Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    With yesterday's win Lowell reached .500 in Division 1 for the first time since being 7-7 on 11/30/84.
    Lowell is 588-580-109 all-time in Division 1.

The win over Dartmouth on New Year's Eve pushed Lowell above .500 in D1 all-time. They briefly dropped below .500 again, then went back above .500 for good after beating Northeastern on February 3rd.
    Last edited by ScottK; 03-18-2017, 12:45 PM.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      Can't find postgame for Notre Dame coach but this quote from the postgame press conference sums it all up:

"As much as we’ve been proud to be a member of Hockey East, its never felt like we’ve belonged here. It’s a crazy thought, but it’s just the way it is. It’s certainly not by anyone’s actions or anything like that. You just don’t feel like you necessarily belong."

Gee, ya think?
      Strange, I was reminding them of that all game.
      With yesterday's win Lowell reached .500 in Division 1 for the first time since being 7-7 on 11/30/84.
      Now that's an amazing stat.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Now that's an amazing stat.
        An incorrect one too.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          Lowell is 588-580-109 all-time in Division 1.

The win over Dartmouth on New Year's Eve pushed Lowell above .500 in D1 all-time. They briefly dropped below .500 again, then went back above .500 for good after beating Northeastern on February 3rd.
          Well, I was only working off the "team history" page from USCHO's Lowell page which has them at .500 today. Why are they wrong?

Comment

Well, I was only working off the "team history" page from USCHO's Lowell page which has them at .500 today. Why are they wrong?
            Don't know why, but they have a lot of things incorrect. Bob Ellis and I have been tracking this all season and it's been in the game notes every single week this year.

Comment

Don't know why, but they have a lot of things incorrect. Bob Ellis and I have been tracking this all season and it's been in the game notes every single week this year.
              The uscho page has 03-04 season at 10-23-7. Lowell record book for that year has it at 15-18-7, but mentions that 5 games were forfeited. Something is amiss.
              Let's hope we have finally turned that corner this year and never turn back

Comment

From a friend that wishes to remain anonymous:

"St. Patrick chased all of the snakes out of Ireland… and UMass-Lowell chased the snakes out of Hockey East…."
                In all my years of watching Hockey East I've never seen all fans united like they've been for the "GTFO Notre Dame" cause. It's glorious.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

The uscho page has 03-04 season at 10-23-7. Lowell record book for that year has it at 15-18-7, but mentions that 5 games were forfeited. Something is amiss.
                  Let's hope we have finally turned that corner this year and never turn back
                  probably more than just that... IMO, forfeits are losses but i know colleges like to get cheeky about such things
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                    In all my years of watching Hockey East I've never seen all fans united like they've been for the "GTFO Notre Dame" cause. It's glorious.
                    It was great to see. Unfortunately we still have to tolerate Fake Hockey East representing the league in ncaas.
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

If any reads this. is going to the Garden, and can sneak up to the 9th floor, please *****-slap Alex Faust of NESN. He kept calling Nick Marin as Nick Martin and Jaffe never corrected him.

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                        If any reads this. is going to the Garden, and can sneak up to the 9th floor, please *****-slap Alex Faust of NESN. He kept calling Nick Marin as Nick Martin and Jaffe never corrected him.
                        He also called Lohin "Logan" a few times. He was atrocious.
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          It was great to see. Unfortunately we still have to tolerate Fake Hockey East representing the league in ncaas.
                          not for long....

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            He also called Lohin "Logan" a few times. He was atrocious.
                            Not to make excuses (because I believe that regardless of the pay, you do the best job you can - that's how you get promoted to a better one), but several friends in the media have told me that it's well-known that NESN doesn't pay much for salaries. That's why there is such a huge turnover. It's kind of a "proving ground" for "talent" that has higher aspirations (look at Heidi Watney, Kathryn Tappan and many others - they didn't stay there long).

Comment

What is the best estimate of number of "embellishment" calls UML is called for?

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                                Absolutely worthy of a *****-slap, I'd say. That's the most egregious mishandling of a name I've ever heard.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X