Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'll rather wait 'til after the elimination on Saturday night, but I'm only interested if Coach Bazin signs it.

Haven't been to Tsongas since the heyday of Stevie Moses. Anything new in the neighborhood to look for?

... I mean, other than the stabbings and dead bodies my pal Lanny warned me about back in the day ...
    Chuck, the free street parking is now mostly gone. Quite a few of us head to the Lowell Beer Works early, that way we get street parking ($5 on game day), and get a couple drinks and some food. Still best solution in my opinion, and it's about two blocks to the stadium walking.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Chuck, the free street parking is now mostly gone. Quite a few of us head to the Lowell Beer Works early, that way we get street parking ($5 on game day), and get a couple drinks and some food. Still best solution in my opinion, and it's about two blocks to the stadium walking.
      To add on to this, the student lots were left with the gate up during Spring break when I was there. If you really want to save $ on parking I would expect 1-2 of the lots on East campus will be open. That would add a couple blocks of walking though
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Their schedule shows that they are indeed broadcasting just one - 7pm next Friday.
        NESN will broadcast the NU-BU game on Saturday night.

Photo gallery of the team with the regular season trophy.
        Last edited by boblav1; 03-06-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Just got an email from the Tsongas Center noting that Tsongas Center Cyber Club members can get 20% off tickets for this weekend via this link HERE. To become a Cyber Club member, head HERE.

And for any alumni who need tickets or additional tickets, that deal is still available through 5:00pm Thursday HERE. By the looks of the online registrants, it's proving pretty popular at $17 a ticket for each night and receptions too (the above 20% off Cyber Club rate gets you a ticket for $18 with no reception and before "convenience" fees are added) so the alumni deal is a good take.

For Friday night, there's also a stadium cup giveaway for the first 1,000 students.

On Saturday, "the festivities will start much sooner as we invite you to join us in the Tsongas Center lobby for a pre-game Fan Fest. There will be face painting, a live Magician, prizes, games and more! Fan fest is open to the public and will run from 4-6pm leading into doors opening."

I guess there's also HE Regular Season Championship shirts on sale at the University Crossing bookstore too.
          Last edited by riverchief1; 03-06-2017, 04:08 PM.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Did they ever say anything about selling glassware sets for the 50th anniversary?
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              Did they ever say anything about selling glassware sets for the 50th anniversary?
              No. Those were only for the pre-game giveaways unfortunately. Haven't heard anything about any for sale.
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Here's a parking trick for those who arrive early. The garage by the Tsongas usually starts charging the event rate at 5:00 with gates up and cash only. Anytime before 5:00, gates are down and you punch the button to get a ticket that you would then upon return, self pay at the kiosk and then as you exit in your vehicle, insert in the machine and the gate rises.

Here's the trick. If you arrive early before 5:00, pass by the garage and if the gates are down, take the ticket and park. When you come back after the game, the gates are up and you just drive out as if you paid the event rate after 5:00. Voila...free parking!
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

I like the way you think Riverchief.

The city has been charging a $5 event rate for metered parking for at least two seasons now and I've never been issued a ticket for not paying it. I received a warning once, and it was during that 6:00 pm start against Northeastern this year when I probably parked around 4:30pm. In hindsight not paying that time was foolish.

I don't think the meter enforcers work past 6pm, they just program the meters to charge more. Since the other meters in the city end at 6pm, its just a money grab.

There are always plenty of spaces on Father Morissette Blvd. If you're parking after 6pm you're probably fine to keep your $5, however take my advice at your own risk.
                  Last edited by Middle Street; 03-06-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    I like the way you think Riverchief.

The city has been charging a $5 event rate for metered parking for at least two seasons now and I've never been issued a ticket for not paying it. I received a warning once, and it was during that 6:00 pm start against Northeastern this year when I probably parked around 4:30pm. In hindsight not paying that time was foolish.

I don't think the meter enforcers work past 6pm, they just program the meters to charge more. Since the other meters in the city end at 6pm, its just a money grab.

There are always plenty of spaces on Father Morissette Blvd. If you're parking after 6pm you're probably fine to keep your $5, however take my advice at your own risk.
                    There are plenty of free parking spots in the City of Lowell Downtown area, but if you think I'm sharing my secrets I'd like to know what you are smoking...
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                      There are plenty of free parking spots in the City of Lowell Downtown area, but if you think I'm sharing my secrets I'd like to know what you are smoking...
                      Really parking get a grip

Comment

This is crazy talk, but a little piece of me hopes that UML wins the UNH series in 3 games instead of a sweep. If not they will have to win 11 straight for the HEAST championship and if they do that 13 straight to get to Chicago and then 15 straight for the national championship. Wishful thinking, cart before horse, one game at a time blah blah yeah I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                          This is crazy talk, but a little piece of me hopes that UML wins the UNH series in 3 games instead of a sweep. If not they will have to win 11 straight for the HEAST championship and if they do that 13 straight to get to Chicago and then 15 straight for the national championship. Wishful thinking, cart before horse, one game at a time blah blah yeah I know.
                          its happened before. This is on coach... if 1-4 seasons of drilling into their heads that the only game going is the one "tonight" doesn't work then we've got other problems... every team from here on out will have their knives out
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Christian Folin injured last night during the Sharks/Wild game. Expected to be out 3 weeks
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              its happened before. This is on coach... if 1-4 seasons of drilling into their heads that the only game going is the one "tonight" doesn't work then we've got other problems... every team from here on out will have their knives out
                              Talk smart game three anything can go down glad I don't coach wow

Comment

Article on CJ Smith:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...rterfinals-unh
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X