No announcement yet.

World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Who was the lead play by play guy for the USA games, much better than the two hacks tonight. Very impressed with his work.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Steve Mears, I believe.

What a crazy period! Excellent hockey. I'm not sure which team I want the US to face tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Who was the lead play by play guy for the USA games, much better than the two hacks tonight. Very impressed with his work.
        Funny, I like Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro better than Mears and Starman. But I like TSN more than USA Networks.

FYI, Tessa Bonhomme's Dad was in the same graduating class as I was at Clarkson.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          I ****ing HATE that as a way to decide a game like this, but YESSSSSSS!!!!!!
          +1

So a game leading to a world championship is decided by a circus sideshow instead of by skating, shooting, stickhandling, passing, bodychecking, and all the other skills that comprise the game of hockey. I hope and pray the NCAA never stoops to this kind of nonsense to decide hockey championships.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            +1

So a game leading to a world championship is decided by a circus sideshow instead of by skating, shooting, stickhandling, passing, bodychecking, and all the other skills that comprise the game of hockey. I hope and pray the NCAA never stoops to this kind of nonsense to decide hockey championships.
            European mentality that all games must fit in a set time slot.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Come on, that's what they created the DVR for.
              There is no way you can be at the BU game and not know what is happening in the Gold Medal game. I thought about it, not doing it.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                +1

This times 100 ^^^^^^^^
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Stromme makes it 4-2 Canada with 12 to go
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    There is no way you can be at the BU game and not know what is happening in the Gold Medal game. I thought about it, not doing it.
                    If memory serves, you don't have season tickets anymore? I do, so no extra cost for me to consider. I'll always take live hockey over TV (except for extreme circumstances). I'm sure they'll have it on between periods and/or I'll fast forward to the goals after.

BU Hockey: Hoping it won't be me and a thousand Union fans

Comment

This game has a whole lotta nasty.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

I hope the USA players have the stomach for what they are going to face tomorrow.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I'm not sure which team I want the US to face tomorrow.
                          I am. And it's not the team that won. Canada gets better as the tournament goes on. And I don't know how Sweden has won ten billion "non-medal round" games in a row, because they were awful. Canada had MUCH more speed and skill. It's going to be awfully tough to beat them, IN CANADA, after we have already beaten them once. US would have handled Sweden easily. Definitely the two best teams in the tournament will be playing, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            I hope the USA players have the stomach for what they are going to face tomorrow.
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Funny, I like Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro better than Mears and Starman.
                              I think Starman has improved immensely. Mears has a more subdued style, but does a good job IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                I think Starman has improved immensely. Mears has a more subdued style, but does a good job IMO.
                                Bought my tickets for tomorrow! I'll be there in the 400s rapping the Stars and Stripes with two others. Can't wait!
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X