X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riverchief1
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    boys gonna win today?!?!! let's do it!!!!

gf.

only a fool would go through marriage twice
    Gotta love Mookie.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

boys gonna win today?!?!! let's do it!!!!

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    He must have a second wife somewhere who is 'tolerant'
    gf.

only a fool would go through marriage twice

Leave a comment:

• BIG Green
    replied

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post

BIG Green, having seen both UML and Cornell this season, do you have any thoughts on that match up for this coming weekend?

FYI, and Good Luck!

UML and Harvard were the two most offensively explosiveness teams we have seen. I believe Harvard has more overall depth top to bottom. The PP on these teams were lethal. UML works for the one-timer on the weakside, mostly off the right hand circle with a leftie shot. The finishes on thse one-timers were of NHL-caliber, bar-down and hard, our goalie had no chance. I do remember that UML was predominantly lefties and CJ Smith and Gambardella were outstanding. You guys can get up and down with speed and skill. Whereas Cornell has a really BIG team, kind of lumbering so they like to play down low on O and win board battles and scrums in front of the net. So we have two different styles of play...whichever team imposes their style will win. If I were a betting man and I picked Cornell losing to Harvard in the ECAC final, I would say UML takes this one 4-2, too much fire power, the same kind that Harvard gave Cornell fits to.
    Ok I was off on my prediction but congrats on the big win. I did not like that hit on CJ Smith as it was way late and he was defenseless. Also reversal on the goal was bogus. That should not be reviewed as those line changes especially in the second period (long) happens every shift. Because it is such a long change you should use every bit of that meaning coming off on one end and getting in on the other. It just so happens that this led to a goal then a review. Good luck to today!

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    That was a nice article. It's not often that the behind the scenes folks that contribute to the success of a program get any press. There's a team on the ice and there's a team that makes it all work. The athletic trainer's job is as important to the success of the team as any other. Hats off to Artie for his longevity and his commitment to the program.

P.S. I have a feeling hubby will be hearing about his 'tolerant wife' for many years to come as well.
    It was nice. He works 7 days a week from Sept to after the season stops and most people have no idea he does.

Patman had it right. He must have a second wife somewhere who is 'tolerant'

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    That was a nice article. It's not often that the behind the scenes folks that contribute to the success of a program get any press. There's a team on the ice and there's a team that makes it all work. The athletic trainer's job is as important to the success of the team as any other. Hats off to Artie for his longevity and his commitment to the program.

P.S. I have a feeling hubby will be hearing about his 'tolerant wife' for many years to come as well.
    I can't wait to see Les today ... and remind her how tolerant she is.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I don't know but I know his tolerant wife

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Too many men on the ice call. Lowell still had four on the PK on the ice as a fifth player was over the boards and heading into the zone.
    I found this to be a scary moment in the game as I was not aware that the refs could not award a penalty for the too many men during the video review. I kept thinking Lowell would have to defend a 5x3 for over a minute. What a momentum swing that would have been.

Leave a comment:

• UVM Cat in Texas
    replied

Let's go Lowell, kick some butt today!!!

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by carlin View Post
    Does anyone know why Lowell had the goal reversed. I can only guess the goalie was perhaps interfered with? And why isn't the reason announced to the audience?
    Too many men on the ice call. Lowell still had four on the PK on the ice as a fifth player was over the boards and heading into the zone.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    About the game itself yesterday, I don't think enough credit is being given to Wilson for the forecheck he alone put on to get us the first goal. Great perseverance by the kid.
    Billy Jaffe was all over that during the broadcast, couldn't say enough positives about the his play.

Leave a comment:

• carlin
    replied

Does anyone know why Lowell had the goal reversed. I can only guess the goalie was perhaps interfered with? And why isn't the reason announced to the audience?

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

About the game itself yesterday, I don't think enough credit is being given to Wilson for the forecheck he alone put on to get us the first goal. Great perseverance by the kid.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
    We'll be there at the pre-game and looking to pick up 2 extra tickets. Anyone trying to unload a few? Let me know.....
    I think all the Cornell and MN fans already left.

Leave a comment:

• Leecoffee9
    replied

We'll be there at the pre-game and looking to pick up 2 extra tickets. Anyone trying to unload a few? Let me know.....

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    tough to keep beating the same team. mookie wishes you guys had the goofs tomorrow. really hope y'all win.
    Completely agree. This game has me petrified. You can have a team's number for a while, but eventually, when they're as talented as ND, things start to even out. Just hope it doesn't happen today.
    Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Sort of like the elbow the Lowell player laid out Matt Gaudreau with that went uncalled?
    Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Has any Lowell fan defended that hit or said it wasn't a penalty? Not that I've seen.

Should have been called but wasn't. Grow up.
    Yep. Should have been a penalty. I legit haven't seen one Lowell fan say that it wasn't a bad hit.
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Lowell should win easily today but there's something about these conference rematches a week later...

I will be there and would like ND to actually put up a "fight" for once.
    No fight please. Just quit. And go home. So much travel!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X