2009-10 D1 Pick-em'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-10 D1 Pick-em'

I thought I'd crank up the "Second Annual D1-wide Predictions" for 2009-2010 season. Launch it by clicking "Click" below.

A couple of things that still hold true:
    1. Don't quote this message in any replies you have (pretty please).
    2. If you somehow have problems submitting, just send yours to me and I'll make sure they get in.
    3. Good luck

p.s. U don't need to do all 6 leagues in one sitting - U can return as often as needed.

Click
    Last edited by owslachief; 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM.

Re: 2009-10 D1 Pick-em'

All done.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

I dunno what kinda scripting magic you got going on there, but every time I click or even mouseover at the area around your "click" link, my browser freezes up. First time or two I thought it was a coincidence, but 4 or 5 times in a row... Yeah. I'm guessing it's something to link your USCHO account to the page, since I looked at the source and got the link from there and it gave me an error message. Anyway, I dunno if I'm the only person it's doing that for, but something might need some tweaking.

Comment

No problems--except who to pick

Well, #1 in the WCHA wasn't hard.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

*Hockey East* ~ 1.UMass-Lowell~2.Boston College~3.Vermont~4.BU~5.UNH~6.UMass~7.Maine~8.Nor theastern~9.Merrimack~10.Providence ~~~ UMass-Lowell wins Hockey East Regular Season Title with Boston College winning the Post Season Title in Hockey East.....

Comment

WCHA..~1.Denver~2.North Dakota~3.Wisconsin~4.Minnesota~5.Minn.State~6.Colo rado College~7.Alaska Anchorage~8.Minn.Duluth~9.St.Cloud State~10.Mich Tech.....Denver wins regular and Post season. ****** CCHA..~1.Miami/Ohio~2.Michigan~3.Notre Dame~4.Ohio State~5.Mich.State~6.North.Michigan~7.Neb./Omaha~8.West.Michigan~9.Alaska~10.Ferris State~11.Lake State~12.Bowling Green.....Miami/Ohio wins regular season and Michigan wins Post season. *****ECAC..~1.Princeton~2.Cornell~3.Clarkson~4.Qui nnipiac~5.Harvard~6.St.Lawrence~7.Yale~8.Dartmouth ~9.Colgate~10.RPI~11.Union~12.Brown.....Princton wins both the regular season and Post season. ******AHA..~1.Air Force~2.Mercyhurst~3.RIT~4.Holy Cross~5.Canisius~6.Sacred Heart~7.UConn.~8.Bentley~9.Army~10.American Int'l.....Air Force wins regular season and Mercyhurst wins the Post season. *****CHA..~1.Niagara~2.Bemidji State~3.Ala.Huntsville~4.Robert Morris.....Niagara wins both the regular season and Post season.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
              WCHA..~1.Denver~2.North Dakota~3.Wisconsin~4.Minnesota~5.Minn.State~6.Colo rado College~7.Alaska Anchorage~8.Minn.Duluth~9.St.Cloud State~10.Mich Tech.....Denver wins regular and Post season. ****** CCHA..~1.Miami/Ohio~2.Michigan~3.Notre Dame~4.Ohio State~5.Mich.State~6.North.Michigan~7.Neb./Omaha~8.West.Michigan~9.Alaska~10.Ferris State~11.Lake State~12.Bowling Green.....Miami/Ohio wins regular season and Michigan wins Post season. *****ECAC..~1.Princeton~2.Cornell~3.Clarkson~4.Qui nnipiac~5.Harvard~6.St.Lawrence~7.Yale~8.Dartmouth ~9.Colgate~10.RPI~11.Union~12.Brown.....Princton wins both the regular season and Post season. ******AHA..~1.Air Force~2.Mercyhurst~3.RIT~4.Holy Cross~5.Canisius~6.Sacred Heart~7.UConn.~8.Bentley~9.Army~10.American Int'l.....Air Force wins regular season and Mercyhurst wins the Post season. *****CHA..~1.Niagara~2.Bemidji State~3.Ala.Huntsville~4.Robert Morris.....Niagara wins both the regular season and Post season.
              SCSU 9th? I hate those stupid Huskies as much as the next guy, but I can't see them finishing 9th. They lose no one of importance (no offense to John Swanson and other outgoing seniors), they are at least even at goalie, maybe even an upgrade in Mike Lee (yes, he's a freshman so he has a lot to prove, but he's **** good from what I've seen), and arguably the best scoring punch in the WCHA (Roe and Lasch) are back for their junior and senior seasons respectively. And they finished 6th last year and could have been higher if they hadn't choked against Minnesota State the last weekend of the regular season. Then again, this is merely your prediction. So it doesn't matter. Just sayin' though.

