2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Gamby becomes only the second player to win back-to-back Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Awards. Well deserved.

Looking at the All-Rookie Team, I can make a pretty **** good argument that Wall should be on that team (along with Oettinger), instead of BC's Woll. More wins in league play for Tyler (13 to 11), better GAA (2.29 to 2.43), and he's 7th the league in save % (90.9%) to Woll's 5th (91.6%).
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Save percentage is probably the best stat for a goalie

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Save percentage is probably the best stat for a goalie
        It should probably have just gone to Oettinger, imo. He was consistently the best of the three. I wonder if Woll got a bump from his World Juniors performance.
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Gamby becomes only the second player to win back-to-back Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Awards. Well deserved.

Looking at the All-Rookie Team, I can make a pretty **** good argument that Wall should be on that team (along with Oettinger), instead of BC's Woll. More wins in league play for Tyler (13 to 11), better GAA (2.29 to 2.43), and he's 7th the league in save % (90.9%) to Woll's 5th (91.6%).
          I wasn't surprised Wall didn't get on the rookie team. I was kinda perplexed that Woll did. I thought Lohin would be a no brainer. There are four points separating 2nd through 7th in frosh scoring. Lohin is tied for fifth in points, but tied for third in goals.

I don't understand their pick of one dman, especially considering that dman is Andrew Peeke. Peeke finished the regular season with 4-9-13 (4-5-9 HE). Jeremy Davies for NU posted 8-15-23 (6-11-17 HE) and Goransson had 5-17-22 (1-8-9 HE). Why Davies didn't make it is mind numbing. I'd make an argument of Goransson over Peeke but if we're judging by league stat line alone it makes sense.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

I see Jayson Moy has us playing North Dakota in Fargo based on this weeks bracket blog. It appears that a move off of that #8 pairwise position would be helpful or let's get ahead of BU. Another H.E. Crown should take care of things.

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
              I see Jayson Moy has us playing North Dakota in Fargo based on this weeks bracket blog. It appears that a move off of that #8 pairwise position would be helpful or let's get ahead of BU. Another H.E. Crown should take care of things.
              In order for us to get ahead of BU we need to win HE and BC has to beat BU on Friday. If we were to beat BU in the championship game on Saturday we would still be behind BU. With that said, another way to help avoid heading out west would be for PC to fall to a 4 seed. This would help as if we end up as a 2/3 seed we could still be in the same bracket as PC.

The CHN Bracket Post is much betters then Moy's. Check it out. http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...al-Weekend.php

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
                In order for us to get ahead of BU we need to win HE and BC has to beat BU on Friday. If we were to beat BU in the championship game on Saturday we would still be behind BU. With that said, another way to help avoid heading out west would be for PC to fall to a 4 seed. This would help as if we end up as a 2/3 seed we could still be in the same bracket as PC.

The CHN Bracket Post is much betters then Moy's. Check it out. http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...al-Weekend.php
                Thanks for the chn site. The problem with Moy's blog is it just uses current pairwise. We know it will change. North Dakota falling to a 4 helps our cause as well if we stay a 2. I can't do anything but root for a conference title this weekend. The chips will fall where they may. Is there much chance for PC to fall to a 4? They seem to be pretty locked in to a 3. Any chance at all that the committee could place PC anywhere other than Providence. I was surprised to see Air Force at #9 in their projection.

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                  Thanks for the chn site. The problem with Moy's blog is it just uses current pairwise. We know it will change. North Dakota falling to a 4 helps our cause as well if we stay a 2. I can't do anything but root for a conference title this weekend. The chips will fall where they may. Is there much chance for PC to fall to a 4? They seem to be pretty locked in to a 3. Any chance at all that the committee could place PC anywhere other than Providence. I was surprised to see Air Force at #9 in their projection.
                  According the CHN Pairwise Probability matrix there is a 38% change that PC could fall to a 4 seed. In order for that to happen we want teams like Penn State, Ohio State and Cornell to win some games in their tourneys.

Really anything can still happen...BU could still finish as the last 1 seed and North Dakota could drop to a 4 and BU could go west as the 1 seed in Fargo and play North Dakota.

The Big 10 tourney starts tomorrow so things should start to become a bit more clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                    I don't understand their pick of one dman, especially considering that dman is Andrew Peeke. Peeke finished the regular season with 4-9-13 (4-5-9 HE). Jeremy Davies for NU posted 8-15-23 (6-11-17 HE) and Goransson had 5-17-22 (1-8-9 HE). Why Davies didn't make it is mind numbing. I'd make an argument of Goransson over Peeke but if we're judging by league stat line alone it makes sense.
                    I like Jeremy Davies, but Peeke really came on in second half. Peeke is a better 2-way defenseman than Davies who is more of an offensive defenseman. I also really like Kovacevic. A lot of good freshman d and g this year.

I'd take Lohin over a lot of freshman F in Hockey East because of what he does on the dot and away from the puck.

I'll make a prediction. The 3 best senior forwards in Hockey East for the 2019-20 season are Matt Filipe, Ryan Lohin and Josh Wilkins. A lot of (all) of BU's big guns will be gone.
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
                      In order for us to get ahead of BU we need to win HE and BC has to beat BU on Friday. If we were to beat BU in the championship game on Saturday we would still be behind BU. With that said, another way to help avoid heading out west would be for PC to fall to a 4 seed. This would help as if we end up as a 2/3 seed we could still be in the same bracket as PC.[/url]
                      I'll take a 4-1 Lowell win with the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period garbage time and a BC win 3-2 in 4 OT's please.

Comment

Loge 2 appears to be one of the main Lowell sections for tomorrow and Saturday. That's where we sat last year when we lost to NU in the final.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Loge 2 appears to be one of the main Lowell sections for tomorrow and Saturday. That's where we sat last year when we lost to NU in the final.
                          Yeah, loge 2 and 3 along with 302 in the balcony are the Lowell sections. Saw that this morning there were only 8 Lowell student packages left for sale for the $10 two day ticket with bus both days included. So expect a good amount of students tomorrow.
                          Last edited by riverchief1; 03-16-2017, 08:46 PM.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Congratulations to former River Hawk Kim Brandvold and the Central Catholic ice hockey team for advancing to the Super 8 final. The Raiders will play Arlington for the championship on Sunday at the TD Garden.

http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/h...61c00d672.html

Comment

At tonight's Hockey East awards, Coach Bazin was named coach of the year for the third time in six years. Gamby, Zink, and Kapla were named second team all stars (CJ was honorable mention). Gamby was also a finalist for player of the year but lost out to NU's Aston-Reese.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

CHN article: Bazin Just May be the Best

Comment

Working...
                                X