• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by SteveD14 View Post
    The quotes from Quinn are from his post-game presser after UML beat BU at the Tsongas on Feb 10th. While they seem complimentary in text his tone and body language seemed far from that to me watching it. IMO it seemed more like he was complaining.
    They are not from his presser after the game. They are from his Hockey East teleconference appearance on March 14th (today).

Leave a comment:

• SteveD14
    replied

The quotes from Quinn are from his post-game presser after UML beat BU at the Tsongas on Feb 10th. While they seem complimentary in text his tone and body language seemed far from that to me watching it. IMO it seemed more like he was complaining.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Some interesting and complimentary comments from Jeff Jackson and David Quinn as well as some insight into Bazin's system:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-lowell-system
    Interesting piece. Hopefully Lowell will be 9-2-2 against Fake Hockey East after Friday's semi-final, completing their dominance of them. And along with BU, keep them from any Hockey East titles as they go back to where they came from when the season's over. Then just root for whoever plays them in NCAAs if they make it.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

Some interesting and complimentary comments from Jeff Jackson and David Quinn as well as some insight into Bazin's system:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-lowell-system

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Puck hawk, I might be at GA tech over the Memorial Day weekend... are you around?
    Should be. I'm planning to propose (PhD project proposal) on the 22nd (barring any faculty schedule changes), so I should theoretically even have free time ( )
    Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 03-13-2017, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Puck hawk, I might be at GA tech over the Memorial Day weekend... are you around?

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    Fun fact. The last time Lowell scored at least 5 goals in a period... the third period on February 4th, 2017... against UNH... also an 8-2 win.
    Not a great weekend overall for UNH though. After the high of their upset win Friday night, it went downhill from there. Transportation snafus on Saturday leading to disruption of routine and later start and then a loss combined with the pasting Lowell gave them yesterday. Mustn't have been a fun ride back to Durham.

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied

Fun fact. The last time Lowell scored at least 5 goals in a period... the third period on February 4th, 2017... against UNH... also an 8-2 win.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    Thanks!
    No problem. Tons of great information on the UML tournament page. They're doing a great job as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Fishhawk
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    You might have missed my post a couple posts back to so I'll repost. All the info. you need is below (there's also separate game thread further down the main page as well) -

UML's pregame starts at 2:00 at Anthem Kitchen and Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace (South Market Building) as it's St. Patrick's Day and the usual pregame location at The Harp isn't available for obvious reasons. If Lowell wins Friday, pregame will be at The Harp on Saturday.

Lowell's tournament page is also up HERE with the usual array of information including tickets, pregame location, directions, etc.

Wish I was still a student too. Great deal for $10 includes a ticket for BOTH nights and bus transportation each night. Wow!
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Just because BU finishes higher in the pairwise doesn't promise they will get priority on an eastern regional. If the first pass at bracket integrity works such that Lowell ends up in Manchester they aren't just going to flip BU and Lowell because BU has the higher pairwise.
    At this point it's almost more important what North Dakota does this weekend than anything else. There's a bunch of scenarios where BU wins out, gets a 1 seed, but likely gets shipped to Fargo because UND falls to the 4 line and DU/UMD can't play them. I'd imagine there are a bunch of similar scenarios for UML where they win out but end up getting shipped west for one reason or another. Would've been a lot easier if St. Cloud had just done their job this weekend and eliminated them.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

That was a fun Sunday afternoon!

Is UML- ND the first game or the second?
    You might have missed my post a couple posts back to so I'll repost. All the info. you need is below (there's also separate game thread further down the main page as well) -

UML's pregame starts at 2:00 at Anthem Kitchen and Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace (South Market Building) as it's St. Patrick's Day and the usual pregame location at The Harp isn't available for obvious reasons. If Lowell wins Friday, pregame will be at The Harp on Saturday.

Lowell's tournament page is also up HERE with the usual array of information including tickets, pregame location, directions, etc.

Wish I was still a student too. Great deal for $10 includes a ticket for BOTH nights and bus transportation each night. Wow!

Leave a comment:

• Turk_Sanderson
    replied

5PM Puck Drop

BC Vs BU not a chance Hockey East, NESN, or TD Garden wanted that to be the early game

Leave a comment:

• Fishhawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
    Okay...a question and things I have noticed.

-Was Campbell suspended or a scratch yesterday?
    -There is a strong chance even if we win the HE Tourney that we finish behind BU (both 2 seeds) and PC stays as a 3 seed (according to the PWR Predictor they only have a 32% of dropping to a 4 seed). This worries me a little as I feel the committee will keep PC in the Providence regional as the 3 seed and BU will be placed in the Manchester regional as the 2 seed...leaving us going west.
    -If BC was to win the HE Tourney this could give HE 5 teams in...and there a chance that all 5 teams would be a 2 or 3 seed. That would be very interesting to say the least.
    Just because BU finishes higher in the pairwise doesn't promise they will get priority on an eastern regional. If the first pass at bracket integrity works such that Lowell ends up in Manchester they aren't just going to flip BU and Lowell because BU has the higher pairwise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X