No announcement yet.

World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

It is a rather anti climatic trophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
      It is a rather anti climatic trophy.
      Yup. More about the medal i guess. But that is one lame trophy.

Comment

@MikeMcKenzie11: I knew this game was going to be crazy when they showed 🇺🇸getting off the bus drinking Tim Hortons & 🇨🇦walking in drinking Starbucks. 🤔
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The silver and bronze things are so 80's Olympics. Participation trophys for the Ref's as well
          Last edited by LTsatch; 01-05-2017, 11:10 PM.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            The silver and bronze things are so 80's Olympics. Participation trophys for the Ref's as well
            As a referee, in another sport, those "participation trophies" are actually quite cherished. It's a big deal to referee a final and it's nice to have something for it.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Participation trophys for the Ref's as well
              I have to disagree a little with you there. I was a high school basketball referee for 17 years. It is VERY political and just getting to a playoff game is a tremendous accomplishment. At least they rate you on merit now and you have a shot. Back in the day you had no chance unless you "knew" enough people. So I think it is very significant for them.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                I have to disagree a little with you there. I was a high school basketball referee for 17 years. It is VERY political and just getting to a playoff game is a tremendous accomplishment. At least they rate you on merit now and you have a shot. Back in the day you had no chance unless you "knew" enough people. So I think it is very significant for them.
                All I can think of is Ed Hochuli's "Yes, there are penalties in the pro bowl." Reffing is VERY tough work, and to even get a chance to work the tournament has to be a great thing.

Comment

Going back to 2010 gold medal, there's enough talent where we should do better at the senior level going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Going back to 2010 gold medal, there's enough talent where we should do better at the senior level going forward.

You'd hope.

We've been good at the U-17, U-18 and U-20 levels for over a decade now.

Needs to translate to the national team at some point.

I will say I get more jacked for the WJCs than I ever do for the Olympics in terms of hockey.

Comment

Agreed. But it beats losing.
                      As proof of that all you had to see was the tears in the Canadians' eyes when it was over. As much as I loved seeing the USA win, I actually felt bad for the Canadian players. They gave all they had, and more...it means SO much to them and their fans.

It's an old and tired cliche', but it really rings true here: It's a shame that one team had to lose.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

It's still political to an extent but yeah there is a lot more merit involved now.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Well Bettman and co. are putting a stop to that. Hopefully the NHLPA keeps pressing because the US would have a real shot at gold in 2018.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Same here, just the emotion and effort these kids show is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              All I can think of is Ed Hochuli's "Yes, there are penalties in the pro bowl." Reffing is VERY tough work, and to even get a chance to work the tournament has to be a great thing.
                              A classic.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Stayed home from my hockey to watch that.

Epic choice executed perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X