No announcement yet.

World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    Has the X ever bid on it?
    I have no idea...but they should. I know the tournament was in Minnesota once, but that was a long time ago. Do we even know who has bid to hose in the US in the past?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Was in greater Boston a while ago. Maybe over a decade. Games were at northeastern and a 6 rink complex in Marlboro as Mookie recalls
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I have no idea...but they should. I know the tournament was in Minnesota once, but that was a long time ago. Do we even know who has bid to hose in the US in the past?
        Would love it at the X. Mariucci could be used as the second venue.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I believe the three finalists for the 2018 host eventually won by Buffalo were Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Tampa.

The twin cities would make a lot of sense to me...
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I believe the three finalists for the 2018 host eventually won by Buffalo were Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Tampa.

The twin cities would make a lot of sense to me...
            my wife would hate me, but I'd love to attend this tournament.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Was in greater Boston a while ago. Maybe over a decade. Games were at northeastern and a 6 rink complex in Marlboro as Mookie recalls
              This tournament started to gain more exposure during the NHL lockout of the mid 2000's if i recall correctly. Pretty sure the tournament was covered by ESPN. I know that's the first the I saw it and heard of it. I've followed it pretty religiously since then.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Pretty good start for the US, but gotta start putting some shots on the actual net and make Russian goalie make some saves. Couple of decent chances that have been sailed wide.

Good tempo though early for the US.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Would love it at the X. Mariucci could be used as the second venue.
                  I doubt they'd want to use Mariucci, if only for the change in rink size. To keep everything as standard as possible regarding the ice, Target Center or Ridder Arena would be better secondary arenas, depending upon expected crowd size for a particular game.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I doubt they'd want to use Mariucci, if only for the change in rink size. To keep everything as standard as possible regarding the ice, Target Center or Ridder Arena would be better secondary arenas, depending upon expected crowd size for a particular game.
                    I'm sure Ridder would be more than adequate in size for any game that didn't feature US/Canada
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm sure Ridder would be more than adequate in size for any game that didn't feature US/Canada
                      Probably, but we do have a sizeable Russian population here, mostly first generation immigrants in their 30s and early 40s.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I used to think that until one of the tournaments (malmo?) had two different size ice sheets.

Comment

Is Parsons the #1 goalie for the US?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I used to think that until one of the tournaments (malmo?) had two different size ice sheets.
                            Refs are really letting the boys play so far.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Is Parsons the #1 goalie for the US?
                              Yes. Beat out Woll.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Pretty good start for the US, but gotta start putting some shots on the actual net and make Russian goalie make some saves. Couple of decent chances that have been sailed wide.

Good tempo though early for the US.
                                And for the first time in the tournament, we find ourselves behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X