No announcement yet.

World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    I am. And it's not the team that won. Canada gets better as the tournament goes on. And I don't know how Sweden has won ten billion "non-medal round" games in a row, because they were awful. Canada had MUCH more speed and skill. It's going to be awfully tough to beat them, IN CANADA, after we have already beaten them once. US would have handled Sweden easily. Definitely the two best teams in the tournament will be playing, that's for sure.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Unfortunately my cable company doesn't carry NHL network Anyone know where else I can watch the game? Am only 3 hrs from Montreal...so tempting!!!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        The peyton manning of the WJC?

Comment

We have a clear edge in net but my concern is canada wears down our defense tonight. Leaned heavily on the top pairing against russia and also the 2nd pair compared to fox, lindgren and ahcan. Those last 3 guys only played around 10 mins each.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I believe the three finalists for the 2018 host eventually won by Buffalo were Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Tampa.
            I found an old article on usahockey.com. It turns out the three finalists were Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis.

Five cities all together put in bids. The two that got eliminated initially were Chicago and Tampa.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I found an old article on usahockey.com. It turns out the three finalists were Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis.

Five cities all together put in bids. The two that got eliminated initially were Chicago and Tampa.
              I wonder if "Minneapolis" is opposed to hosting because of the Gopher's holiday tournament? That would be sad...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I wonder if "Minneapolis" is opposed to hosting because of the Gopher's holiday tournament? That would be sad...
                Would that also be the case for the Detroit area because of the GLI I wonder?

Anyway, saw this cool piece on Team USA on Twitter. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I don't think so. The tournament doesn't draw that well and the WJC gathers fans from all over both domestic and international.

Who normally organizes this type of bid? Maybe the answer is too broad, but perhaps there's a lack of people locally with the interest necessary to put in the effort. There is an awful lot of attention in the Twin Cities paid to h.s. and college puck plus the Wild. That doesn't mean the WJC would lack for attendance if it were held here, but I don't know how many people talk about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Unfortunately my cable company doesn't carry NHL network Anyone know where else I can watch the game? Am only 3 hrs from Montreal...so tempting!!!
                    Cricfree TV. European feed of the TSN coverage. It does skip around a bit so you'll want to refresh it every so often to make sure it is live. Also, make sure your Ad and pop-up blockers are installed and working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      We have a clear edge in net but my concern is canada wears down our defense tonight. Leaned heavily on the top pairing against russia and also the 2nd pair compared to fox, lindgren and ahcan. Those last 3 guys only played around 10 mins each.
                      I feel like Fox didn't see a shift after his ill-advised play led to the tying breakaway goal. I also noticed that Harper saw very limited time (if any) after he was on the ice for the first (I think) Russia goal.

Very nervous about tonight. Such a tough atmosphere, and like Chickod said, beating them twice on their own turf will be extremely difficult. I know the 2010 team lost a heartbreaker in the preliminary round and almost lost the same way in the title game before Carlson won it.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I feel like Fox didn't see a shift after his ill-advised play led to the tying breakaway goal. I also noticed that Harper saw very limited time (if any) after he was on the ice for the first (I think) Russia goal.
                        Motzko isn't one to bench someone for a single bad play, regardless of how bad that single play was. It requires a culmination of plays to get benched. So if Fox wasn't performing particularly well prior to that goal, and then add that play onto the tally, that could be why he didn't see the ice after Russia's third goal. Again, that assumes he didn't see the ice and instead just stuck in situations where he'd have been playing away from the puck.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          If memory serves, you don't have season tickets anymore? I do, so no extra cost for me to consider. I'll always take live hockey over TV (except for extreme circumstances). I'm sure they'll have it on between periods and/or I'll fast forward to the goals after.

BU Hockey: Hoping it won't be me and a thousand Union fans

I'll be there! I'll also be streaming on my phone. Thankfully I have quite the data plan.

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          +1

So a game leading to a world championship is decided by a circus sideshow instead of by skating, shooting, stickhandling, passing, bodychecking, and all the other skills that comprise the game of hockey. I hope and pray the NCAA never stoops to this kind of nonsense to decide hockey championships.

Agreed - however, after seeing multiple 3OT/2OT games in recent memory, and given the way both teams were playing last night, and with the gold medal game not 24 hours later, I'll take a shootout.

Question though - does the 10min 4x4 then shootout also apply to the gold medal game? That would be insanely stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Come on, that's what they created the DVR for.
                            20 years ago, I would have said the same thing to an old fart like me. But yeah, I'm old and tired and the higher quality hockey will be seen from my couch tonight. (And yes, of course live hockey is better than TV hockey in general, but not in this case.) Sorry BU. Love ya, mean it.

BU Hockey: Union of the United States > Union vs. BU
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

BU Hockey: Union of the United States/BUSA > Union vs. (BU-BUSA)
                              FYP

(with credit to the guy who started BUSA)
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Would that also be the case for the Detroit area because of the GLI I wonder?

Anyway, saw this cool piece on Team USA on Twitter. Check it out.
                                That's a great piece Scarlet thanks for sharing.. USA!!!!
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X