Comment

*Hockey East* ~ 1.UMass-Lowell~2.Boston College~3.Vermont~4.BU~5.UNH~6.UMass~7.Maine~8.Nor theastern~9.Merrimack~10.Providence ~~~ UMass-Lowell wins Hockey East Regular Season Title with Boston College winning the Post Season Title in Hockey East.....
                bc jumps to 2nd after losing ferraro and bradford and having muse out til thanksgiving? thats quite a stretch.
                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

also duluth 7th? hjelle is a good goaltender he just had to sit a lot due to stalock. plus, there is way more to them than macgregor sharpe so if your basing this off of him leaving then id say wrong.
                  Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                    also duluth 7th? hjelle is a good goaltender he just had to sit a lot due to stalock. plus, there is way more to them than macgregor sharpe so if your basing this off of him leaving then id say wrong.
                    Well he has Duluth 8th, and to be honest, even with Stalock and Sharp, they finished 7th last year. 8th might be a little low, but not crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                      SCSU 9th? I hate those stupid Huskies as much as the next guy, but I can't see them finishing 9th. They lose no one of importance (no offense to John Swanson and other outgoing seniors), they are at least even at goalie, maybe even an upgrade in Mike Lee (yes, he's a freshman so he has a lot to prove, but he's **** good from what I've seen), and arguably the best scoring punch in the WCHA (Roe and Lasch) are back for their junior and senior seasons respectively. And they finished 6th last year and could have been higher if they hadn't choked against Minnesota State the last weekend of the regular season. Then again, this is merely your prediction. So it doesn't matter. Just sayin' though.

Well Woslosky sp? just left so that will hurt them, but I still have them finishing 3rd behind Den and UND. Im also not high On Duluth and had them picked 7th. Pretty even year in the WCHA this year. Minny will be better and UND will be UND. Den on paper should stand out but they have been inconsistant over the past few years. Not sold on CC and Wis has a lot of proving to do I have them in 8th.

As for Hockey east, I picked BC first before knowing Muse was out. But Their freshman class is really strong and I think BU will be a little down based on what they lost and Milian will come back down to earth. However I did pick BU to finish second in front of UNH third and Vermont 4th. UML 5th and Northeaster 6th. Should be another tough battle in the conference.

and for the CCHA, well I went homer but dont think its a far out pick so I went MIA 1 ND 2 Mich 3 and I took N. Michigan 4th, but think it will be a battle between them and OSU for the 4th spot. Have Alaska 6th UNO 7th Ferris 8th and MSU at 9th, I think it will be another long year for sparty...
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        SCSU 9th? I hate those stupid Huskies as much as the next guy, but I can't see them finishing 9th. They lose no one of importance (no offense to John Swanson and other outgoing seniors),
                        None taken!

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                        Hjelle is good, but they are losing Stalock, Sharp, Oberg, Carroll, Cascalenda, Meyers... lotta guys that mean a lot to tUMD last year. Dylan Olsen is leading a tUMD incoming class that's supposed to be pretty talented, but with them losing as much as they are, its not ridiculous to predict them going down a little, and a 7th place finish is predicting them to stay the same.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

ECAC

Yale
                          Cornell
                          Princeton
                          RPI
                          Harvard
                          Union
                          Dartmouth
                          Clarkson
                          Quinnipiac
                          SLU
                          Colgate
                          Brown
                          RIT Tigers
                          2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                          2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                            ECAC

Yale
                            Cornell
                            Princeton
                            RPI
                            Harvard
                            Union
                            Dartmouth
                            Clarkson
                            Quinnipiac
                            SLU
                            Colgate
                            Brown
                            Wow. A bit of a homer pick, there. Bumping Red all the way from 11th in the conference to a first-round bye? I mean, I know they had a good postseason and all. But still.

I gave them home-ice for the first round and I'm still not entirely convinced they'll get it. I would love for them to have home ice (or even that first-round bye). Just not entirely plausible, I'm thinking
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Wow. A bit of a homer pick, there. Bumping Red all the way from 11th in the conference to a first-round bye? I mean, I know they had a good postseason and all. But still.

I gave them home-ice for the first round and I'm still not entirely convinced they'll get it. I would love for them to have home ice (or even that first-round bye). Just not entirely plausible, I'm thinking
                              Perhaps a little optimistic but this is the ECAC and anything can happen. RPI finished well and the incoming talent looks good on paper.Heck Yale will be the runaway coach & media pick for first and they don`t have a proven goalie!

Comment

Working...
                              X