Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC-BU weekend

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Wanted all three. But since one is gone, I'll settle for the next two. Nothing less.
    How about next ONE?

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: BC-BU weekend

      Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
      How about next ONE?
      As long as it isn't like 2005-2006 when BU beat BC 4 (5?) times only to get blanked by them in the NCAAs.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: BC-BU weekend

        Originally posted by Tater View Post
        As long as it isn't like 2005-2006 when BU beat BC 4 (5?) times only to get blanked by them in the NCAAs.
        Four. We lost the first game of the three conference games, stole the Beanpot on the MacArthur baseball goal, stole the HE championship game when Curry stood on his head, then had to play them again a week later in the NCAA and finally gave in. Neither team's roster is comparable to those two teams' roster, however. Not necessarily worse or better, just very different compilation of players.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: BC-BU weekend

          Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Four. We lost the first game of the three conference games, stole the Beanpot on the MacArthur baseball goal, stole the HE championship game when Curry stood on his head, then had to play them again a week later in the NCAA and finally gave in. Neither team's roster is comparable to those two teams' roster, however. Not necessarily worse or better, just very different compilation of players.
          The talent in Hockey East is nowhere near the 2005 era...
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: BC-BU weekend

            Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            The talent in Hockey East is nowhere near the 2005 era...
            Curry, Boyle, Gerbe, and Schneider would still be dominant in today's league. BU's freshman class from that year would still be a good class in this league.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: BC-BU weekend

              Originally posted by Tater View Post
              As long as it isn't like 2005-2006 when BU beat BC 4 (5?) times only to get blanked by them in the NCAAs.
              Well, BC would have to make the NCAAs for any chance of that happening. Looks like far from a guarantee right now.

              BC's biggest problem is quite simple, lack of finishers. I don't know how you fix that, if it can be fixed in the first place.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

              Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

              BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: BC-BU weekend

                Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                Well, BC would have to make the NCAAs for any chance of that happening. Looks like far from a guarantee right now.

                BC's biggest problem is quite simple, lack of finishers. I don't know how you fix that, if it can be fixed in the first place.
                The only thing that BC has that is usually a staple of a championship team is an elite goalie. They don't have the scorers OR the discipline to win a championship. Celebrating a consolation game victory is as close as this team is going to get to a trophy.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: BC-BU weekend

                  They had the discipline this weekend at least. Only three minors in each game. A miracle!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: BC-BU weekend

                    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    They had the discipline this weekend at least. Only three minors in each game. A miracle!
                    Somewhat true but... Quality over quantity. That penalty with 3 mins left was totally bogus, happened right in front of me. But the White penalty after that...
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: BC-BU weekend

                      Well this makes it seem like having this game on a holiday when students are barely back was an awesome idea. Why'd ya have to sell out the joint? They may never move these games now.

                      https://mobile.twitter.com/BriSmi22/...62718426185728

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: BC-BU weekend

                        Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Well this makes it seem like having this game on a holiday when students are barely back was an awesome idea. Why'd ya have to sell out the joint? They may never move these games now.

                        https://mobile.twitter.com/BriSmi22/...62718426185728
                        People are packed in like sardines in those bleacher seats.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X