No announcement yet.

World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Off-topic, honest question: With 7 players talented enough to make the USA World Juniors, why isn't BU the country's top D1 team?
    1) Tied for youngest team in the country 2) Lost a ton of scoring to graduation from last year's team. 3) Top freshman, Clayton Keller, being out 7 of 17 games didn't help.

That being said, BU isn't in shabby position at T-4 in the Pairwise. I expect a stronger second half given their age and adjustment to the college game.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      The outdoor game in Buffalo will be a pre tournament game if both USA and Canada have the same result tomorrow.
      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if there was a preliminary agreement to force US and Canada into the same group regardless of how the standings went. And what would have happened if Canada was relegated... (as was mentioned a few years ago when Finland wasn't all that strong, they were not able to be relegated for the next year because they were the hosts)
      Canada/USA on New Years Eve is already locked in. They are going to be in the same group no matter what.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        1) Tied for youngest team in the country 2) Lost a ton of scoring to graduation from last year's team. 3) Top freshman, Clayton Keller, being out 7 of 17 games didn't help.

That being said, BU isn't in shabby position at T-4 in the Pairwise. I expect a stronger second half given their age and adjustment to the college game.
        Yeah, it's easy to forget the fact that some of these guys can be 5 to 6 years younger than some players on other teams. They may be among the best in the world for their age group, but that doesn't make them the best college players in the country (that is why Eichel was such a special player - he WAS that young AND was the best player in the country).
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Off-topic, honest question: With 7 players talented enough to make the USA World Juniors, why isn't BU the country's top D1 team?
          They are the top D1 team in the country, don't kid yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Yeah, it's easy to forget the fact that some of these guys can be 5 to 6 years younger than some players on other teams. They may be among the best in the world for their age group, but that doesn't make them the best college players in the country (that is why Eichel was such a special player - he WAS that young AND was the best player in the country).
            Not so sure about that...Matthews might have been!
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Not so sure about that...Matthews might have been!
              I wasn't including Matthews in his age group, since he was a different draft year. Otherwise, I would agree with you.

Comment

Goodbye, Latvia. Hello, Belarus.

Comment

3pm game! Gah! Please post streaming options for this of us at work.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    I'll be on a plane, but if work will allow there will likely be a YouTube stream on reddit.com/r/nhlstreams.
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      onhockey.tv
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        DVR and radio/internet silence for me.

Two tough games coming up for sure (win or lose today).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Playing at the Ralph would ensure more Canadians both in the stands and on the ice.
                          Playing in Buffalo next year, wouldn't that location have the same results in addition to being close to several metropolitan areas?

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                            Playing in Buffalo next year, wouldn't that location have the same results in addition to being close to several metropolitan areas?
                            You must be from one of those eastern schools, missing the joke.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I would love to see this tournament at the X and Amsoil...that would be spectacular.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I would love to see this tournament at the X and Amsoil...that would be spectacular.
                                Has the X ever bid on it?
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X