No announcement yet.

The College Hockey Championship Belt Part IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion would be to transfer belts upon a win in 3x3 OT, since it's now an NCAA rule. For the sake of completeness, I would keep the current alternates in play until they are combined, but no longer create new alternates. I would still keep alternates for shootouts, for those leagues that use them. My 2 cents...
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Comment

• I would stick with alternates. 3v3 is not real hockey and is not used in postseason play for a reason

Comment

• Since the 3 x 3 is becoming universal, no alternate needed. But the shoot out or sudden death shoot out, Oh my no! (they are fun when you win-thank you Troy Terry.)
        GO DU !!!

Comment

• Unless it becomes universal for every league, keep it separate. Or does this mean that all leagues must use 5v5 for 5 then go to 3v3?

I tend to agree with the premise this is stupid human tricks. But then again, rules change and so must we.

I also tend to agree that unless it’s the same rules in the playoffs, then clearly there’s a distinction between the two in terms of legitimacy.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Unless it becomes universal for every league, keep it separate. Or does this mean that all leagues must use 5v5 for 5 then go to 3v3?

I tend to agree with the premise this is stupid human tricks. But then again, rules change and so must we.

I also tend to agree that unless it’s the same rules in the playoffs, then clearly there’s a distinction between the two in terms of legitimacy.
            Unless I am mistaken, all leagues will use 3x3 instead of 5x5 after 60 minutes. The shootout after that will only be in some leagues.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Oh ffs. Ish.

Well, I guess I see why you want nothing to do with alts for that.

My heart says if it’s not good enough for the playoffs...
              my head says, “Jeeze, give it a rest, jerry”
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Unless I am mistaken, all leagues will use 3x3 instead of 5x5 after 60 minutes. The shootout after that will only be in some leagues.
                To me, if the results of a 3x3 overtime are entered into the RPI calculations as a win or loss, then we should recognize that is the law of the land. "What does the RPI accept" seems to be a good road map.

To the extent some leagues persist with shootouts or other forms of completing games that the RPI ignores, I think we are safe to either ignore those results or award alternate belts (honestly, I'd be fine with referring to them as ties for the purposes of belts, but to each their own).

Comment

• If anyone wants to take this over, please reply or send me an email to the address on my page. If RPI doesn't play this season, which is getting more and more likely, I will have zero enthusiasm for this. Corrections and additions are, of course, also appreciated.

Unless there are more opinions, pro or con, I am leaning to counting the 3x3 OTs as normal OT since everyone who is playing will be using them. Existing 3x3 Alternate Belts will still be tracked and will disappear when they get unified.

Code:
                                     Current Holder         Next Defense
                  The Belt           Cornell                TBD
                  The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Arizona State 11/14/20
                  The Belt Alt SO    Maine                  TBD
                  AHC Belt           Sacred Heart           Army 11/27/20
                  B1G Belt           Penn State             Minnesota 11/19/20
                  B1G Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Wisconsin 11/19/20
                  B1G Belt Alt SO    Minnesota              Penn State 11/19/20
                  ECAC Belt          Cornell                TBD
                  HEA Belt           Maine                  TBD
                  NCHC Belt          Minnesota Duluth       Denver 12/02/20
                  WCHA Belt          Minnesota State        Bemidji State 11/20/20
                  Ivy Belt           Cornell                TBD
                  New England Belt   Boston College         TBD
                  Connecticut Belt   Sacred Heart           Quinnipiac 11/24/20
                  Massachusetts Belt Boston College         TBD
                  Michigan Belt      Michigan Tech          Lake Superior 11/21/20
                  Minnesota Belt     Minnesota              TBD
                  New York Belt      Cornell                TBD
                  D II Play up Belt  Minnesota State        Bemidji State 11/20/20
                  D II P u Alt SO    American International Bentley 12/18/20
                  D III Play up Belt Rensselaer             TBD
                  Play up Belt       Rensselaer             TBD

Corrections are always appreciated.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-11-2020, 08:39 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• some updates

Code:
                    The Belt           Cornell                2021-22
                    The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Arizona State 11/14/20
                    The Belt Alt SO    Maine                  Massachusetts 11/20/20
                    ECAC Belt          Cornell                2021-22
                    HEA Belt           Maine                  Massachusetts 11/20/20
                    Ivy Belt           Cornell                2021-22
                    New England Belt   Boston College         New Hampshire 11/20/20
                    Massachusetts Belt Boston College         Massachusetts Lowell 12/04/20
                    New York Belt      Cornell                2021-22
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Saturday update
                      Code:
                      The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Arizona State 11/15/20
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Sunday update
                        Code:
                        The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Wisconsin 11/19/20
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• :-(

Code:
                          The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Wisconsin 11/19/20
                          D III Play up Belt Rensselaer             2021-22
                          Play up Belt       Rensselaer             2021-22
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Thursday update
                            Code:
                            The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Wisconsin 11/20/20
                            B1G Belt           Minnesota              Penn State 11/20/20
                            B1G Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Wisconsin 11/20/20
                            Connecticut Belt   Sacred Heart           Quinnipiac 12/15/20
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-20-2020, 06:07 AM. Reason: fixed CT belt
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Friday update
                              Code:
                              The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Notre Dame 11/27/2020
                              The Belt Alt SO    Maine                  Connecticut 11/28/2020
                              AHC Belt           Sacred Heart           Army 11/27/2020
                              B1G Belt           Minnesota              Ohio State 11/23/2020
                              B1G Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Notre Dame 11/27/2020
                              HEA Belt           Maine                  Connecticut 11/28/2020
                              WCHA Belt          Minnesota State        Bemidji State 11/22/2020
                              New England Belt   Boston College         New Hampshire 11/21/2020
                              Connecticut Belt   Sacred Heart           Quinnipiac 12/15/2020
                              Massachusetts Belt Boston College         Massachusetts Lowell 12/04/2020
                              Michigan Belt      Michigan Tech          Lake Superior 11/21/2020
                              D II Play up Belt  Minnesota State        Bemidji State 11/22/2020
                              D II P u Alt SO    American International Bentley 12/18/2020
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Saturday update
                                Code:
                                The Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Notre Dame 11/27/2020
                                The Belt Alt SO    Maine                  Connecticut 11/28/2020
                                AHC Belt           Sacred Heart           American International 12/01/2020
                                B1G Belt           Minnesota              Ohio State 11/23/2020
                                B1G Belt Alt 3x3   Michigan               Notre Dame 11/27/2020
                                HEA Belt           Maine                  Connecticut 11/28/2020
                                WCHA Belt          Minnesota State        Bemidji State 11/22/2020
                                New England Belt   Boston College         Providence 11/27/2020
                                Connecticut Belt   Sacred Heart           Quinnipiac 12/15/2020
                                Massachusetts Belt Boston College         Massachusetts Lowell 12/04/2020
                                Michigan Belt      Michigan Tech          Lake Superior 11/22/2020
                                Mich Belt Alt SO   Lake Superior          Michigan Tech 11/22/2020
                                D II Play up Belt  Minnesota State        Bemidji State 11/22/2020
                                D II P u Alt SO    American International Bentley 12/18/2020
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-21-2020, 09:51 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X