X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    job opening for assistant closes today. hopefully they knock it out of the park.
    Patrick would be my top choice if they wanted to continue with what they started last year, but I have faith in the system.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Patrick would be my top choice if they wanted to continue with what they started last year, but I have faith in the system.
      Him or Miller. I can't wait to see the list when it's available.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I am shocked this thread isn't full of thoughts on the possible assistant coach. Maybe TG brings in a an old NHL buddy he worked with in the past.

How was the BG Classic?

Comment

Life long Bucky hockey fan... Long time reader... first time poster! Finally racked up the cajones to chime in with you big dogs!

This was my first year at the BG Classic and I had an absolute BLAST! Great entertainment and very fun experience. I will definitely be making this an annual trip down from Appleton as long as Blake keeps hosting it.

I was a tad disappointed in the crowd size as I thought it would be more full than it was. It was really cool to see some of the former women come play, I think Hillary Knight received the loudest cheers from the audience during the team lineups.

The bidding was really cool. I ended up leaving with the autographed Jack Skille jersey that I will be making my 2006 national championship shrine built around. I wish they would have had smaller things to bid on (gloves, helmets, pictures) for the fans who didn't have the capability to purchase the large items. I likely would have spent more money getting 5-10 items in the $50 range than just getting one big item.

All in all, great event for an even greater cause. It was a bit emotional in the stands during Blake and Adam's speeches about AJ, but the crowd did an amazing job of making it special for him.

Comment

Mark Strobel welcome back

https://***********/BadgerMHockey/st...80768171438080

I guess were GM^2 now or TM^2.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 06-27-2017, 02:42 PM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

That didn't take long.....no drama there. I wonder why he went with Strobel, a bit of a curious choice. He's a tad light on the coaching side of the ledger, especially getting the title Associate Head Coach.

I feel bad for Rohlik, though he is coaching the enemy. I like TM^2.
              Last edited by Timothy A; 06-27-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                That didn't take long.....no drama there. I wonder why he went with Strobel, a bit of a curious choice. He's a tad light on the coaching side of the ledger, especially getting the title Associate Head Coach.

I feel bad for Rohlik, though he is coaching the enemy. I like TM^2.
                I'm worried about his experience as well. 2 years here, 2 years there. Yes, he was at a couple high profile college hockey schools, but only for a short time. The Bill Michaels radio show has a buy-or-sell segment. I'm not going to sell yet, but currently I'm not buying.

That said, prove me ****ing wrong.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Interesting choice. What was Strobel's role at osu? Recruiting? D-men?

I recall Mark playing in the 1992 title game, on a 3rd pairing I think.
                  Also recall the time Mark and Mike Strobel took on two rodents at the Dane. Mike Crowley was getting pummeled and I forget who the other mn player was, maybe Rasmussen?
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

This morning on Lucas, they said Strobel loves recruiting. Don G, didn't so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                      This morning on Lucas, they said Strobel loves recruiting. Don G, didn't so much.
                      Strobel may love to recruit, but Oz is the still main recruiting guy according to what I have read. Steve Miller was a heck of a recruiter, but we don't know yet if he had applied or was reached out to. Seems to me TG wanted a UW legacy guy. He should have reached out to Rohlik. It is Wisconsin afterall coming a calling.

Comment

I applied to be on the Fan Advisory Board. I touted my level-headedness, common sense approach, love of analytics and objectiveness. I probably won't get the call due to the only events I actually attend are hockey. I would like to see a soccer game once and maybe a VB game. I have no interest in attending a BB game and have gone to 1 FB game and really enjoyed it, a Russell Wilson romp of IU.

Comment

I touted my level-headedness, common sense approach, love of analytics and objectiveness.
                          So, you didn't mention your presence here then? Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            So, you didn't mention your presence here then? Haha.
                            Gotta change my user name here and on twitter. If they properly vet me I'm screwed.

Comment

Gotta change my user name here and on twitter. If they properly vet me I'm screwed.
                              Without a doubt...

Comment

I applied to be on the Fan Advisory Board. I touted my level-headedness, common sense approach, love of analytics and objectiveness. I probably won't get the call due to the only events I actually attend are hockey. I would like to see a soccer game once and maybe a VB game. I have no interest in attending a BB game and have gone to 1 FB game and really enjoyed it, a Russell Wilson romp of IU.
                                Allow me to dust off my "Hey, I did it and it was pretty fun" speech.

I was on the 2nd edition of the board, I think this year will be 5 or 6.

I was (and still am) a hockey-only ticket holder. There were a handful of others who were only ticket holders in some of the "minor" sports. Some with just volleyball, some with just women's hockey. The majority were football and/or men's basketball.

It was a very educational experience. I got some time to talk one-on-one with people inside the administration. Barry came in for the first 15 minutes of the first meeting and then we never heard from him again, but there was a strong representation from others in the Athletic Department. Each of the meetings (4 total if I recall correctly) also had at least one guest coach come in and say hi to the group and do a quick Q&A.
                                When Eaves was the guest I caught him off-guard with a comment about the players after the game. I think this was right after an 0-2 visit from North Dakota. The players stayed on the ice after the handshakes to acknowledge the crowd. I commented that it was fantastic that they players did that and his response was along the lines of "Oh, they really did that? I'm usually one of the first back to the locker room so I guess I didn't see that. Thanks for letting me know, I'll make sure to pass on the guys that people notice and appreciate that".
                                --personal note; please don't let this devolve into Eaves bashing, there isn't a need for that anymore--

There were also usually meals provided. One of the meals was a sampling of the new offerings at Camp Randall that year, some pretty good stuff.

And you usually get some behind the scene tours. The video control room at the Kohl Center was one of my favorite places to see. They control everything at the KC, the Field House and Camp Randall from there.

OK, enough with all of that...

I encourage anyone who is eligible to apply. I think it is only season ticket holders for one of the season ticket sports. It is a fun experience and I'm sure that you will enjoy it if you get in.

Comment

Working...
                                X