Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

3L in a row. Same story too. Heavily outshoot but goals weren't there.

Mel's post game with Dirk:
    Offense is hard to push. Getting pucks to the net. Breakaways. Rebounds but can't score.
    Can't fault effort. They did a lot of good things.
    Told team the first was one of best periods in awhile.
    Have to keep pick out of the net because we're not scoring.
    Can't fault angus at all tonight but he's also not making some of the saves he made earlier this year.
    They took advantage of our mistakes and we couldn't do the same.
    Don't feel bad for the guys. Have to work through this. Can still be solid on D. Need to keep teams to 0 or 1.
    Played so much better than last weekend just need to tighten up defensively.

Comment

Re: MICHIGAN TECH HUSKIES...2016-17 season. 96th season of hockey (continued, part 2)

Tech has not been in the lead for 185 minutes and counting. You can't keep playing from behind in college hockey and expect good things to happen. A better start is essential today and moving forward.

Comment

Ferris came to play this weekend, As Coach said the effort was there, Heinonen put one off the post that had beat the Ferris goalie, just keep shooting today.
        My hope is the flood gates open as they must also play for the trophy tonight and insure a multiple goal victory.
        Go Huskies! Kiss the queen!

Comment

Well it would be easy to be down but rather than that i'm just going to say my expectation level has been steadily dropping since the Notre Dame series and right now if we win 1 of the next 3 games, that's what I expect. if we win 2 it will exceed what I expect. Winning in the playoffs?, i'm not even sure we can get out of the first round.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tough pill to swallow - last Friday night the team controlled their own destiny to win the Cup, this Friday they're eliminated from any chance of winning it. Nothing but credit to Bemidji. Much like when Tech lost the cup to MSU, it's hard to say BSU doesn't deserve the Cup when they beat you three out of four.
            As for the goalies, everyone always says the goalie is playing too much... They are college kids. Who of us ever slept or needed rest when we were that age? Two games a week isn't a hard work load and Tech is off next weekend anyway. Depending on how the MTU and Mankato scores go the next couple games, maybe you put Wintjes in next Saturday at home against NMU just because he is a senior. Nothing against Wintjes, but the game might not mean anything by then anyway if Mankato loses a game or two next weekend while Tech is idle.
            Ryan
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

It took 120 minutes this weekend for someone to finally figure out that Kapelmaster sucks high to the stick side.

Comment

Totally forgot the game was early tonight, got home and looked at score to put on game and it was over, glad we won.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

They're only playing for playoff momentum and pride now. Maybe that will help.

Comment

I'm a fan of golds for winter carnival, good to see them tonight.

Mel's postgame:
                    Their goal early in the 3rd gave them momentum, they came after us
                    Credit to our gus after last night, good bounceback game
                    On 5x3, good design by Shuchuk, Heinonen good shot
                    Big W, a bit of streak with not much puck luck
                    Told team to get pucks on net, got a lucky bounce on 1st goal
                    Too many penalties, they made good plays on the rush on their PP
                    Sturos good players, good to see him having his best year
                    Sturos/Neville/Jackson did well this weekend
                    Great crowd and great fans
                    Hopeful Dane Birks will be back for NMU
                    Steman is skating, not sure he'll be back

Comment

I'm not sure it was any better than friday night. We didn't get behind though and we didn't give them as good looks defensively so in that regard we were better, but we slapped the puck around a lot and it looked kind of like pond hockey in some regards. I liked some of the things we did but we shot right at the goalie a lot and I thought that hurt us. The pp scored a goal but again, still needs work. Good to get a win no matter how it comes to you. Sturos last shot was a good one. The WCHa race is going to be really interesting, especially if Huntsville can steal a game from bgsu.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        It took 120 minutes this weekend for someone to finally figure out that Kapelmaster sucks high to the stick side.
                        He may be weak there, but on that particular shot he never got back to his goal before positioning himself. You can see on the replay just how far off he was.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          He may be weak there, but on that particular shot he never got back to his goal before positioning himself. You can see on the replay just how far off he was.
                          I noticed that two different times he tripped people but never got called. the first time was against Sturos on the first of the two goals. I think he had given up on the save and was just doing the tripping, hoping to get away with it and prevent the goal in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I noticed that two different times he tripped people but never got called. the first time was against Sturos on the first of the two goals. I think he had given up on the save and was just doing the tripping, hoping to get away with it and prevent the goal in the process.
                            Eh, I think the play happened too fast for a thought process like that. The puck was close to his goal stick, so he reacted. By the time he moved it, the puck was gone and Reid's legs were there.

Comment

Sure was fun going to a Wild game and getting to see an NMU goalie get shredded.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Big Question of the Week - Are we actually cheering for NMU (playing MSU) this coming weekend so we can lock up the #2 seed? Cheering for NMU seems sick in my mind, but I really don't want that going down to the final weekend. Tech (51 pts) needs MSU (42 pts) to gain 2 or less points this weekend to lock up the #2 seed as MSU holds the head-to-head tiebreaker with Tech. Even if NMU gains 4 pts this weekend, they could still miss the playoffs if Tech sweeps them and other teams win their games. So we could "thank" the Wildcats by potentially ending their season.
                                Ryan
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X