2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Tough loss. You guys played really well and in my opinion were the better team most of the game. ND looked good to at times. Thanks for blowing up my bracket. Had you guys winning it...

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/846127873324994561

^^ full video of the play

The contact seemed to be equally initiated and continued. You could possibly make a case that the ND guy yanked the stick out of Zink's hand at the end, but Zink is making little effort to disengage there. The only thing I could possibly see being called there are matching minors, and in playoff OT that's a real tough call to get.
      That made things a whole lot harder to swallow than real time. where we were sitting the sight line didn't let me see it

Comment

Tough way to go down. Terrific season.

Thanks to the seniors for everything they've done for the program. One more year, CJ? Please?
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Congrats River Hawks for a great season! Well done Notre Dame, you deserved the victory today.

I can't help but wonder how much yesterday's rough game against Cornell took some of the legs out of UML today. The 'Hawks never seemed to be able to generate any open ice speed. Also need to credit the Irish for a terrific game plan, taking away the usual UML passing lanes, out hustling, etc.

Congrats to the seniors and best of luck in the future wherever your paths may lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Great season by the boys! Tough way to go down... the refs let them play which in all honesty...doesnt suit us. We had some bad turnovers by guys that normally dont make those type of mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              Tough way to go down. Terrific season.

Thanks to the seniors for everything they've done for the program. One more year, CJ? Please?
              That pretty much sums it up.

Congratulations to Notre Dame on the win today.

Comment

Norm's post game press conference.

Game highlights.
                Last edited by boblav1; 03-26-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Congrats on a great season. Tough ending for Zink, interfered with ND player for 3 seconds, lost his stick, then went flopping trying to defend.

Will be interested to see how the programs move along with Gambardella. Tremendous player that seemed like the straw that stirs the drink. Felt like he played at UML for 7 years.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Congrats on a great season. Tough ending for Zink, interfered with ND player for 3 seconds, lost his stick, then went flopping trying to defend.

Will be interested to see how the programs move along with Gambardella. Tremendous player that seemed like the straw that stirs the drink. Felt like he played at UML for 7 years.
                    For me, the most disappointing part about yesterday was knowing Joe isn't going to put that uniform on again. I agree with you, he was the straw that stirred the drink. I'm encouraged by what I see from Lohin, I'm thinking he could be the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

I must have homer eyes. How do you 'lose' your stick when the other guy ends up holding a stick in each hand and then throwing Zink's stick away? I just don't get it. The result is what it is but I watched a bunch of times and I just can't understand why this is 'losing' your stick.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        I must have homer eyes. How do you 'lose' your stick when the other guy ends up holding a stick in each hand and then throwing Zink's stick away? I just don't get it. The result is what it is but I watched a bunch of times and I just can't understand why this is 'losing' your stick.
                        Zink had a really rough game fro. What i saw. Hopefully we see him get signed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

IDK... I watched it many times last night. Seems like the ND player is a righty, has his bottom hand off the stick in the air (trying to buy a call?) after he gets spun around by Zink (hooking/holding?), is holding his own stick with his left hand on the butt end so I'm not sure what he was using if he held onto Zink's stick. Either way... there was some serious interference anyway so that was kind of a deserved situation. Just seems like he somehow lost his stick. I mean we're talking about 3 straight seconds of interference on a guy who chipped the puck in at the blue line. Look at where they are 3 seconds later.
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Well, as an objective observer I would say the truth (as usual) lies somewhere in between. I didn't see him "holding" it in each hand, but I agree that he DID have it "pinned" under his arm so he wasn't letting Zink get it back. But I've never seen holding called on an offensive player so I'm not sure how they could have handled it. Delay of game? I think if there's no goal scored there (and I know that led directly to the goal) then that's nothing. It's one of those things that you let go and then say "Oh oh" when the goal immediately follows.

That won't make anyone feel any better, but I'll just say this. You NEVER want to put yourself in a position where one call or non-call can cost you the game. I said a few times yesterday that I thought it was very "unfortunate" to have to play them again after you just crushed them last Friday night. Nothing good can come of it, and I don't care how many times the coach "warns" the team not to get overconfident, it's hard to get pumped up against someone you completely destroyed. That game at the Garden was a joke. No doubt in my mind you would have played much better against Minnesota. It's one of the reasons (as you're starting to find out) why it is so difficult to win a National Championship. They don't play the games on paper. You've got to go out there and take care of business and Lowell didn't really seem to play with that fire that they have had during the recent streak.

Comment

Not arguing the interference at all. Both teams spent the night interfering with each other with non-calls. As I said, the game result is the game result.

If you go slo-mo or freeze frame he is holding 2 sticks in the air. I am pretty sure our guy didn't hand the stick to the other guy and say, 'here, hold this for me.' I know it is semantics and honestly I am not always a fan of the guy who owned said stick. It just stuck in my craw. Honestly I would have felt better if they said- look at that but no call.

Comment

If you go slo-mo or freeze frame he is holding 2 sticks in the air.
                                I keep watching it. ND player is definitely not holding two sticks with his left glove. He'd have a hard time fitting two sticks in one glove in the first place. To do it while twirling around, opening his glove wide enough to grab Zink's stick while not losing his own is really just not possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X