No announcement yet.

The College Hockey Championship Belt Part IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the WCHA belt simply become the CCHA belt? I haven't followed this thread enough to see if this was discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      Will the WCHA belt simply become the CCHA belt? I haven't followed this thread enough to see if this was discussed.
      Good question. My thoughts would be to convert it to a Former WCHA Belt, and allow all the former WCHA members compete for it (with LSSU starting off with the belt), and then dust off the old CCHA belt and award it to whoever wins the first game played between CCHA teams next season.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

NCHC Belt on the line this afternoon, as North Dakota takes on Minnesota Duluth.
        Thanks
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Will the WCHA belt simply become the CCHA belt? I haven't followed this thread enough to see if this was discussed.
          I asked if anyone had any opinion on that, and I don't think that I got any. That makes sense to me, but I still look for opinions.

There also is an old CCHA which since the beginning of last season has gone this way.
          10/18/2019 Bowling Green
          11/23/2019 Lake Superior State
          12/13/2019 Bowling Green
          12/14/2019 Lake Superior State
          01/10/2020 Alaska
          01/11/2020 Lake Superior State defeated Alaska in 3x3 OT and gets an Alternate Belt
          01/25/2020 Northern Michigan
          02/07/2020 Minnesota State
          03/19/2021 Northern Michigan (Belts unified)
          03/20/2021 Lake Superior State

I just updated this from the end of last year. Corrections are much appreciated. I would like to unify this with the CCHA whenever it happens. Comments?

The alternate mentioned above is
          01/11/2020 Lake Superior State defeated Alaska in 3x3 OT Alternate Belt
          02/22/2020 Northern Michigan
          01/08/2021 Lake Superior State
          02/07/2021 Northern Michigan
          02/21/2021 Bowling Green
          03/14/2021 Northern Michigan
          03/19/2021 Belts Unified

I regard this as the old CCHA
          Alaska (Fairbanks)
          Bowling Green
          Ferris
          Lake State
          Miami
          Michigan
          Michigan State
          Northern Michigan
          Notre Dame
          Ohio State
          Western Michigan
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good question. My thoughts would be to convert it to a Former WCHA Belt, and allow all the former WCHA members compete for it (with LSSU starting off with the belt), and then dust off the old CCHA belt and award it to whoever wins the first game played between CCHA teams next season.
            What do you mean by former WCHA. Do you mean the current members or those before the NCHC was founded? If its current, which means just adding the three UA teams and not counting St. Thomas, IMO it isn't really worth the trouble. If you want to add ND, Denver et al., then one would have to go back to find out where it is now.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

What do you mean by former WCHA. Do you mean the current members or those before the NCHC was founded? If its current, which means just adding the three UA teams and not counting St. Thomas, IMO it isn't really worth the trouble. If you want to add ND, Denver et al., then one would have to go back to find out where it is now.
              Former WCHA = all members that were a part of the WCHA at any time, including before the formation of the B1G. Notre Dame, Denver, et al. included.

My thoughts would be that it would retain the WCHA history up through the last WCHA game ever played (LSSU over Northern Michigan). LSSU would have the belt, and then all former members of the former conference would challenge for it.
              North Dakota

Comment

Former WCHA = all members that were a part of the WCHA at any time, including before the formation of the B1G. Notre Dame, Denver, et al. included.

My thoughts would be that it would retain the WCHA history up through the last WCHA game ever played (LSSU over Northern Michigan). LSSU would have the belt, and then all former members of the former conference would challenge for it.
                Before formation of the B1G, or before formation of the original CCHA? Could get complicated.

Comment

I asked if anyone had any opinion on that, and I don't think that I got any. That makes sense to me, but I still look for opinions.

There also is an old CCHA which since the beginning of last season has gone this way.
                  10/18/2019 Bowling Green
                  11/23/2019 Lake Superior State
                  12/13/2019 Bowling Green
                  12/14/2019 Lake Superior State
                  01/10/2020 Alaska
                  01/11/2020 Lake Superior State defeated Alaska in 3x3 OT and gets an Alternate Belt
                  02/07/2020 Minnesota State
                  03/19/2021 Northern Michigan (Belts unified)

I just updated this from the end of last year. Corrections are much appreciated. I would like to unify this with the CCHA whenever it happens. Comments?

The alternate mentioned above is
                  02/21/2021 Bowling Green
                  03/19/2021 Belts Unified

I regard this as the old CCHA
                  Alaska (Fairbanks)
                  Bowling Green
                  Ferris
                  Lake State
                  Miami
                  Michigan
                  Michigan State
                  Northern Michigan
                  Notre Dame
                  Ohio State
                  Western Michigan
                  Minnesota State?

