Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/20 & 1/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/20 & 1/21

UW and MN are fairly competitive. I would say when both are on their game, MN is better. Lots of blame to throw around at GPL, but the Gophers were thoroughly gassed for the second half of Saturday - credit WI for that.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      I would say when both are on their game, MN is better.
      Yes, except in goal.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's nice to see Wisconsin being competitive again but honestly neither team looks like the days of decades past. Since, the Big Ten started It's painful watching mediocre hockey. Go Wild! I mean go Big Ten.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Lolwut?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            It's nice to see Wisconsin being competitive again but honestly neither team looks like the days of decades past.
            Not fair - let alone possible - to compare teams of today to those "of decades past". But hockey has improved so much (especially defense and goaltending) that I have no doubt that either team today would have no problem beating the teams of 20 years ago.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Not fair - let alone possible - to compare teams of today to those "of decades past". But hockey has improved so much (especially defense and goaltending) that I have no doubt that either team today would have no problem beating the teams of 20 years ago.
              I agree the teams of today would beat teams 20 years ago. My point, both schools are not dominate like they were 20 to 30 years ago. Today they are mediocre.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I agree the teams of today would beat teams 20 years ago. My point, both schools are not dominate like they were 20 to 30 years ago. Today they are mediocre.
                What ranking do you need to have so that you're no longer regarded as "mediocre"?

Comment

Maybe not miss the tournament four times out of eight years...

Comment

Self-entitled Debbie Downers are the best at every party!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Maybe not miss the tournament four times out of eight years...
                      Well there's that, but 4four4 did say "today" when he called them "mediocre".
                      Honestly in Minnesota's case this year I would give them at least a B, and probably a B+ based on their play the past two weekends and their #7 PairWise rank.
                      And if there is a more improved team in the country than Wisconsin, please submit your nominations! They're now 5-1 since the break, with their only loss coming to the Gophers in O.T.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Well there's that, but 4four4 did say "today" when he called them "mediocre".
                        Honestly in Minnesota's case this year I would give them at least a B, and probably a B+ based on their play the past two weekends and their #7 PairWise rank.
                        And if there is a more improved team in the country than Wisconsin, please submit your nominations! They're now 5-1 since the break, with their only loss coming to the Gophers in O.T.
                        Got a lot of flack when I put UW as fighting MN for tops in the B1G this year.

I'd put MN at a B so far. All else considered, they are about a home sweep of PSU and UW away from a B+.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Dominant” and “dominate” sound somewhat alike, but they can’t be used interchangeably.

“Dominant” is an adjective, meaning it is used to describe a subject. It is defined as having or exerting authority or influence, or occupying or being in a commanding or elevated position. For example, “Wheat is the dominant crop in many parts of North Dakota.” “Which is the dominant gene?”

“Dominate” is a verb. It means to rule over, have control of, tower over or overshadow. For example: “The instructor dominates the class.” “Successful leaders dominate events rather than react to them.”

Comment

There's a chance the Badgers now have the bug that went through most of our team last week and bring it with them this weekend. Isn't it fun to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              There's a chance the Badgers now have the bug that went through most of our team last week and bring it with them this weekend. Isn't it fun to share?
                              At least you didn't try to gas UW like Lindenwood did to the UW women's team.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X