Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Bale View Post
    I'd almost rather they didn't publish an article rather than what they're currently doing.

I expect this series to be the WCHA representative in the tourney. I, personally think these are the two best teams and are playing as good or better than anyone else.
    Did you like my CHN WCHA Quaterfinals preview? I'm starting to not really enjoy writing those because Wodon wants them so dry, I don't get to interject much and it just gets boring doing the same research on all those players for all those teams.
    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...nd_preview.php
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-06-2017, 01:25 PM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Did you like my CHN WCHA Quaterfinals preview? I'm starting to not really enjoy writing those because Wodon wants them so dry, I don't get to interject much and it just gets boring doing the same research on all those players for all those teams.
      I can understand that. It's pretty much just informational without anything more. Maybe it's just what I prefer, but I prefer to read some opinion to just stats. The local papers generally do a good job at that and it's a lot of repeating. Granted, I understand spoonfeeding readers too. Just my preference.
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Honestly I think it's a good thing for D men to get involved. The game has changed over the years and this just means to me that coaches are evolving to meet the new realities. I think Tech would have had several more wins with the occasional mind fart.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Is anyone else excited with Mankato coming to town. I think this will be a classic. Is Mankato as formidable as the past couple seasons?
          I think Tech clearly raised their game and will need to continue its high pace attack against the Mavericks.

Who do you think is the key for Tech. I think Jackson, Heinonen, Lucchini, and L'Esperance are the keys this weekend. All of the D will be allowing the forwards to get it going.
          Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Was there a MP Show this week? Haven't seen anything online yet.
            I think everyone contributing is the strength of this team and the key going forward.
            I've asked for a shorter bench on occasion this season but I really think the staff has done the right thing playing the young guys like they have. It should pay big dividends over the next 7 or 8 games!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Is anyone else excited with Mankato coming to town. I think this will be a classic. Is Mankato as formidable as the past couple seasons?
              I think Tech clearly raised their game and will need to continue its high pace attack against the Mavericks.

Who do you think is the key for Tech. I think Jackson, Heinonen, Lucchini, and L'Esperance are the keys this weekend. All of the D will be allowing the forwards to get it going.
              KEY BEEF, no soft goals, needs to up his game to where is was a few weeks ago.

Comment

I know I am putting a lot of carts ahead of my horse but I love the match ups projected for the Midwest Regional in Cincinnati.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...arly_march.php

UMD, Western, Notre Dame and WCHA Champ. All teams Tech has played and has shown they can compete against.

Here's hoping! Go Huskies!

Comment

Bump to move Asian spam off first page.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                    I know I am putting a lot of carts ahead of my horse but I love the match ups projected for the Midwest Regional in Cincinnati.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...arly_march.php

UMD, Western, Notre Dame and WCHA Champ. All teams Tech has played and has shown they can compete against.

Here's hoping! Go Huskies!
                    I think this would require the WCHA champ to be a 15th seed. If Denver or UMD get the top seed, wouldn't they stay out west, meaning the 16th seed also goes out west?

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                      I think this would require the WCHA champ to be a 15th seed. If Denver or UMD get the top seed, wouldn't they stay out west, meaning the 16th seed also goes out west?
                      Ahh, North Dakota has to go to Fargo if they are in. I'm going to shut up now and wait a week to see the final brackets.

Comment

This web site predicted a West region bracket of the WCHA Champs plus UND, Minnesota and Denver played in Fargo, ND. Ugh. Not great match-ups and certainly not "neutral site" by any definition of the word.
                        Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          This web site predicted a West region bracket of the WCHA Champs plus UND, Minnesota and Denver played in Fargo, ND. Ugh. Not great match-ups and certainly not "neutral site" by any definition of the word.
                          Ryan J
                          And good luck getting tickets. From what I have heard, the only ones left are those set aside for the schools....

I believe CollegeHockeyNews had the WCHA champ in Cincy, but that was with the assumption the the AHA champ would be ranked below the WCHA champ.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            Ryan J
                            For the WCHA rep to get to Cincy it requires only 1 team from Atlantic hockey in and even then the WCHA team would have to finish higher in the pairwise, which I can't make happen, unless UND doesn't make it in and even then it's 50 -50. I think it's pretty likely that whoever the WCHA team is, they play Denver in the first game.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              It's been a strange season. All teams are inconsistent, to some extent, but we've been remarkably consistent in our inconsistency. Pretty much every weekend featured a really good game and...another game. Goaltending was mediocre most of the year, although Pawloski was very good last weekend. Our top line has been very good, but we're not as deep in the forward corps as we've been in the previous 4 years.
                              In other words, we're good enough to have finished 3rd, but vulnerable enough that we lost to 7 different conference opponents. We haven't won in Houghton in a couple years now, so we're rightfully the underdogs, but I wouldn't count us out.

If that didn't help at all, it's because I have no idea how we might perform this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                For the WCHA rep to get to Cincy it requires only 1 team from Atlantic hockey in and even then the WCHA team would have to finish higher in the pairwise, which I can't make happen, unless UND doesn't make it in and even then it's 50 -50. I think it's pretty likely that whoever the WCHA team is, they play Denver in the first game.
                                If North Dakota is in the #4 seed band, the tournament committee is pretty dead set against making the top seeded team in the tournament play against a host school in their opening game. That would push the #1 overall to Cincinnati.

Comment

Working...
                                X