Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future WCHA Final 5 in a 12 team league

Originally posted by nuke View Post
    Sounds great to me. The 3rd place game was always pretty much a drag. The only downside I see is that there is only one game on Saturday. Not much can be done about that though.

It's time to stop giving Minnesota the advantage too. Or more importantly, penalizing other teams for not being Minnesota.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyAddict View Post
    Eliminate the thrid place game. Play the two play in/quarter final games on friday, the two semi final games on saturday, and the championship game on sunday. The CCHA had a big problem with attendence for the Thursday afternoon game when they had six teams playing.
    I guarantee if a big rivalry like Wisconsin vs. Minnesota or UND vs. UAA will fill the building.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I guarantee if a big rivalry like Wisconsin vs. Minnesota or UND vs. UAA will fill the building.
      This is the reality. EVERYONE in the WCHA benefits financially from the Gophers playing the prime time game.
      Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
      Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
        This is the reality. EVERYONE in the WCHA benefits financially from the Gophers playing the prime time game.
        Not just tickets. TV/radio revenue. You have to think about the big picture.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Don't they announce the NCAA tourney field on the Sunday after the F5 concludes? I don't think you could have the champ game on Sunday if they've already announced the field.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

More money means better players which equals NCAA championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Not just tickets. TV/radio revenue. You have to think about the big picture.
              More money means better players which equals NCAA championships.
              Absolutely. I couldn't agree more.
              Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Don't they announce the NCAA tourney field on the Sunday after the F5 concludes? I don't think you could have the champ game on Sunday if they've already announced the field.
              The announcement is at 10:30 AM CT on ESPN2, if I am not mistaken. Judging by that time slot and the audience, I think they could probably delay the seedings until the F5 was over without losing too much sleep
              Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more.

The announcement is at 10:30 AM CT on ESPN2, if I am not mistaken. Judging by that time slot and the audience, I think they could probably delay the seedings until the F5 was over without losing too much sleep
                Not really, because then it might take up a slot on ESPN that pre-empts a rerun of "World's Strongest Man" or "WSoP 2008."
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Not really, because then it might take up a slot on ESPN that pre-empts a rerun of "World's Strongest Man" or "WSoP 2008."
                  Touché. Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking
                  Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Here's an idea, I am saying an G1, etc but it also could be some sort of series and would probably make more sense as a series with 2 games and a mini-game first to 3 points.

G1: 9 vs. 12
                    G2: 10 vs. 11

These probably should be series maybe again the two games plus mini-game

G3: WG1 vs. 1
                    G4: WG2 vs. 2
                    G5: 3 vs. 8
                    G6: 4 vs. 7
                    G7: 5 vs. 6

Take the five winners of games 3-7 and put them into the Final Five. Reseeding would be a viable option. However thinking logically the chances of either of the top 2 teams losing series before final 5 is unlikely. And I would say that with 12 teams even the number 3 team losing the series is unlikely. So maybe the 7th place regular season team is the 4 seed against the 5th or 6th team not a big deal as no real advantage is gained. So it would look like this at the final 5.

G8: W6 vs. W7
                    G9: W4 vs. W5
                    G10: W8 vs. W3
                    G11: L9 vs. Loser 10
                    G12: W9 vs. W10

With this many games (many if series is used for first two rounds) this late in the season versus good teams the WCHA could increase WCHA's #of NCAA tourney teams some years.
                    Voice of UWRF Athletics 2007-
                    Voice of River Falls High School Athletics 2007-
                    Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball-2010
                    Eau Claire Express Baseball-2011

Comment

Man, all this sh** is whack!!!!!
                      PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

hey its keeps the traditional final 5 that was all i was shooting for
                        Voice of UWRF Athletics 2007-
                        Voice of River Falls High School Athletics 2007-
                        Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball-2010
                        Eau Claire Express Baseball-2011

Comment

I don't want to benefit financially by those dooshes getting the night game regardless of seeding. How about they just...ya know...be fair.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            I don't want to benefit financially by those dooshes getting the night game regardless of seeding. How about they just...ya know...be fair.
                            Fair?

Life isn't fair.

Since, you obviously have a problem why don't you write to Doug and express your problems with the WCHA not being fair. If the WCHA had a problem with being fair don't you think they would have changed the problem years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              You might not want to see the financial benefit, but I bet your school would like to.
                              Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Fair?

Life isn't fair.

Since, you obviously have a problem why don't you write to Doug and express your problems with the WCHA not being fair. If the WCHA had a problem with being fair don't you think they would have changed the problem years ago?
                                Of course they don't have a problem with it. Who said they did? I said I have a problem with it. And life isn't fair because you have fingers and are able to use a keyboard.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X