Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Very happy with the result. Woohoo!

Disappointed that we give up 4 goals on 16 shots. Defense and goal tending was pitiful. This was a rout that we turned into a game.
    Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
      Very happy with the result. Woohoo!

Disappointed that we give up 4 goals on 16 shots. Defense and goal tending was pitiful. This was a rout that we turned into a game.
      I don't think defense was pitiful, there's no way at least 2 of those goals should have gone in, I would lay it on the goaltenders feet here.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Good to get the W but shakey goaltending doesn't look good. Odd not to have Mitch on the PA. Sounds like he was sick.

Mel's post game with Dirk:
        Guys we're ready to play and we used our speed.
        It almost went in too easy. Know LSSU will be much better tomorrow.
        We can't give up 4 goals.
        First PP looked great. Gary's done great with them.
        Didn't like goals against. Sure Angus wants 3rd back.
        Liked the PK when it was 6-4.
        Liked a lot of things we did tonight.
        Angus is our guy. Have to be ready tomorrow.

Comment

Tech came out like a house on fire the first five minutes and score reflected it. I seriously thought a Tech forward was going to put an LSSU D-man through the boards in the first couple shifts. I don't know what they did for pregame but Tech was jacked up at the drop of the puck. As Redridge noted "This was a rout that we turned into a game." and I agree. Too bad we couldn't put LSSU away 6-1 or 6-2 because now they go back to the hotel thinking they have a chance if they play a better first five minutes.

Beef's 3rd goal was quite soft and I get why Mel pulled him, much in the same manner that Damon pulled his first goalie only enough for him to get his head back on straight and then go back into the game. Unfortunately for Tech, Wintjes gave up a goal when Mel did it and the game really wasn't the same after that. You could feel the building let down and the energy never came back. Of course by that point, Tech was playing dump the puck and make LSSU go 200 ft for a goal so I get why some of the intensity was gone.

Overall a win is a win. Win one more and you get to play a few more games next weekend. That's the overall goal, no matter how it happens.

Looking at the other games, none of the lower seeds are doing much tonight. I didn't see any of the other games as I am at Tech in person this weekend, but judging by the scores, they look to be every bit as lopsided as the game in Houghton. Nobody is closer than 3 goals to a higher seed team in the first night of games.

Ryan J
          Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 03-03-2017, 08:53 PM.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Tech came out like a house on fire the first five minutes and score reflected it. I seriously thought a Tech forward was going to put an LSSU D-man through the boards in the first couple shifts. I don't know what they did for pregame but Tech was jacked up at the drop of the puck. As Redridge noted "This was a rout that we turned into a game." and I agree. Too bad we couldn't put LSSU away 6-1 or 6-2 because now they go back to the hotel thinking they have a chance if they play a better first five minutes.

Beef's 3rd goal was quite soft and I get why Mel pulled him, much in the same manner that Damon pulled his first goalie only enough for him to get his head back on straight and then go back into the game. Unfortunately for Tech, Wintjes gave up a goal when Mel did it and the game really wasn't the same after that. You could feel the building let down and the energy never came back. Of course by that point, Tech was playing dump the puck and make LSSU go 200 ft for a goal so I get why some of the intensity was gone.

Overall a win is a win. Win one more and you get to play a few more games next weekend. That's the overall goal, no matter how it happens.

Looking at the other games, none of the lower seeds are doing much tonight. I didn't see any of the other games as I am at Tech in person this weekend, but judging by the scores, they look to be every bit as lopsided as the game in Houghton. Nobody is closer than 3 goals to a higher seed team in the first night of games.

Ryan J
            I'll tell ya, BGSU is playing some real good hockey lately, real good. Whoever plays them better look out.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
              Hmm, Mitch Lake not doing the PA in the second, curious what's up with that.
              The other guy did a good job. Maybe Mitch wants to step down. He has done it for many years.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                The other guy did a good job. Maybe Mitch wants to step down. He has done it for many years.
                Later in the broadcast Dirk mentioned that Mitch wasn't feeling well and had left, but I agree, the other guy did very well.

Comment

• One of the last things the announcer said at the arena last night after the game was that he hoped that Mitch feels better.

Comment

• Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                    One of the last things the announcer said at the arena last night after the game was that he hoped that Mitch feels better.
                    Best wishes to Mitch!
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Wow, Tech started the game firing on all cylinders.
                      Coach said he pulled Angus to give him a rest, but had to bring the number 1 guy back after the 2nd bad goal.
                      I think tonight will be a battle as the Lakers will be better tonight.

Go Tech

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        Wow, Tech started the game firing on all cylinders.
                        Coach said he pulled Angus to give him a rest, but had to bring the number 1 guy back after the 2nd bad goal.
                        I think tonight will be a battle as the Lakers will be better tonight.

Go Tech
                        Will Tech come out with that killer instinct they seemed to have lacked at other times?

Comment

Remember back saying this freshman class was looking good heading into the season, Reinke, Smith, Gould, Gerrie, and Beretta can play. I am looking forward to the game tonight to see if Tech can match last night's effort. Damon sounded like they did not match the compete after the first 3 minutes of the first and credited his former team for taking it to them.

Comment

Huskies look good tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              Huskies look good tonight
                              Killer instinct in place

Comment

Let's hope they saved some for next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X