Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Todd M, Tarek Baker with an apparent knee injury at today's practice, was helped off the ice. Sonuva*****, the kid is really impressive. I love his work ethic.

Tough weekend personally for him not to play, if it's that bad. :-(
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-30-2017, 06:49 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Per Milewski's State Journal article, this series will be the 3rd year of a 4 year contract with NoDak. Previous games were in 14-15 and 15-16.
      NoDak will be an away trip next year with nothing guaranteed after that. Todd mentions that NoDak just signed a new contract with Minnesota, so they might not want to tie up too many NC games.

This puts confirmed future games as:
      18-19
      BC (year 3 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)
      @Clarkson/St Lawrence (year 3 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
      @North Dakota (year 4 of 4 year North Dakota contract)

19-20
      Clarkson (year 4 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
      @Omaha (return trip of 1 for 1 contract, hosted in 16-17)
      @Merrimack/BC (year 4 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        Per Milewski's State Journal article, this series will be the 3rd year of a 4 year contract with NoDak. Previous games were in 14-15 and 15-16.
        NoDak will be an away trip next year with nothing guaranteed after that. Todd mentions that NoDak just signed a new contract with Minnesota, so they might not want to tie up too many NC games.

This puts confirmed future games as:
        18-19
        BC (year 3 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)
        @Clarkson/St Lawrence (year 3 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
        @North Dakota (year 4 of 4 year North Dakota contract)

19-20
        Clarkson (year 4 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
        @Omaha (return trip of 1 for 1 contract, hosted in 16-17)
        @Merrimack/BC (year 4 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)
        NoDak and Denver (maybe more "western schools") should be on our schedule EVERY year. Try to keep some of the old rivalries. I still don't like B1G hockey and it's got nothing to do with being an older ****.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          NoDak and Denver (maybe more "western schools") should be on our schedule EVERY year. Try to keep some of the old rivalries. I still don't like B1G hockey and it's got nothing to do with being an older ****.
          I agree. both teams should be on the schedule every year. mix in CC every once and a while.

would be cool to do a round robin type thing with UW and Goofs, ND and Denver and have each school host one weekend every year and play ND and Denver and they each play us and Goofs. Mini tournament thing that only ties up one weekend.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            I agree. both teams should be on the schedule every year. mix in CC every once and a while.

would be cool to do a round robin type thing with UW and Goofs, ND and Denver and have each school host one weekend every year and play ND and Denver and they each play us and Goofs. Mini tournament thing that only ties up one weekend.
            It would be great to see something with CC, UND, UMD, and Denver along with Goofers, and UW. It's incredibly unlikely, but seeing those teams every year or every other would be awesome.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              It would be great to see something with CC, UND, UMD, and Denver along with Goofers, and UW. It's incredibly unlikely, but seeing those teams every year or every other would be awesome.
              We've had CC and Denver in recent years. We had a 4 year rotation with them between 2013/2014 - 2016/2017.

UND; we are in a 4 year contract with them right now. They can probably make more money by getting a smaller school to do a 2 for 1 or even a 1 for none.

UMD; it would be nice, but we'd probably have to schedule them 1 for 1.

I like that the Eaves administration made a bit of a push 5-6 years ago to get some creative scheduling with the BU/BC 4 year deal and the Denver/CC 4 year deal. Mostly highly regarded schools.
              To a lesser extent, I liked the NMU rotations, the St Lawrence/Clarkson 4 year deal, the current BC/Merrimack 4 year deal. St Lawrence, Clarkson, Merrimack do nothing for me, but they were an interesting change of pace.

I wonder what it would take to do a 4 year deal with NoDak/UMD. It would be a hike to get between Grand Forks and Duluth overnight or in the early AM, but it could make for some nice road trips.
              Maybe a UMD and BSU rotation would be easier.

Comment

Joe Pa is 2 goals away from 300 in his NHL career. Heatley had 372 goals, I think Joe Pa should be able to catch him for most NHL goals by a Badger. Does Chelios have the most career NHL points at 948 or am I missing someone? Joe Pa has 637 pts, I don't think he will be able to get up to 900 pts. Heatley had 791 career NHL pts.

Kunin got his first goal last week.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                  Joe Pa is 2 goals away from 300 in his NHL career. Heatley had 372 goals, I think Joe Pa should be able to catch him for most NHL goals by a Badger. Does Chelios have the most career NHL points at 948 or am I missing someone? Joe Pa has 637 pts, I don't think he will be able to get up to 900 pts. Heatley had 791 career NHL pts.

That is correct. Gary Suter had 844 (17 seasons) and Scott Mellanby had 840 (21 seasons). That Suter played 9 less years then Chelios shows what a prolific producer he was from the blue line.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I think Pavelski has a chance at that. He's got 68+ points, per year, for the last 4 years. Here's hoping that he gets at least another 4 or 5 years in the league.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I think Pavelski has a chance at that. He's got 68+ points, per year, for the last 4 years. Here's hoping that he gets at least another 4 or 5 years in the league.
                      I hope so as well, he is one of the nicest guys to go through the program. The only thing is the NHL is increasingly becoming a young mans game....and a very fast one. He already is an average skater in his lower 30's. It is going to be tough to keep up.

Speaking of Pavs, Burns (I think) in a interview at the all-star game said Pav's boy is quite the player. Is it too early to put him on the recruiting spreadsheet?

Comment

Knowing both guys and since they entered the NHL at the same time, I've always kept track of how close their stats are. Joe's stats are very close to Phil Kessel's, but we hear more about Phil for some reason. (One guess for me is east coast vs. west coast.)

In 817 games Joe: 298 goals + 339 assists = 639 points.

In 845 games Phil: 300 goals + 362 assists = 662 points.

With a 28 game difference, I'd **** near call it a draw. Quite amazing considering publicity.

Comment

Speaking of Pavs, Burns (I think) in a interview at the all-star game said Pav's boy is quite the player. Is it too early to put him on the recruiting spreadsheet?
                          Why not? I read an article that a ten year old is getting offers for football. Seriously! http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...26-column.html

Comment

Working...
                          X