This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2009-2010

FYI, Kyle Wilson had the game winner for Hershey last night vs. the River Rats. Hersey had the best record in the AHL and looks to be the favorite to repeat as champions.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Finish this thread already. You're lagging behind the rest of the ECAC posters....

Comment

I thought Hamburg was a NHL draft pick, why did he only play in three games ??
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          I thought Hamburg was a NHL draft pick, why did he only play in three games ??
          Being a draft pick doesn't guarantee anything in the USHL or any other league for that matter. I can think of a couple kids I've seen at the collegiate level over the last few years that were draft picks and absolutely terrible (or even guys that have gone on to play professionally for that matter). From all reports, Omaha had a stacked club this year and according to the USHL web site, had nearly 20 D-I college commits on their team. In 2009, one of Omaha's best players was Harvard's Louis LeBlanc. Searching around online, it looked like the jump from midget AAA to the USHL was a big one for Anthony who had to adjust to more of a fourth-line energy role as opposed to being the big scorer.

This is a pretty good interview with Anthony here.

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061477

Comment

• 2010-2011

Juniors is always a tough call, wherever you decide to play. Every year dozens of kids leave the USHL because they find themselves in situations that they are not used to or are different than they were promised. Kids who had always been the man growing up in midgets and High School, suddenly find themselves getting 10 minutes of ice a night and no special teams time. Just take a look at any USHL roster on pointstreak and you'll see 5-10 guys per team that jumped ship mid season.

Great for Anthony for sticking with the hand he was dealt. He played for a very deep team and filled a role and stuck with is role. Sounds like a character kid that will do whatever it takes to help his team.
            The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

TY for the info.

Comment

Congratulations to Anthony Hamburg on being named the USHL CO-student athlete of the year! Article below.

http://www.ushl.com/news/story2.cfm?id=3225

Comment

Good piece on Hamburg - sounds like he has the goods to fit right into our system. Thanks Gaterrooter!
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

http://gogatehockey.blogspot.com

Comment

GATE RADIO THIS IS SWEEEET!

Great job! Have to get the word out.

Comment

Yes....good job !!!

Comment

First and foremost. SORRY FOR STARTING A NEW THREAD! YIKES!!
                          The last thing I want to do is break from tradition. But we seem to be running this 09-10 thread to death and 09 is way back in the rear view mirror right now. So now I refuse to post on the New thread until Shabby starts it. BUT, should there not be an off season thread or should thw 09 thread suffice?

Anyway, quick recruit update for everyone. Joey Wilson, 2011 recruit was named one of the top forwards at the 56 team pre draft tournament this past weekend. Joey's team, the "Wildcat Elite" won the tournament. Link below!

http://www.proamhockey.com/

ALSO EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW I JUST WENT BACK AND DELETED THE "NEW THREAD"!
                          Last edited by Gaterrooter; 05-12-2010, 06:10 AM.

Comment

College Hockey proposed rule changes.

Look for College Hockey to go to half shields in the next few years. They believe it will prevent concussions. It may but it will definitely increase dental work.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...byHowMuch.html

Comment

I guess I feel "honored" if they are serious, let's keep things in perspective here though. Any new information on "Gate" hockey is tremendous so keep it up ! Rooter and Gate Radio are very good in providing new input here, wish we had a few more.

Comment

Gate Radio have a question for you. After looking at the Blog and the current pro players list, can you tell me how many of the current Gate players have been drafted and by which teams? I know Brian Day, Austin Smith and Thomas Larkin were drafted, are there any others?

Thanks.

Shabby-just say when.

Comment

Working...
                                X