replied
    Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    and the quotation marks are ENTIRELY deserved

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by carlin View Post
    What is the best estimate of number of "embellishment" calls UML is called for?

Leave a comment:

• bottomdweller
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    An incorrect one too.
    Do you really enjoy being a know-it-all dick to other Lowell fans? Like what pleasure do you get out of correcting something someone said on a message board? It's not like he pulled that stat out of thin air. Are you including games they forfeited because of Falco?

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
    If any reads this. is going to the Garden, and can sneak up to the 9th floor, please *****-slap Alex Faust of NESN. He kept calling Nick Marin as Nick Martin and Jaffe never corrected him.
    Absolutely worthy of a *****-slap, I'd say. That's the most egregious mishandling of a name I've ever heard.

Leave a comment:

• carlin
    replied

What is the best estimate of number of "embellishment" calls UML is called for?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    He also called Lohin "Logan" a few times. He was atrocious.
    Not to make excuses (because I believe that regardless of the pay, you do the best job you can - that's how you get promoted to a better one), but several friends in the media have told me that it's well-known that NESN doesn't pay much for salaries. That's why there is such a huge turnover. It's kind of a "proving ground" for "talent" that has higher aspirations (look at Heidi Watney, Kathryn Tappan and many others - they didn't stay there long).

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    It was great to see. Unfortunately we still have to tolerate Fake Hockey East representing the league in ncaas.
    not for long....

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
    If any reads this. is going to the Garden, and can sneak up to the 9th floor, please *****-slap Alex Faust of NESN. He kept calling Nick Marin as Nick Martin and Jaffe never corrected him.
    He also called Lohin "Logan" a few times. He was atrocious.

Leave a comment:

• pressbox
    replied

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied
    Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    In all my years of watching Hockey East I've never seen all fans united like they've been for the "GTFO Notre Dame" cause. It's glorious.
    It was great to see. Unfortunately we still have to tolerate Fake Hockey East representing the league in ncaas.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    The uscho page has 03-04 season at 10-23-7. Lowell record book for that year has it at 15-18-7, but mentions that 5 games were forfeited. Something is amiss.
    Let's hope we have finally turned that corner this year and never turn back
    probably more than just that... IMO, forfeits are losses but i know colleges like to get cheeky about such things

Leave a comment:

• Thiessen'sBetter
    replied

From a friend that wishes to remain anonymous:

"St. Patrick chased all of the snakes out of Ireland… and UMass-Lowell chased the snakes out of Hockey East…."
    In all my years of watching Hockey East I've never seen all fans united like they've been for the "GTFO Notre Dame" cause. It's glorious.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Don't know why, but they have a lot of things incorrect. Bob Ellis and I have been tracking this all season and it's been in the game notes every single week this year.
    The uscho page has 03-04 season at 10-23-7. Lowell record book for that year has it at 15-18-7, but mentions that 5 games were forfeited. Something is amiss.
    Let's hope we have finally turned that corner this year and never turn back

Leave a comment:

• ScottK
    replied

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
    Well, I was only working off the "team history" page from USCHO's Lowell page which has them at .500 today. Why are they wrong?
    Don't know why, but they have a lot of things incorrect. Bob Ellis and I have been tracking this all season and it's been in the game notes every single week this year.

Leave a comment:

• LTI Alum
    replied

Lowell is 588-580-109 all-time in Division 1.

The win over Dartmouth on New Year's Eve pushed Lowell above .500 in D1 all-time. They briefly dropped below .500 again, then went back above .500 for good after beating Northeastern on February 3rd.
    Well, I was only working off the "team history" page from USCHO's Lowell page which has them at .500 today. Why are they wrong?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X