Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    And it is really cool to read all the stuff showing the team respect from other teams. As someone who lived thru yrs of not having that- this is really, really surreal. Kind of like when people started to take the Red Sox or Pats seriously (you older people will understand this)
    Yup. And now people are starting to use the 'd' word for the program. I never thought we'd win HEA regular season, but to have people use that word for our program. Mind. Blown. (happily)
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      The words Selection Show cause me to have palpitations. Glad this one we only need to find out where we are going. Remembering the angst of being with the team years ago when we should have been chosen and were bypassed. THinking about the dead silence as the final teams were announced and we weren't in still makes me cringe. After the outcry from that debacle was when they started the more objective parameters.

And it is really cool to read all the stuff showing the team respect from other teams. As someone who lived thru yrs of not having that- this is really, really surreal. Kind of like when people started to take the Red Sox or Pats seriously (you older people will understand this)
      i'm happy for you! very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        i'm happy for you! very cool.
        No number 1 in Manchester or providence for RiverHawks ***

Comment

I must have missed this.

@RiverHawkNation 59m59 minutes ago
          Join @RiverHawkHockey at Tavern in the Square Lowell at 11:30 for the NCAA Selection Show. Autographs with the team and more! #UnitedinBlue

Comment

Home game in Manchester next weekend. Nice!
            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

We play Cornell at Noon on Saturday in Manchester. Minnesota and Notre Dame play the second game.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                We play Cornell at Noon on Saturday in Manchester. Minnesota and Notre Dame play the second game.
                Weird. Figured the 1 seed would get the early game. Did they say which espn I'll have to get a bar to put on during match madness?
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  I can't wait. Games are real early this year. Anybody hear about Sunday game time?

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                    Weird. Figured the 1 seed would get the early game. Did they say which espn I'll have to get a bar to put on during match madness?
                    ESPN3. No respect.

Comment

Friend just warned me that there's a half marathon Saturday morning starting at 10 in Manchester, which might affect traffic. Just a warning.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                        I can't wait. Games are real early this year. Anybody hear about Sunday game time?
                        3:30 pm Sunday.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...hockey-bracket

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Friend just warned me that there's a half marathon Saturday morning starting at 10 in Manchester, which might affect traffic. Just a warning.
                          its right next to the ****ing arena
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                            ESPN3. No respect.
                            But it means I get to watch on my couch.
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I'm happy with the Manchester bracket. "Home game", previous trip in 2013. I certainly am going to respect Cornell. Good ECAC teams have given us real problems in the Bazin Era. I also like playing the earlier game. If we advance, it gives us extra rest.

Comment

Photo gallery from last night.
                                http://www.goriverhawks.com/galleries/?gallery=1678

Comment

Working...
                                X