Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Some interesting and complimentary comments from Jeff Jackson and David Quinn as well as some insight into Bazin's system:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-lowell-system
    Interesting piece. Hopefully Lowell will be 9-2-2 against Fake Hockey East after Friday's semi-final, completing their dominance of them. And along with BU, keep them from any Hockey East titles as they go back to where they came from when the season's over. Then just root for whoever plays them in NCAAs if they make it.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

The quotes from Quinn are from his post-game presser after UML beat BU at the Tsongas on Feb 10th. While they seem complimentary in text his tone and body language seemed far from that to me watching it. IMO it seemed more like he was complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveD14 View Post
        The quotes from Quinn are from his post-game presser after UML beat BU at the Tsongas on Feb 10th. While they seem complimentary in text his tone and body language seemed far from that to me watching it. IMO it seemed more like he was complaining.
        They are not from his presser after the game. They are from his Hockey East teleconference appearance on March 14th (today).
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

They are not from his presser after the game. They are from his Hockey East teleconference appearance on March 14th (today).
          My bad. I will go listen to the audio of that. He said almost the exact same thing after the game on Feb 10th.
          Last edited by SteveD14; 03-14-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveD14 View Post
            My bad. I will go listen to the audio of that. He said almost the exact same thing after the game on Feb 10th.
            Agreed. You could tell that even though it sounded complementary on the surface, he was really annoyed. Well sorry. When you corner the market on recruits who are NHL draft picks that don't gel together, nor develop fully as a team, don't complain about other teams doing what they need to do because you pick the cupboard bare. Maybe Quinn should drop trying to recruit the NHL draft all star team each year and blend the team with a mixture of some NHL picks and other guys. Maybe he'd have better success.

I'm all in favor of the Lowell approach which is a blend of only a few picks and then guys that fit the style of play, working hard and staying mostly four years. There's not any rebuilding, just reloading and it works fine.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Some interesting and complimentary comments from Jeff Jackson and David Quinn as well as some insight into Bazin's system:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-lowell-system
              Very interesting article. Cuts right to the heart of Bazin's success at UML. Not only does Norm have a solid plan re: realistic recruiting and game planning to his team strength's - most importantly is he gets the buy-in from his players.
              University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Gambardella robed of best defensive forward. Just scored too much
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  Gambardella robed of best defensive forward. Just scored too much
                  Ryan Lohin not being on the All Rookie Team is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    Ryan Lohin not being on the All Rookie Team is a joke.
                    A lot of this is just done by points, and there were three guys that had more points than him at his position. I'm disappointed for him, but it's not a surprise.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                      Very interesting article. Cuts right to the heart of Bazin's success at UML. Not only does Norm have a solid plan re: realistic recruiting and game planning to his team strength's - most importantly is he gets the buy-in from his players.
                      Psychology is so important.

Yesterday the local radio was interviewing some guy who talked about killing good penalties (breaking up a scoring play) versus killing bad/selfish penalties and how one is easier/harder than the other.

Getting 20+ guys to buy into a style is important
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

On the importance of both blue lines heading into semifinals:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-gilbert-gross
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

As I was corrected a week or so ago, Gamby wasn't named to the Finalists list for the Hobey.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Chance for you guys to be in 5th straight title game...unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              As I was corrected a week or so ago, Gamby wasn't named to the Finalists list for the Hobey.
                              That's ok. Let's focus on the team trophies coming up.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                A lot of this is just done by points, and there were three guys that had more points than him at his position. I'm disappointed for him, but it's not a surprise.
                                Yeah, I understand that part but if you're just going to go off of points, call it the Top Scoring Rookie Team. He and Hausinger are the first two over the boards for every PK.

Comment

Working...
                                X