No announcement yet.

The College Hockey Championship Belt Part IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion would be to transfer belts upon a win in 3x3 OT, since it's now an NCAA rule. For the sake of completeness, I would keep the current alternates in play until they are combined, but no longer create new alternates. I would still keep alternates for shootouts, for those leagues that use them. My 2 cents...
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Comment

• I would stick with alternates. 3v3 is not real hockey and is not used in postseason play for a reason

Comment

• Since the 3 x 3 is becoming universal, no alternate needed. But the shoot out or sudden death shoot out, Oh my no! (they are fun when you win-thank you Troy Terry.)
        GO DU !!!

Comment

• Unless it becomes universal for every league, keep it separate. Or does this mean that all leagues must use 5v5 for 5 then go to 3v3?

I tend to agree with the premise this is stupid human tricks. But then again, rules change and so must we.

I also tend to agree that unless it’s the same rules in the playoffs, then clearly there’s a distinction between the two in terms of legitimacy.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Unless it becomes universal for every league, keep it separate. Or does this mean that all leagues must use 5v5 for 5 then go to 3v3?

I tend to agree with the premise this is stupid human tricks. But then again, rules change and so must we.

I also tend to agree that unless it’s the same rules in the playoffs, then clearly there’s a distinction between the two in terms of legitimacy.
            Unless I am mistaken, all leagues will use 3x3 instead of 5x5 after 60 minutes. The shootout after that will only be in some leagues.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Oh ffs. Ish.

Well, I guess I see why you want nothing to do with alts for that.

My heart says if it’s not good enough for the playoffs...
              my head says, “Jeeze, give it a rest, jerry”
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Unless I am mistaken, all leagues will use 3x3 instead of 5x5 after 60 minutes. The shootout after that will only be in some leagues.
                To me, if the results of a 3x3 overtime are entered into the RPI calculations as a win or loss, then we should recognize that is the law of the land. "What does the RPI accept" seems to be a good road map.

To the extent some leagues persist with shootouts or other forms of completing games that the RPI ignores, I think we are safe to either ignore those results or award alternate belts (honestly, I'd be fine with referring to them as ties for the purposes of belts, but to each their own).

Comment

Working...
                X