• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/20 & 1/21

Originally posted by BuB View Post
    Is there any way we can get Frank Mazzocco and Bill Howard together to call these games - just for old times sake? At least each team would have one guy pulling for them in the booth that way.
    I might be in the minority of Gopher fans but I liked it when FSN brought in Sagissor to tag team with the hometown broadcast crew. I enjoyed his enthusiasm and never felt it was an over the top homer.

Leave a comment:

• BuB
    replied

Is there any way we can get Frank Mazzocco and Bill Howard together to call these games - just for old times sake? At least each team would have one guy pulling for them in the booth that way.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Buck the Fadgers.

Might have to get me some Premo this weekend, for old time's sake. And then watch the beatdown that MN gives WI.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

The Gophers should sweep, but if not the players at least know they will be out of that sorry excuse for a state by Sunday a.m.

BDTR!

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

6er's of Alaskan err thinner: check. Hate: check. Tickets for Saturday night: check.

Wisconsin may give up 10 goals this weekend but they could also score 12 and make us very happy.

What was it the D used to tell Jim Carey? "Hold em' to three and we'll win"...I'd love to see some of that swagger emerge with G2O's squads.

Maybe Duane Derksen and say Kelly Fairchild, Paul Ranheim or Steve Tuttle could come back and give the boys a quick pep talk. Fly in Mellanby and CUJO as well. This series will be a great barometer of uw's progress.
    Last edited by solovsfett; 01-16-2017, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

I assume there will be a shortage of paint thinner due to the packers, but I expect an easy sweep.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    I would also add we didn't lose on our bye weeks.
    FYP...and not losing on your bye weeks is an improvement. I'd really like nothing more than for UW and UM to sweep the ccha imports under the rug and cast the adopted stepchild in front of a train. Let's make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    The Battle of Bad Goaltending
    I can't necessarily argue with that one. I don't know anything about the rodent goaltending situation other than they always suck. I think G2O will have Berry and Jurusik each start a game. Jurusik makes me very nervous but he's more athletic than Berry, who is more consistent. I'd go with Berry for both.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

The Battle of Bad Goaltending

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    The Gophers received some terrible news following Saturday's game against Michigan: center Tommy Novak will miss the rest of the season due to injury. While there are bodies available to fill the hole I'm concerned that his absence will have a negative impact on the chemistry we've seen develop since just before the winter break. After a lot of early season line-juggling Minnesota's coaches have settled in with a top line of Pitlick/Kloos/Sheehy with Novak anchoring the second line. Although I would expect the first line to remain intact it remains to be seen how lines 2-4 will be put together. Coming off a hat trick on Saturday, Vinni Lettieri has been very effective at his right wing position on Novak's line, but I wonder if the coaches will now decide to move him to center where he's had some previous experience? If I recall correctly the last time he played center was back in early November against North Dakota. Another option would be to slide current third line center Mike Szmatula up to the second and then patching up lines three and four with whatever works best in practice this week.

Of course injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and teams have to adjust. It's just too bad this one is serious enough to cause such a good player like Novak to miss almost a half season, coming at a time right before the Gophers play a much-improved opponent in Wisconsin, a team that's coming off a series sweep over Michigan State and will again have home ice advantage vs. the Gophers.

Given the circumstances I'd be OK with a split in this one.
    I was wondring if this might be the case as soon as I saw the replay and how he left the ice. Sucks.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

The Gophers received some terrible news following Saturday's game against Michigan: center Tommy Novak will miss the rest of the season due to injury. While there are bodies available to fill the hole I'm concerned that his absence will have a negative impact on the chemistry we've seen develop since just before the winter break. After a lot of early season line-juggling Minnesota's coaches have settled in with a top line of Pitlick/Kloos/Sheehy with Novak anchoring the second line. Although I would expect the first line to remain intact it remains to be seen how lines 2-4 will be put together. Coming off a hat trick on Saturday, Vinni Lettieri has been very effective at his right wing position on Novak's line, but I wonder if the coaches will now decide to move him to center where he's had some previous experience? If I recall correctly the last time he played center was back in early November against North Dakota. Another option would be to slide current third line center Mike Szmatula up to the second and then patching up lines three and four with whatever works best in practice this week.

Of course injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and teams have to adjust. It's just too bad this one is serious enough to cause such a good player like Novak to miss almost a half season, coming at a time right before the Gophers play a much-improved opponent in Wisconsin, a team that's coming off a series sweep over Michigan State and will again have home ice advantage vs. the Gophers.

Given the circumstances I'd be OK with a split in this one.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    So the rodents had a bye week too last week eh?
    I have no problem admitting the Gophers had several bye weeks recently - Michigan, Mass, Mercyhurst...including 6 of the last 8 games at home with the other two being at MSU.

I would also add we don't lose on our bye weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Minnesota travels to Madison to take on the Badgers Friday night at 7pm (FSN) and Saturday at 5pm (FSN). Wisconsin is coming off a bye week while Minnesota swept Michigan at Mariucci.
    So the rodents had a bye week too last week eh?

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    started a topic Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/20 & 1/21

Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/20 & 1/21

Minnesota travels to Madison to take on the Badgers Friday night at 7pm (FSN) and Saturday at 5pm (FSN). Wisconsin is coming off a bye week while Minnesota swept Michigan at Mariucci.

Go
Working...
X