X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2017 and Beyond

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Our other thread barely hanging onto the bottom rung of the first page; not a good metaphorical omen.
    Maybe UNH will be relegated to D-II or D-III??
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Hockey East recruiting class rankings

https://www.hockeyjournal.com/hockey...018-19-season/
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Hockey East recruiting class rankings

https://www.hockeyjournal.com/hockey...018-19-season/
        Why post something that only paid subscription users can view??
        UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I mean, it's kind of obvious.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Nothing in life is for free. Restaurants advertise for food you have to pay for. Clothing stores, car dealerships, I could go on. Most major newspapers and magazines and other recruiting websites charge.

I’m not forcing anyone to subscribe but plenty of people do. I work hard to try and provide quality content. I go to countless junior, prep, midget and high school games across North America.

Comment

Nothing in life is for free. Restaurants advertise for food you have to pay for. Clothing stores, car dealerships, I could go on. Most major newspapers and magazines and other recruiting websites charge.

I’m not forcing anyone to subscribe but plenty of people do. I work hard to try and provide quality content. I go to countless junior, prep, midget and high school games across North America.
              Yeah, I get that. I'm not attacking your livelihood, nor am I diminishing the info you have provided "free of charge" in the past. I have paid subscriptions to several online magazines, unfortunately New England Hockey Journal doesn't happen to be one of them. You're assuming that everyone who reads these threads is a paid subscriber to New England Hockey Journal, which is a false assumption. My point is why post something that is only available to paid subscribers?

That being said...I agree with Nick, it's quite obvious.
              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Yeah, I get that. I'm not attacking your livelihood, nor am I diminishing the info you have provided "free of charge" in the past. I have paid subscriptions to several online magazines, unfortunately New England Hockey Journal doesn't happen to be one of them. You're assuming that everyone who reads these threads is a paid subscriber to New England Hockey Journal, which is a false assumption. My point is why post something that is only available to paid subscribers?

That being said...I agree with Nick, it's quite obvious.
                I post in hopes people will subscribe. It’s not really a shock. As I said, just as every grocery store, car dealership, etc. advertise for things that will cost money. I mean no disrespect. I’m just confused by your lack of understanding that companies advertise all the time for products that aren’t free.

I don’t assume people are paid subscribers at all. We have just under 1,000 and like all businesses are looking to grow.

Thanks for your time.
                Last edited by CollegeHockeyRinkReport; 09-06-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Neutral Zone scouting service's national ranking of Hockey East freshman classes (out of a total of 60 Division I programs):
                  Providence - 2nd
                  UConn - 4th
                  BC - 10th
                  UMass Amherst - 13th
                  BU - 14th
                  UMass Lowell - 15th
                  UNH** - 24th
                  Merrimack - 26th
                  Northeastern - 31st
                  Vermont - 46th
                  Maine - 55th

**UNH's ranking does not include Filip Engarås (Stockholm, Sweden). Neutral Zone does not typically provide an assessment of an international player who has not yet played hockey in North America. In my opinion, if Engarås had been evaluated by NZ, UNH's ranking probably would have risen one or two slots.
                  Last edited by C-H-C; 09-06-2018, 03:00 PM.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

I post in hopes people will subscribe. It’s not really a shock. As I said, just as every grocery store, car dealership, etc. advertise for things that will cost money. I mean no disrespect. I’m just confused by your lack of understanding that companies advertise all the time for products that aren’t free.

I don’t assume people are paid subscribers at all. We have just under 1,000 and like all businesses are looking to grow.

Thanks for your time.
                    Got it. I respect what your are doing, sorry for being overly critical.
                    UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                      Neutral Zone scouting service's national ranking of Hockey East freshman classes (out of a total of 60 Division I programs):
                      Providence - 2nd
                      UConn - 4th
                      BC - 10th
                      UMass Amherst - 13th
                      BU - 14th
                      UMass Lowell - 15th
                      UNH** - 24th
                      Merrimack - 26th
                      Northeastern - 31st
                      Vermont - 46th
                      Maine - 55th

**UNH's ranking does not include Filip Engarås (Stockholm, Sweden). Neutral Zone does not typically provide an assessment of an international player who has not yet played hockey in North America. In my opinion, if Engarås had been evaluated by NZ, UNH's ranking probably would have risen one or two slots.
                      Neutral Zone's team ratings are basically useless. It's literally an addition of their ranking of every player. So UConn who has something like 15 players coming in (I wish I was exaggerating) and Northeastern who has 5 being judged on that same scale tells you nothing about either of them, especially because the range that D1 players are rated by NZ is essentially 3.75 to 4.25 stars. Having 8 of best players in the world barely overcomes another team having 9 depth pieces.
                      Last edited by TheRevengeance; 09-06-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        Neutral Zone's team ratings are basically useless. It's literally an addition of their ranking of every player. So UConn who has something like 15 players coming in (I wish I was exaggerating) and Northeastern who has 5 being judged on that same scale tells you nothing about either of them, especially because the range that D1 players are rated by NZ is essentially 3.75 to 4.25 stars. Having 8 of best players in the world barely overcomes another team having 9 depth pieces.
                        Well, that is fair enough. I do think Jeff rates it as he sees it. But in Maines example, there wasn't much scholly money graduated and yet they have great influx of talent. Yet Maine ranked lowest. It isn't about ratings of incoming class as a whole, but how can you incremently improve your squad. But that won't sell.

I enjoy Jeff's content. And can understand it is difficult to make a living this way.

Comment

I think that's pretty good. Hope you hit 1,000 soon. And then 2,000.
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            But in Maines example, there wasn't much scholly money graduated and yet they have great influx of talent.
                            Everyone has an "influx of talent" given your definition of talent. Maine's is just well below-average, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Everyone has an "influx of talent" given your definition of talent. Maine's is just well below-average, that's all.
                              That has been true for last decade. But it is changing. Btw, a couple Maine recruits are rated highly by other scout service. Never the less, the proof is in the putting.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                That has been true for last decade. But it is changing. Btw, a couple Maine recruits are rated highly by other scout service. Never the less, the proof is in the putting.
                                When did this morph into a discussion of the UMaine Varsity Golf squad's recruits?
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X