Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    If all the higher seeds win all of tomorrow's games, Lowell ends up #4 in the pairwise and a #1 seed. https://goo.gl/mI1fYi
    I fiddle around a little bit with it. I think all Lowell needs are Wisconsin, Denver, Duluth and (obviously) Lowell to win. Lowell seems to stay at 4 even if I change the results of the other games in the ECAC, WCHA and AH.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

From a friend that wishes to remain anonymous:

"St. Patrick chased all of the snakes out of Ireland… and UMass-Lowell chased the snakes out of Hockey East…."
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

If all the higher seeds win all of tomorrow's games, Lowell ends up #4 in the pairwise and a #1 seed. https://goo.gl/mI1fYi
        True except for if DU and WMU tie. That puts WMU into the 4 spot. Consolation games....
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

"St. Patrick chased all of the snakes out of Ireland… and UMass-Lowell chased the snakes out of Hockey East…."
          we drove the french away from Irish Boston
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Actually, no. This team had to stay East to have any chance of doing anything. We do not play well when we go out West in the NCAAs. I don't hold out much hope for the season to continue much longer.
            Actually that's not entirely correct. When Lowell was sent to Michigan in 1994, they beat Michigan State on their home ice before losing to Minnesota in OT in the regional final. Two years later in 1996, Lowell again beat Michigan State on their home ice but lost in the regional final to Colorado College.

With that said, I'm definitely hoping Lowell stays east as it would be very much a home game fan-wise.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

This is great. Notre Dame fans are in denial too that they lost. It's funny.
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                Actually that's not entirely correct. When Lowell was sent to Michigan in 1994, they beat Michigan State on their home ice before losing to Minnesota in OT in the regional final. Two years later in 1996, Lowell again beat Michigan State on their home ice but lost in the regional final to Colorado College.

With that said, I'm definitely hoping Lowell stays east as it would be very much a home game fan-wise.
                She was talking about bu
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Game highlights

Bazin postgame

College Hockey News recap

SBN College Hockey recap

WEEI recap

Can't find postgame for Notre Dame coach but this quote from the postgame press conference sums it all up:

"As much as we’ve been proud to be a member of Hockey East, its never felt like we’ve belonged here. It’s a crazy thought, but it’s just the way it is. It’s certainly not by anyone’s actions or anything like that. You just don’t feel like you necessarily belong."

Gee, ya think?
                  Last edited by riverchief1; 03-18-2017, 08:07 AM.
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                    She was talking about bu
                    Oh duh, my bad. Too late of a night and too early of a morning for me! I should be in great shape by the end of tonight.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                      Must be a real BU vs BC thing. I can understand that.
                      yup...................the best hockey game i've seen any team play in a very long time and i've seen a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        True except for if DU and WMU tie. That puts WMU into the 4 spot. Consolation games....
                        What part of "if all of the higher seeds win" did you think included a tie?
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Two dilemmas for tonight, but this can be filed under "a good problem to have".
                          I am on the Board for a non-profit and tonight we have our fundraiser. The non-profit has taken a lot of my time this year which is why I missed a lot of games this year despite being a season ticket holder. My wife attends the hockey games with me and has adopted UML as her hockey team despite not going to UML.

Dilemma #1 - my wife went to BC and she is having a tough time deciding who to root for tonight. The funny thing is that she is having a tougher time than she ever would have expected. Our tickets are in Loge 2 - the UML section. This may tip her decision to wear her Lowell colors. Not sure how things would fare in this section if she wore her BC jersey; however I think our fans are good enough to only give her good natured ribbing.

Dilemma #2 - go to the game or the fundraiser? Well, I think that decision was already made despite having tickets for both events. UML vs BC for the title? That is a no brainer. Sorry non-profit: you have already gotten much of my time and money this year. TD Garden, here we come.

Like I mentioned, good problems to have.
                          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                            Two dilemmas for tonight, but this can be filed under "a good problem to have".
                            I am on the Board for a non-profit and tonight we have our fundraiser. The non-profit has taken a lot of my time this year which is why I missed a lot of games this year despite being a season ticket holder. My wife attends the hockey games with me and has adopted UML as her hockey team despite not going to UML.

Dilemma #1 - my wife went to BC and she is having a tough time deciding who to root for tonight. The funny thing is that she is having a tougher time than she ever would have expected. Our tickets are in Loge 2 - the UML section. This may tip her decision to wear her Lowell colors. Not sure how things would fare in this section if she wore her BC jersey; however I think our fans are good enough to only give her good natured ribbing.

Dilemma #2 - go to the game or the fundraiser? Well, I think that decision was already made despite having tickets for both events. UML vs BC for the title? That is a no brainer. Sorry non-profit: you have already gotten much of my time and money this year. TD Garden, here we come.

Like I mentioned, good problems to have.
                            I think you have to go your separate ways for the game... but anyhoo

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

With yesterday's win Lowell reached .500 in Division 1 for the first time since being 7-7 on 11/30/84.

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                                With yesterday's win Lowell reached .500 in Division 1 for the first time since being 7-7 on 11/30/84.
                                well... dang!

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X