X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riverchief1
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Lowell should win easily today but there's something about these conference rematches a week later...

I will be there and would like ND to actually put up a "fight" for once.
    I want no fight on Fake Hockey East's part today. But like many, I'm a little nervous but cautiously optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• BostonSoccerDad
    replied
    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    ...but there's something about these conference rematches a week later...
    This is exactly what is making some of us just a tad uneasy.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Lowell should win easily today but there's something about these conference rematches a week later...

I will be there and would like ND to actually put up a "fight" for once.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Sort of like the elbow the Lowell player laid out Matt Gaudreau with that went uncalled?
    Has any Lowell fan defended that hit or said it wasn't a penalty? Not that I've seen.

Should have been called but wasn't. Grow up.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    But you're very tolerant.
    I may never live this down
    Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Sort of like the elbow the Lowell player laid out Matt Gaudreau with that went uncalled?
    I don't know what you are referring to (really, not sarcasm) but any elbow to the head is not Ok. I don't care who does it, the player belongs in the box for a long time. Work in medicine and have a hubby who was on the advising committee for NCAA re: concussions. Have seen some scary stuff result from a seemingly minor hit (as in symptoms not resolving for months later). Anything that hits the head or that could cause coup contracoup injury isn't OK. Right now Hockey is their life but for most of them it will be done in a few yrs. Concussion has long term effects that are cumulative and scary (even if the NFL pretends it isn't so).
    Last edited by leswp1; 03-26-2017, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    ...elbows to the head seemed to be a specialty......

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Boston Globe game recap

Boston Herald game recap

Cornell Daily Sun game recap

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Ich bin ein River Hawk
    River Hawks uber Irish (I can't type an umlaut on my phone keyboard).

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    tough to keep beating the same team. mookie wishes you guys had the goofs tomorrow. really hope y'all win.
    Ich bin ein River Hawk

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Interference: Blindside hits. (Rule 59.1) A category of penalty in the interference rule will be added to separate a severe blindside hit from the contact to the head penalty. In these cases, a major penalty may be called for blindside contact when the head is not contacted.
    I dunno, it was late, but I'm not sure about blindside

Leave a comment:

• BIG Green
    replied

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
    I don't pay enough attention to the HE, but is there a team similar to Cornell (bigger, less speedy players with an emphasis on defense and trapping) in terms of playstyle? Probably not but I'm curious.

Also, I always find it strange that so many people consider Cornell a "dirty" team when there are actual dirty teams in the conference (like say Dartmouth). Neverending reputation I guess.
    I think you are barking up the wrong tree! Not once did I say that Cornell was a "dirty" team and for you to insinuate that Dartmouth is is 100% inaccurate as they field a much smaller team relying on speed through the neutral zone especially in transition. I think you are confusing big and physical with "dirty". FYI IMHO the hit on Smith was not as dirty or malicious as it was way late on a defenseless player.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

And it was a 5 minute major for interference? Crazy.
    Interference: Blindside hits. (Rule 59.1) A category of penalty in the interference rule will be added to separate a severe blindside hit from the contact to the head penalty. In these cases, a major penalty may be called for blindside contact when the head is not contacted.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

I never heard of that before. I thought it was a charge but after 35 + yrs I guess I am still learning
    But you're very tolerant.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Wait until tomorrow, there will be even more there. Don't forget parade that goes until 2pm and pregame starts at 1:30 so allow time and alternate routes to find parking. We know how much you love Manchester's traffic management during events.

Yes, Cornell was quite the bunch of dirtbags. Agreed that there were some just head-scratching moments when you couldn't understand why penalties weren't being called. Lots of extracurriculars taking place on the part of Cornell, often right in front of the refs. They finally had to call something after that hit to CJ with around 6 left in the third, totally uncalled for. And it was a 5 minute major for interference? Crazy.
    I never heard of that before. I thought it was a charge but after 35 + yrs I guess I am still learning

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Lottsa Blue there today.

What we saw was not clean play. cheap stabs after play, elbows to the head seemed to be a specialty in the corners. There were a few I really don't understand how the ref didn't call them. I get the intensity and the let them play thing but there were at least 2 really nasty hits from behind right in front of us. Our guy was facing us and the Cornel guy slammed him from behind complete with the head snap into the glass. Not OK. Wouldn't be OK if our guy did it either.

Watched just a little of the Goofs and the ugly gold hats. Both sides seemed like they were big, slow and no flow. Left before it got interesting. Got back in time to see the goal that wrecked the OT game I wanted to see.
    Wait until tomorrow, there will be even more there. Don't forget parade that goes until 2pm and pregame starts at 1:30 so allow time and alternate routes to find parking. We know how much you love Manchester's traffic management during events.

Yes, Cornell was quite the bunch of dirtbags. Agreed that there were some just head-scratching moments when you couldn't understand why penalties weren't being called. Lots of extracurriculars taking place on the part of Cornell, often right in front of the refs. They finally had to call something after that hit to CJ with around 6 left in the third, totally uncalled for. And it was a 5 minute major for interference? Crazy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X