Comment

Well, lets see if there are any opinions about that. If i understand that correctly, it would be all current members of the WCHA, B1G, and NCHC, except PSU, OSU, Miami, and WMU. Correct? (My memory on this isn't great.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

Minnesota State?
                      I will remove Mankato from that in a few hours. If anyone else wants to do it, it's fine with me.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, lets see if there are any opinions about that. If i understand that correctly, it would be all current members of the WCHA, B1G, and NCHC, except PSU, OSU, Miami, and WMU. Correct? (My memory on this isn't great.)
                        For the sake of clarity, here would be the eligible teams (any program that ever played in the Men's WCHA):
                        Alabama Huntsville
                        Alaska
                        Alaska Anchorage
                        Bemidji State
                        Bowling Green
                        Colorado College
                        Denver
                        Ferris State
                        Lake Superior State
                        Michigan
                        Michigan State
                        Michigan Tech
                        Minnesota
                        Minnesota Duluth
                        Minnesota State Mankato
                        Nebraska Omaha
                        North Dakota
                        Northern Michigan
                        Notre Dame
                        St. Cloud State
                        Wisconsin
                        North Dakota

Comment

I will remove Mankato from that in a few hours. If anyone else wants to do it, it's fine with me.
                          It actually seems simpler, assuming I made no other errors.

02/21/2020 Lake Superior State (Belts unified)
                          02/21/2021 Bowling Green

02/21/2020 Belts unified
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-27-2021, 02:42 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Saturday update
                            Code:
                                               Current Holder         Next Defense
                            The Belt           Cornell                2021-22
                            The Belt Alt 3x3   Minnesota              Minnesota State 03/28/2021
                            The Belt Alt SO    Massachusetts          Minnesota Duluth 04/08/2021
                            AHC Belt           American International 2021-22
                            B1G Belt           Minnesota              2021-22
                            ECAC Belt          Cornell                2021-22
                            ECAC Alt Belt      St. Lawrence           2021-22
                            HEA Belt           Massachusetts          NCAA Tourney at earliest
                            NCHC Belt          Minnesota Duluth       NCAA Tourney at earliest
                            WCHA Belt          Lake Superior State    2021-22
                            Ivy Belt           Cornell                2021-22
                            New England Belt   Massachusetts          NCAA Tourney at earliest
                            Connecticut Belt   Quinnipiac             2021-22
                            Massachusetts Belt Massachusetts          NCAA Tourney at earliest
                            Michigan Belt      Michigan Tech          2021-22
                            Minnesota Belt     Minnesota              Minnesota State 03/28/2021
                            New York Belt      Cornell                2021-22
                            D II Play up Belt  Lake Superior State    2021-22
                            D II P u Alt SO    American International 2021-22
                            D III Play up Belt Rensselaer             2021-22
                            Play up Belt       Rensselaer             2021-22
                            Corrections are always appreciated.
                            The winner of the NCAA tourney will get an alternate Belt because Cornell won't be defending. The existing alternates will be absorbed into it.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I think since LSSU already had the "old" CCHA belt have them start with it again in the 2021 season. But retire the WCHA belt. If you maintain and track it as a belt it might as well he the "West" belt since basically every western team would be eligible. It would be basically the western version of the New England Belt. But I think that one is a litle broad too, personally. I think the only belt that should have that many teams be eligible to get it is "The Belt" itself. The conference belts, the state belts, and the belt itself all make sense. I'm on the fence on the play-up belts but whatever. The New England and a potential WCHA/West belt seem a bit much.

But if you do the old WCHA, I say make it the West Belt. NCHC, BiG, and CCHA and any independent in the west (ASU and UAH and the Alaska schools if they survive) are eligible. HE, ECAC, ATLANTIC, LIU, all eligible for the East belt (former New England). I know with Air Force that is a little wonky but that is what comes with conference affiliation)
                              Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 03-28-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I think since LSSU already had the "old" CCHA belt have them start with it again in the 2021 season. But retire the WCHA belt. If you maintain and track it as a belt it might as well he the "West" belt since basically every western team would be eligible. It would be basically the western version of the New England Belt. But I think that one is a litle broad too, personally. I think the only belt that should have that many teams be eligible to get it is "The Belt" itself. The conference belts, the state belts, and the belt itself all make sense. I'm on the fence on the play-up belts but whatever. The New England and a potential WCHA/West belt seem a bit much.

But if you do the old WCHA, I say make it the West Belt. NCHC, BiG, and CCHA and any independent in the west (ASU and UAH and the Alaska schools if they survive) are eligible. HE, ECAC, ATLANTIC, LIU, all eligible for the East belt (former New England). I know with Air Force that is a little wonky but that is what comes with conference affiliation)
                                Thanks for your opinions and suggestions. I do agree that there are too may Belts, but ...

Whether I start the New CCHA Belt from the existing WCHA Belt or the existing WCHA Belt won't make much difference since they will be unified next season unless the existing CCHA Belt wanders off to a team now in the NCHC or B1G. It's LSSU's responsibility. :-) One could also start a completely new CCHA belt and award one or more to whichever teams win the first day that any game is played next season between two CCHA teams. I lean against doing that.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-28-2021, 10:09 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X