Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Yeah because the vast majority of MTU fans still live in the UP. I haven't been to a single game this year home or away. But I will most likely be in Fargo or Cincinnati. Plus all the LP fans than go to the GLI.
    Like I said, put a number on it in terms of how many people you think would actually buy tickets. First day of the Final Five last year with Tech and BG in the lower Peninsula drew what was generously listed as 5000 people, and the majority of those came from Ferris State. The number of people you're talking about isn't financially significant.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      I know it's the NCAA, but I don't think they're all that concerned about an extra $60.
      I wouldn't expect an alum of the supposed great institution of the University of ****ing Michigan to be a complete ****** when it comes to math. But then you seem to defy all odds when it comes to utter stupidity.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I wouldn't expect an alum of the supposed great institution of the University of ****ing Michigan to be a complete ****** when it comes to math. But then you seem to defy all odds when it comes to utter stupidity.
        He's a smart guy. No one is suggesting though that the rink will be full, far from it, but I would think that either Bg or Tech would draw as much in cincy as anyone else, except maybe OSU and even then it would be roughly the same. We all know Denver doesn't draw and no one from the east will bring many fans. Personally Cincy is a terrible place for a regional. I would have much preferred it to be in Green bay, or Milwaukee.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          The committee's job will be a lot easier if NoDak either makes it up to the #3 band, or falls out altogether.
          Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
          I vote for falls out altogether.
          I vote for "fold their program" and play D-I club with DU.
          Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Like I said, put a number on it in terms of how many people you think would actually buy tickets. First day of the Final Five last year with Tech and BG in the lower Peninsula drew what was generously listed as 5000 people, and the majority of those came from Ferris State. The number of people you're talking about isn't financially significant.
            That's categorically false. If you were in the building - and dollars to donuts says that wasn't the case - you wouldn't have said that. Bowling Green actually had a decent number there, and if any school brought the most fans it was Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              That's categorically false. If you were in the building - and dollars to donuts says that wasn't the case - you wouldn't have said that. Bowling Green actually had a decent number there, and if any school brought the most fans it was Tech.
              So put a number on it. How many fans would Michigan Tech be bringing to Cincinnati?

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

So put a number on it. How many fans would Michigan Tech be bringing to Cincinnati?
                ... yawn ... zzzzzz ...

Comment

Let's get them in the tournament first, slappy. Not really an argument otherwise.

Comment

It's a 14,000-seat arena in Cincy and you're talking about [BGSU / MTU] that couldn't bring 2500 fans if the game was played in their home rink.
                    Well... except for the fact that Tech averaged 3000+ per home game this season and 4000+ for all games. Nothing like facts to wreck a good argument...
                    http://wcha.com/men/statistics/1617/oaattend.php

I think it is also pretty obviously that your home fan base are not the folks that are going to fill the seats at an NCAA regional. Yes, some die-hard fans are going to travel regardless of location, but most are alumni/fans that are local to the regional site. But hey, since we're talking attendance, kudos to Michigan for packing Yost with an average of 1600 more fans per game than Tech. I mean the population of Ann Arbor is only what, 10x that of the Houghton / Hancock metroplex? DU is the #1 team in the nation with a million people in their back yard and they only draw just over 5300, so I think anyone who is being honest would say the Huskies are doing darn well to draw 3000 at home.
                    http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2016-2017/

Ryan
                    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 03-09-2017, 12:56 PM.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Well... except for the fact that Tech averaged 3000+ per home game this season and 4000+ for all games.
                      And in a playoff series last weekend...?

Comment

why are you obsessed with digging on MTU?

No one in the WCHA had a great weekend for attendance. Spring Break is probably the biggest culprit for MTU with going from 750 free tickets to students to having to pay for tickets AND choose hockey over spring break...seems unlikely...MTU actually outperformed Average Attendance (3049) less the free student tickets (750).
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Triggered.

Multiple choice quiz:

Hockey is king in which of the following towns:

A. Ann Arbor
                          B. Hancock
                          C. Houghton
                          D. Calumet
                          E. Painesdale
                          F. B, C, D, and E

The correct answer is?

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post

The correct answer is?
                            And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.

Comment

And that's fantastic for them. The point of the discussion was the NCAA putting Tech in Cincinnati for "attendance reasons," and I've asked multiple times for someone to give a ballpark figure on how many fans Tech would bring. The fact that so many refuse to do so is a pretty good indication of how small that number would be.
                              Well what number is enough to push the needle? Do I need to say 5k to satisfy you? The point would be that MTU to Cincinnati makes sense over many other teams. Maybe it wouldn't push the needle enough to matter to the NCAA, but would expect at least 500 and 1000 came to mind.

The Huskies filled their allotment for Fargo a couple years ago...granted most of us didn't stick around for the Championship after the way that thing ended...
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

ok, sigh, just to make you happy. Look at how many Tech fans went to the games that were down state this year. 6000 at each gli game, 1800 at each game at Munn, about 1200 at Yost,About 800 at compton, I've seen about 1000 at all the bgsu games, so a wild guess would be 2500 maybe a bit more because some of the students would go, I don't think anyone else would exceed that, not even OSU. Certainly not denver.
                                And another thing while I'm on my high horse here. all these idiots who are talking about how they want this super atmosphere at the regionals and want super regionals etc to boost attendance. it's a myth. no one brings all that many fans. 2500 is a lot anywhere. And even if all 8 schools brought that many most people are taking off after their teams games are over, so there will never be this so called big time atmosphere anywhere.
                                even in basketball the regionals are not well attended.
                                Last edited by manurespreader; 03-09-2017, 01:52 PM.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X