Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

    Smith is through to the finals, so we're guaranteed a Badger will get to taste glory from the Cup. I prefer Ottawa over Pittsburgh.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

    Comment


    • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Smith is through to the finals, so we're guaranteed a Badger will get to taste glory from the Cup. I prefer Ottawa over Pittsburgh.
      I thought of that last night as well. All 4 teams left would have got a Badger on the cup, it looked like Kerdiles would have gotten at least 1 game in the finals. That is all you need to get your name on the cup.

      Does anyone know what the injury is to Smith? Will he be back in the finals?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
        I thought of that last night as well. All 4 teams left would have got a Badger on the cup, it looked like Kerdiles would have gotten at least 1 game in the finals. That is all you need to get your name on the cup.

        Does anyone know what the injury is to Smith? Will he be back in the finals?
        It "might" be a high ankle sprain that was "possibly" reinjured at a practice after he came from the initial injury. Just sayin'.
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 05-23-2017, 08:35 PM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

        "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

        Comment


        • Comment


          • Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            It "might" be a high ankle sprain that was "possibly" reinjured at a practice after he came from the initial injury. Just sayin'.
            I had read that he skated before, but was still scratched for, game 6 yesterday.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

            BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


            At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

            Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

            Comment


            • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

              Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
              Great video.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

              EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

              Comment


              • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                Gofundme account set up for AJ Degenhardt - member of the 2006 title team, and likely forever known as the last Badger to use a wooden stick. His battle with MS is not going well.

                https://www.gofundme.com/aj-degenhar...a40c26645649b0
                Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 05-30-2017, 07:00 PM.
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

                Comment


                • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2zoxs5GrUg&t=57s

                  It would be cool for the UW to do something like this for pre-game. You could mix in history videos on the ice.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

                  "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

                  Comment


                  • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                    That was pretty cool....UW needs a full house for max effect.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                    Comment


                    • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                      Rumor has it that the rodents are trying to counter G2O by hiring a 1970's/1980's music Icon, they must be getting desperate.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                        I just love Nashville's home playoff atmosphere with all the collegiate style chants. Now if they started singing in unison like in European Football that would take the cake.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                        Comment


                        • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I just love Nashville's home playoff atmosphere with all the collegiate style chants. Now if they started singing in unison like in European Football that would take the cake.
                          As a big Premier League and Bundesliga supporter, I would agree with this. American pro sports could use a bit of the passion that is brought to the games over there.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

                          Comment


                          • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                            Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            As a big Premier League and Bundesliga supporter, I would agree with this. American pro sports could use a bit of the passion that is brought to the games over there.
                            I think overall the Stanley Cup crowds have been very good for North Americans. The passion the Euros display is seldom seen in the US unless, maybe at a Packer game, not they they sing and chant, but at least they are vocal. I too wish US fans had a bigger tank for passion. I'd love to sing and chant the whole game. There's no scoreboard prompting cheering when it's Bayern Munchen vs Leipzig. That brings me back to my childhood when Bundesliga games were on PBS. Anyone else have that recollection?
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                            Comment


                            • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I think overall the Stanley Cup crowds have been very good for North Americans. The passion the Euros display is seldom seen in the US unless, maybe at a Packer game, not they they sing and chant, but at least they are vocal. I too wish US fans had a bigger tank for passion. I'd love to sing and chant the whole game. There's no scoreboard prompting cheering when it's Bayern Munchen vs Leipzig. That brings me back to my childhood when Bundesliga games were on PBS. Anyone else have that recollection?
                              Having just been over to the UK for a football match, it was an amazing bit of atmosphere.
                              It was wonderful to come home without a voice from a match, knowing that I had shouted (and sang) it all out while watching the match.
                              I wish we had our share of "fanatics" for our individual teams that keep cheers and chants going all day long.

                              I had no idea that PBS used to run the Bundesliga. I still long for the days of Monty Python and the UW hockey replays.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

                              Comment


                              • Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

                                Looks like Shuchuk won't be back at Tech. Can't say that I am surprised.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                                EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X