• Show
Clear All

Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Final roster for USA: http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/sh...or-team-roster

Good amount of college talent in there.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Final roster for USA: http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/sh...or-team-roster

Good amount of college talent in there.
      Still need one more defenseman cut, and maybe one more goalie cut as well.

Comment

Yeesh, tough group with US, Canada, and Russia together. Not to mention Slovakia. Latvia, something tells me this may not be too good of a tournament...

Comment

A lot of hand-wringing about Debrincat being cut.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            A lot of hand-wringing about Debrincat being cut.
            Shouldn't be.
            Didn't do much at any camp and hasn't really produced outside the OHL.
            Most of the *****ing I've seen is from Hawk fans.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Shouldn't be.
              I hope it doesn't come back to bite them the way cutting Kyle Connor last year did (or not inviting him, I don't remember technically what it was).
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Shouldn't be.
                Personally I have a hard time feeling bad for any kid that takes his show to Canada. They deserve being left off to a large degree. The problem is usually there isn't an equal player to replace them with and as a result the tournament performance suffers. In an ideal world we could just plug in a comparable replacement and let the Major Junior kids cry on each others' shoulders. I don't like politics but I have no problem with this type of thing.
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Personally I have a hard time feeling bad for any kid that takes his show to Canada. They deserve being left off to a large degree. The problem is usually there isn't an equal player to replace them with and as a result the tournament performance suffers. In an ideal world we could just plug in a comparable replacement and let the Major Junior kids cry on each others' shoulders. I don't like politics but I have no problem with this type of thing.
                  Some kids are not cut out for college. Jeremy Roenick (BC for a week, Hull for a while, NHL for career) comes to mind.

You keep your best players regardless of affiliation.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

12/23 left are HEA

Comment

I don't care where they take their talents...I care about how they show up. Debrincat wasn't just an underperformer last year, but he also was selfish. He took what I believe was a Game Misconduct penalty for spearing behind the play (or something along those lines). Zero tolerance for that kind of nonsense at this kind of tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        I don't care where they take their talents...I care about how they show up. Debrincat wasn't just an underperformer last year, but he also was selfish. He took what I believe was a Game Misconduct penalty for spearing behind the play (or something along those lines). Zero tolerance for that kind of nonsense at this kind of tournament.
                        I had forgotten about that. You're right. I would imagine that played a larger role in his being left off the roster than anything else.

Comment

I seem to recall the last time we tried stuff like that, and we ended up playing relegation games. It's a matter of getting the right players to best suit the United States of America team.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Some kids are not cut out for college. Jeremy Roenick (BC for a week, Hull for a while, NHL for career) comes to mind.

You keep your best players regardless of affiliation.
                            Totally agree. College isn't for everybody
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'm surprised Jerry didn't use his clout again to prevent Bracco from making this year's team.
                              Last edited by Middle Street; 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                I'm surprised Jerry didn't use his clout again to prevent Bracco from making this year's team.
                                Character matters so glad he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X