2. Minn-Duluth v. 15. Ohio State
      6. Western Michigan v. 9. Penn State

East, Providence, RI
      3. Harvard v. 14. Providence
      7. BU v. 11. Cornell

Northeast - Manchester, NH
      4. Minnesota v. 13. Notre Dame
      5. Lowell v. 12. Air Force
      My bracket is similar with one major exception, the Harvard and BU games are in Manchester.

Why Harvard/Providence in Manchester should happen: Harvard is a #1 seed and for holding that distinction, they should get to choose which regional they want since the school is roughly equidistant between downtown Manchester and downtown Providence. Knowing they got the Friars, I would choose to play that game in Manchester. Providence simply caught some good fortune but a non-host #4 should not be placed in a regional that by chance is in the same city.

Why Harvard/Providence in Manchester won't happen: $ $ $ N C A A $ $ $
      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Does anyone know what is wrong with Evan Campbell? Poor kid misses every Garden trip due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          Does anyone know what is wrong with Evan Campbell? Poor kid misses every Garden trip due to injury.
          Not hurt from what I understand. I think it may be related to the major/game misconduct he took in the first period of the second UNH quarterfinal game they went on to win. Bazin maybe was making statement by sitting him for the third quarterfinal game and then they go on to win 8-2 and then dismantle Notre Dame. He might just be odd man out right now with the way things are clicking with who's out on the ice.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            You can't stay at lowell forever can you? Bazin's phone should be ringing off the hook. NHL, bigger college programs...
            If the NHL calls, I could see him leaving. What "bigger" college programs do you have in mind? You know he's a Lowell alum right?

Comment

If the NHL calls, I could see him leaving. What "bigger" college programs do you have in mind? You know he's a Lowell alum right?
              Heard the same thing years ago about Parker and York, NHL, etc. and it's to be expected when someone stands out in the coaching ranks. They didn't go anywhere and both alums, same as Bazin at Lowell. So hopefully he'll hang around for awhile as he has Lowell roots and has built something pretty special in the past six years. Maybe he'll be content being the Parker or York of Lowell for years to come. Nothing wrong with that.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                Heard the same thing years ago about Parker and York, NHL, etc. and it's to be expected when someone stands out in the coaching ranks. They didn't go anywhere and both alums, same as Bazin at Lowell. So hopefully he'll hang around for awhile as he has Lowell roots and has built something pretty special in the past six years. Maybe he'll be content being the Parker or York of Lowell for years to come. Nothing wrong with that.
                That's what I'm thinking. Heck, even Umile had a good run for awhile right? He stayed. What does UNH have over Lowell?

I will say though that with Hakstol making the jump, and more NCAA players going to the NHL, I think NCAA coaches will be taken more seriously. Hard to compete with that opportunity if that's truly what Norm wants.

Norm made, $368,860 last year. They are filling the Tsongas. I'd like to know the number of schools that pay more.
                http://www.masslive.com/politics/ind...loyee_s_1.html

Edit: Apparently looking at the link I shared, Michelletto made more. Did that include his buyout?? I still think Norm's compensation is on the upper end of D-1 salaries.
                Last edited by Middle Street; 03-19-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. Heck, even Umile had a good run for awhile right? He stayed. What does UNH have over Lowell?

I will say though that with Hakstol making the jump, and more NCAA players going to the NHL, I think NCAA coaches will be taken more seriously. Hard to compete with that opportunity if that's truly what Norm wants.

Norm made, $368,860 last year. They are filling the Tsongas. I'd like to know the number of schools that pay more.
                  http://www.masslive.com/politics/ind...loyee_s_1.html
                  more to the point is he's been through hell... if he wants to savor every moment with his kids and family he's better off sticking at the college level. Of course there will always be that "what if"... I suppose it depends on what his life outlook is... I'd like to think with the head injury and the nature of the firing patterns of pro-coaches he'll stay where he is. I mean, because what, he coaches big time for a couple of years then gets fired? So, what, becomes somebody's scout? I don't imagine that's what he'd want.

edit: what about walsh? I understand his life was cut short by the cancer but he never left maine... was there any serious overtures there?
                  Last edited by Patman; 03-19-2017, 01:29 AM.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

edit: what about walsh? I understand his life was cut short by the cancer but he never left maine... was there any serious overtures there?
                    Walsh was courted several times, especially when he had to sit out for the NCAA violations. Bazin might be better than Walsh.

Someone is gong to wave some money at him, enough money to set him and his family up for life
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      Yes i do. No school in particular but guys have left their alma mater before.

Comment

Congrats UML!This could be the year!

Bazin is a terrific coach but I was shocked to see he made almost $369,000 last year. Puts Umile's measly $248,000 to shame!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

a little late to the party but congrats for a well deserved 3rd HE title in 5 years, great program you guys have there, HE is very proud of you i am sure. We gave you all we had and came up a little short. Now take the next step and bring home the big one. As a dad of a UML alum, i will be rooting for you ( i would be anyway) just wish my daughter was a sports fan! Best of luck in the NCAA's

Comment

Way to go River Hawks! Well done! Even with the 2 goal lead, that final period and a half were certainly nail biting. The speed, skills, and outright flashes of brilliance by the Eagles had me on the edge of my seat. Pulling Woll with 3 mins left and then scoring to make it a 1 goal game within seconds... WHOA!... I should go back and check my heart rate at that time on the Fitbit. Especially when the Eagles hit the cross bar with 10 seconds or so left in the game. Geez.

Got to hand it to our guys. Killing off a 5v3 was one of the key highlights. That was a tremendous team effort! Almost forgotten about when BC scored the SHG soon after - but that 5v3 epitomized the UML team effort and why I am proud to cheer them on.

Best of luck in the Regionals - wherever you end up. We all know it will be tough against any of the opponents... unless they are wearing shiny gold helmets.
                            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Absolutely worthy of a *****-slap, I'd say. That's the most egregious mishandling of a name I've ever heard.
                              And they apologized profusely on Sat night's broadcast.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

The words Selection Show cause me to have palpitations. Glad this one we only need to find out where we are going. Remembering the angst of being with the team years ago when we should have been chosen and were bypassed. THinking about the dead silence as the final teams were announced and we weren't in still makes me cringe. After the outcry from that debacle was when they started the more objective parameters.

And it is really cool to read all the stuff showing the team respect from other teams. As someone who lived thru yrs of not having that- this is really, really surreal. Kind of like when people started to take the Red Sox or Pats seriously (you older people will understand this)

Comment

Working...
                                X