Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I keep watching it. ND player is definitely not holding two sticks with his left glove. He'd have a hard time fitting two sticks in one glove in the first place. To do it while twirling around, opening his glove wide enough to grab Zink's stick while not losing his own is really just not possible.
    NO he has a stick in each hand

This is why they don't believe in eye witnesses. The latest one I find looks diff than the one I think I saw last night.
    Last edited by leswp1; 03-27-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      he has a stick in each hand
      No.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

There's an argument to be made that there could be a penalty on both players there, Zink for interference and the ND guy for holding the stick. But both would be very marginal calls and also difficult to see, look how hard it is for us to make a determination watching the replay that many times. I think the ref there doesn't want to blow his whistle on a strict interpretation of the rule that he can't be sure of. No call either way I think was the right move. Chick's right though, if you're putting yourself in a situation, like BU did on Saturday, where you're one call/no call away from losing a game, you've already missed opportunities elsewhere.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          No.
          see edit.

Comment

I watched that play 10 times. I don't see anything warranting just a penalty on ND. either matching or nothing. ND player had stick slashed out of his hands in 3rd leading to good chance for lowell. Didn't have a problem with nothing being called on that cluster in OT. they looked like they were dancing together.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
              I'm encouraged by what I see from Lohin, I'm thinking he could be the next guy.
              The same with Nick Master. Although he didn't show up in the scoring sheet he was huge on faceoffs this weekend winning 30 of 42 in the two game.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Chick's right though, if you're putting yourself in a situation, like BU did on Saturday, where you're one call/no call away from losing a game, you've already missed opportunities elsewhere.
                Agree. I thought Lowell had several chances early in the game to score but couldn't convert. Peterson was giving up some big rebounds early that were just out of reach. They also had three power plays that they didn't take advantage of. A tough way for the game to end but I like the fact that the refs let the teams play.
                Last edited by boblav1; 03-27-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  Agree. I thought Lowell had several chances early in the game to score but couldn't covert. Peterson was giving up some big rebounds early that were just out of reach. They also had three power plays that they didn't take advantage of. A tough way for the game to end but I like the fact that the refs let the teams play.
                  I thought it could have been 4-2 Lowell after 1. They flat out missed good opportunities in the 1st. Good game to watch from a fan of neither team
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

just looked at that zink replay and still can't understand how that happened exactly other than they got wrapped up into each other... ugh... unless I can "zapruder" it I'll just have to chalk it up to terrible luck
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

7-0 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. I bet there's no one that's got a better record than that.
                      1-6 in the second. So there's that.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        7-0 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. I bet there's no one that's got a better record than that.
                        That hurts....just a bit

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I keep seeing this stat, but it's not exactly true. They are 7-0 in the 1st game of the regionals (1994, 1996, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017). In 1988, there were no "regionals", but a 1st round was played and Lowell lost a 2-game total-goals series to Wisconsin, losing the 1st game, and tying the 2nd.

Monty- you need to update your sig.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            I keep seeing this stat, but it's not exactly true. They are 7-0 in the 1st game of the regionals (1994, 1996, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017). In 1988, there were no "regionals", but a 1st round was played and Lowell lost a 2-game total-goals series to Wisconsin, losing the 1st game, and tying the 2nd.

Monty- you need to update your sig.
                            Thanks Scott.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Still kind of in sad shock but when I think back to a time when we were watching losing seasons, I couldn't give tix away and there were no fans that traveled. Now- we had a sea of blue in the Gahden and in Manchvegas. We made it there and even had commentators saying our team is the full package and going on for paragraphs rather than a soundbite. It stinks that the only way to be satisfied it to end up winning it all.

Also stinks to read snarkey commentary from the other team after such a close game. Those who win with class are those who are respected.... ah well

Comment

Yeah nothing at all like a few UML posters who said Notre Dame shouldn't even show up in Manchester because UML owned us and we were nothing but a punk program because UML had our number in some regular season games or conference playoff semi final games. What goes around comes around. Find a post of mine in a Michigan thread after the NCAA game last year and read what I said to their fans. Never mind, I'll find it for you:

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                That was the right kind of hockey game last night. 2 teams just playing hockey until one found a way to score one more goal than the other. Congrats on the win.
                                Then go find some posts of mine on another fan forum (and maybe this one too) and see how I repeatedly praise UML's program and coach. I've even sung the praises of his former assistants because I know they learned the right way to run a program from Bazin.

Comment

Working...
                                X