2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

I thought you guys would already have been happy, dodging that QF round bullet from Storrs??

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      I thought you guys would already have been happy, dodging that QF round bullet from Storrs??

Yes, most definitely. Every team has their team that gives them fits and for Lowell, that's UConn. And Tage Thompson the Riverhawk Killer. Between them and NU, preferred NU but still have 19 minutes to go...
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

4-1 UNH now early in the 3rd. Looks like the kitties are heading to Tsongas next weekend.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
          Yes, most definitely. Every team has their team that gives them fits and for Lowell, that's UConn. And Tage Thompson the Riverhawk Killer. Between them and NU, preferred NU but still have 19 minutes to go...
          Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be too scared by any team whose HC's next postseason win will be his first. Ever.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be too scared by any team whose HC's next postseason win will be his first. Ever.
            You get a little nervous when you're only 3-3-1 against UConn since they joined HE and they haven't beat them since December, 2014. Bazin is 3-5-1 against them in his time at UML.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

I'm thinking this blossoming *love affair* between the Lowell faithful and UNH is down to one or more of these ...

(1) you folks are genuinely rooting for UNH because you feel a kinship with us wonderful UNH folks
              (2) you folks are genuinely terrified of facing the defending HE Champs Northeastern Huskies
              (3) there really IS a rivalry between the two Merrimack Valley D-1 programs, and you want MC to suffer
              (4) Riverhawks' fans are hungry for some ... CUPCAKES next weekend!!!
              Just checking in to see who Lowell plays next week. Not rooting for any one team since Lowell being the #1 seed should beat whomever they meet.
              What did you say?
              Who own the Chiefs?
              What did he say?
              Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                Just checking in to see who Lowell plays next week. Not rooting for any one team since Lowell being the #1 seed should beat whomever they meet.
                Um, not necessarily. Like if UConn had ended up coming here, I'd be very concerned considering how much Lowell has sucked against them.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  You get a little nervous when you're only 3-3-1 against UConn since they joined HE and they haven't beat them since December, 2014. Bazin is 3-5-1 against them in his time at UML.
                  Don't worry - that's just "courtesy concern". When they start beating you after January, worry for real.

UNH had an all-time winning record over BC until relatively recently, even after BC started winning D-1 titles.

I'm pretty sure no one at BC was quaking in their shoes at UNH. Lowell should be the same with UConn.

Y'see, we've got some (negative) experience in this area to share with y'all ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Don't worry - that's just "courtesy concern". When they start beating you after January, worry for real.

UNH had an all-time winning record over BC until relatively recently, even after BC started winning D-1 titles.

I'm pretty sure no one at BC was quaking in their shoes at UNH. Lowell should be the same with UConn.

Y'see, we've got some (negative) experience in this area to share with y'all ...
                    So Chuck, are you gonna pick up your lowell jersey this week or wait till Saturday night?
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

bring on unh!!!!!

Comment

5-2 UNH with an ENG late in third.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

like that

Comment

Yay! No NU or UConn. Now just have to have no let down and no getting caught sleeping against UNH.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              So Chuck, are you gonna pick up your lowell jersey this week or wait till Saturday night?
                              I'll rather wait 'til after the elimination on Saturday night, but I'm only interested if Coach Bazin signs it.

Haven't been to Tsongas since the heyday of Stevie Moses. Anything new in the neighborhood to look for?

... I mean, other than the stabbings and dead bodies my pal Lanny warned me about back in the day ...

Comment

So I would not be surprised in the least if UVM, NU, and PC are all at the Garden the 17th... along with Lowell. I also wouldn't be surprised to see UVM, NU, and PC get their butts handed to them in the QFs.

Comment

Working...
                                X