Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    I was talking more about this specific game with Cornell. I don't understand how they can pick Cornell over UML in THIS game (well, I realize it's hockey and anyone can win one game). Regarding the "respect" thing, that's a different discussion. It's not "disrespect," but you have to understand that to become a "big-time" program in a historical perspective takes YEARS. Teams like Michigan (9 NCAA championships), North Dakota (8) and Denver (7) have excelled for over 60 years. You shouldn't feel insulted just because you're not looked upon in that light. It takes time to earn that reputation.
    Besides beating Union at Achilles Rink I'm not seeing impressive wins. Lost to Harvard twice, lost to Merrimack, a loss and a tie to Dartmouth. I know the Ivies play an abbreviated schedule, but their resume isn't very impressive. Than again I haven't watched them play this year so this 100 percent speculation and wish casting on my part.

Regarding the respect you're right UML has a long way to go until we enter that conversation. But it's also about who is winning now and who has a given track record of success. I'm trying to remember the last time Lowell lost an Round of 16 game they never have since Bazin has been there and Crowder got us the Regional Finals both times he went. i believe it was the 88 appearance by Coach Riley
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      I'm wondering if the City of Manchester would request the games be pushed back as I can imagine this is going to put quite a strain on the downtown Saturday morning.
      You're joking, right? The City of ManchVegas vs the mighty ESPN????? Who do you think will win that one? EVERYTHING is determined by advertising revenue.

Comment

Article on UMass Lowell Director of Hockey Ops Troy Thibodeau.

http://www.salemnews.com/sports/danv...source=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          I want to put this on a billboard in Amherst
          Would their reading comprehensive be good enough to understand it?

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            I want to put this on a billboard in Amherst
            What? And spoil all those lovely "flagship campus" banners they have hanging all over the place as you drive in? Talk about an inferiority complex if you actually have to advertise yourself as the "flagship campus."
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I think people are just going to have to really plan ahead, allow a lot of extra time to get in there, and just be patient. I'm thinking the garage nearest the arena will be full so parking might be more off the beaten path like further down the street by the ballpark. I'm already researching alternative, back road routes coming in an exit or two earlier to avoid the cluster that primary exit into downtown might be.
              http://verizonwirelessarena.com.ismm...arking-map.pdf
              What did you say?
              Who own the Chiefs?
              What did he say?
              Owns! Owns!

Comment

Was going to post this, thanks. Unfortunately a lot of that parking to the right of the area appears to be encircled by the marathon route and potentially will be inaccessible or somewhat full of marathon people. So just go with the flow and I'm sure there will be more detailed parking instructions later this week.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Was going to post this, thanks. Unfortunately a lot of that parking to the right of the area appears to be encircled by the marathon route and potentially will be inaccessible or somewhat full of marathon people. So just go with the flow and I'm sure there will be more detailed parking instructions later this week.
                  Yes the areas where I usually park are where the course is
                  What did you say?
                  Who own the Chiefs?
                  What did he say?
                  Owns! Owns!

Comment

Got an e-mail from Lowell. Apparently, they've already nearly sold out their allotment of tickets, and are trying to get more from the arena. So, if you haven't bought yours yet through the school, don't wait too much longer.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Tickets via UML appear to be gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        Got an e-mail from Lowell. Apparently, they've already nearly sold out their allotment of tickets, and are trying to get more from the arena. So, if you haven't bought yours yet through the school, don't wait too much longer.
                        Did they indicate when they might know about more tix? Or are we on our own now at box office?
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

They're trying to inquire with the arena if they can get more and will update on that status when there is an update to make.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            More the other way around, I think. Anyone can get into ZooMass. Lowell is a merger of Lowell Tech and Lowell State. Lowell Tech was an excellent school...I'm a musician who plays professional gigs and TONS of my colleagues have degrees from Lowell.
                            Thanks for the shout out to Lowell Tech

Comment

Does anybody know which end of the Ice Lowell will be shooting at twice. I'm looking at end zone seats right now, which I actually like, but want to be on their offensive zone end. Seating section numbers would be helpful. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                                Does anybody know which end of the Ice Lowell will be shooting at twice. I'm looking at end zone seats right now, which I actually like, but want to be on their offensive zone end. Seating section numbers would be helpful. Thanks.
                                Don't bet on this but try to find a Manchester ECHL seating chart and it will probably tell you what end they shoot at twice.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X