Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Love the bye, hate the bye. I'm starting to suffer withdrawal.
    No Hockey East games on NESN tonight and no free streaming from the schools (NU & UVM) that normally offer it as the league controls the playoff games. http://hockeyeastonline.tv/

Tonight's tv games:
    Minnesota vs. Michigan 6:30 pm ET (ESPN News)
    Denver vs. Omaha 8:30 pm ET (CBSSN)

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      No Hockey East games on NESN tonight and no free streaming from the schools (NU & UVM) that normally offer it as the league controls the playoff games. http://hockeyeastonline.tv/

Tonight's tv games:
      Yeah and expect whoever we play next week to bring their band too which is also annoying.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Tonight's tv games:
        For me I think it's a rip off. 60 bucks for up to "23" games. Well, I am not interested in the women's games and all others are at the same time. I can't focus on more than 1 at a time. Next week is probably the same with games starting at the same time. I'll probably just order single Lowell games next week at 10 bucks a pop

Comment

For me I think it's a rip off. 60 bucks for up to "23" games. Well, I am not interested in the women's games and all others are at the same time. I can't focus on more than 1 at a time. Next week is probably the same with games starting at the same time. I'll probably just order single Lowell games next week at 10 bucks a pop
          I believe NESN will broadcast at least one game next weekend.

Comment

I believe NESN will broadcast at least one game next weekend.
            Their schedule shows that they are indeed broadcasting just one - 7pm next Friday.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              He has Denver in Fargo.
              Interesting point made during last night's Denver-Omaha telecast. If today's current pairwise holds, Harvard will head to Fargo as the 1 seed, and 2 NCHC schools head east with the other going to Cincinnati. The basis for this was that if North Dakota gets in (now #13), they will probably be a 4 seed and have to be in Fargo. The NC$$ does not do 1st round conference matchups. If this happened, Harvard could not be too happy. Don't know if it helps Lowell to stay east or not. Lots of time left, but Denver, UMD and Harvard are looking solid as 1 seeds. WMU and Minnesota are flip flopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                Interesting point made during last night's Denver-Omaha telecast. If today's current pairwise holds, Harvard will head to Fargo as the 1 seed, and 2 NCHC schools head east with the other going to Cincinnati. The basis for this was that if North Dakota gets in (now #13), they will probably be a 4 seed and have to be in Fargo. The NC$$ does not do 1st round conference matchups. If this happened, Harvard could not be too happy. Don't know if it helps Lowell to stay east or not. Lots of time left, but Denver, UMD and Harvard are looking solid as 1 seeds. WMU and Minnesota are flip flopping.
                Would have to wait and see if St Cloud were to also make the tourney. If five teams from a conference make it they won't go out of their way to avoid the first round match up. Long way to go before those calls have to be made.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

If this happened, Harvard could not be too happy.
                  Nor will the 27 fans traveling out there with them!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Nor will the 27 fans traveling out there with them!
                    ha, ha.. think you have 3 too many fans there..
                    although i must say, they are playing some fantastic hockey. great to watch.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Hutton and Hellebuyck put on a show last night in the Jets/Blues game. 56 saves on 57 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        Hutton and Hellebuyck put on a show last night in the Jets/Blues game. 56 saves on 57 shots.
                        Just saw the highlights HERE. Two former Lowell goalie greats going head to head. Hutton made some amazing saves, only giving up one goal and Hellebuyck with the shut out.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          Would have to wait and see if St Cloud were to also make the tourney. If five teams from a conference make it they won't go out of their way to avoid the first round match up. Long way to go before those calls have to be made.
                          2 years ago NCHC had 6 teams and no first round matchups. Last year Hockey East had 6 without a 1st round match up. They don't like to do it. I don't know how often 3 schools from one conference are in the same seeding group so it might be unavoidable. I guess if LSSU gets in they could join North Dakota as a 4 then a first round match up would be unavoidable. This scenario is very unlikely as the AHC and WCHA winners take the other #4s

I'm just going to root for North Dakota to fall out or move up.

Comment

2 years ago NCHC had 6 teams and no first round matchups. Last year Hockey East had 6 without a 1st round match up. They don't like to do it. I don't know how often 3 schools from one conference are in the same seeding group so it might be unavoidable. I guess if LSSU gets in they could join North Dakota as a 4 then a first round match up would be unavoidable. This scenario is very unlikely as the AHC and WCHA winners take the other #4s

I'm rooting for whatever will keep Lowell in either Manchester or Providence.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

I meant to say St. CLOUD. not LSSU. Sorry

Comment

With spring break starting next Friday, there will most likely be far less students in attendance. Friday will probably be better than Saturday but I would imagine Lowell will have various deals and coupons floating around like in the past. Came across this alumni deal for both nights for $5 off each ticket and a reception before each game. Link is HERE.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X