leftie shot. The finishes on thse one-timers were of NHL-caliber, bar-down and hard, our goalie had no chance. I do remember that UML was predominantly lefties and CJ Smith and Gambardella were outstanding. You guys can get up and down with speed and skill. Whereas Cornell has a really BIG team, kind of lumbering so they like to play down low on O and win board battles and scrums in front of the net. So we have two different styles of play...whichever team imposes their style will win. If I were a betting man and I picked Cornell losing to Harvard in the ECAC final, I would say UML takes this one 4-2, too much fire power, the same kind that Harvard gave Cornell fits to.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• BIG Green
    replied

Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post

BIG Green, having seen both UML and Cornell this season, do you have any thoughts on that match up for this coming weekend?

FYI, and Good Luck!

UML and Harvard were the two most offensively explosiveness teams we have seen. I believe Harvard has more overall depth top to bottom. The PP on these teams were lethal. UML works for the one-timer on the weakside, mostly off the right hand circle with a leftie shot. The finishes on thse one-timers were of NHL-caliber, bar-down and hard, our goalie had no chance. I do remember that UML was predominantly lefties and CJ Smith and Gambardella were outstanding. You guys can get up and down with speed and skill. Whereas Cornell has a really BIG team, kind of lumbering so they like to play down low on O and win board battles and scrums in front of the net. So we have two different styles of play...whichever team imposes their style will win. If I were a betting man and I picked Cornell losing to Harvard in the ECAC final, I would say UML takes this one 4-2, too much fire power, the same kind that Harvard gave Cornell fits to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X